Who will be the dark horse in 21-3A

Not sure that 'Dark Horse' is the correct term here.  3rd place team however is.  BC has the edge right now due to it's come from behind win over Buna, but OF still has both Buna and BC on it's schedule.  Beating 1 of those teams is a must, beating both might be a tall order to ask of the Bobcats.  We could be looking at a 3 way tie come November 9th.

Buna coulda, shoulda, woulda had the 3rd spot. It still blows my mind how we blew a 24-0 lead. Nonetheless, Bridge City would be my top pick.  Orangefield is at a disadvantage because Bridge City has already seen (and found a way to stop) our offense. However, I still believe they are good enough to beat BC. That game will be the decision maker and I could see it going either way. Turnovers and defense will be key. I believe Buna will beat OF and HJ. and hopefully for us cougs BC will lose another game.

IF the district ends up in a 3 way tie for 3rd like this...How would the 3rd spot be decided? Not sure how our district rules. Points scored vs allowed, coin toss, paper rock scissors, thumb war?

WOS    6-0
Silsbee 5-1
BC 3-3
Buna 3-3
OF 3-3
HJ 1-5
HF 0-6

[quote name="Cougar4Life" post="1301008" timestamp="1350312893"]
Buna coulda, shoulda, woulda had the 3rd spot. It still blows my mind how we blew a 24-0 lead. Nonetheless, Bridge City would be my top pick.  Orangefield is at a disadvantage because Bridge City has already seen (and found a way to stop) our offense. However, I still believe they are good enough to beat BC. That game will be the decision maker and I could see it going either way. Turnovers and defense will be key. I believe Buna will beat OF and HJ. and hopefully for us cougs BC will lose another game.

[b]IF the district ends up in a 3 way tie for 3rd like this...How would the 3rd spot be decided?[/b] Not sure how our district rules. Points scored vs allowed, coin toss, paper rock scissors, thumb war?

WOS    6-0
Silsbee 5-1
BC 3-3
Buna 3-3
OF 3-3
HJ 1-5
HF 0-6
[/quote]

In the case of a three way tie, it goes to a point system. Whoever has the highest + point total out of the three advances to playoffs. If the three way tie involves Bridge City, Buna and Orangefield, the current point status for each team is as follows:

BC          +4 (28-24 win over Buna)
Buna        -4 (24-28 loss to BC)
OF          --- (OF has not played BC and Buna)

Remaining schedule for each team:

BC        HF, HJ, WO-S, OF
Buna    HJ, WO-S, OF
OF        WO-S, Buna, BC

For you Buna fans, your team needs some help to get in the playoffs. An example of what needs to happen to get Buna in the playoffs is this:

BC beats HF and HJ, loses to WO-S, loses to OF by 5, giving them -1 point total
Buna beats HJ, loses to WO-S, beats OF by 5, giving them +1 point total
OF loses to WO-S, loses to Buna by 5, beats BC by 5, giving them 0 point total.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1301036" timestamp="1350314787"]
[quote author=Cougar4Life link=topic=104704.msg1301008#msg1301008 date=1350312893]

[b]IF the district ends up in a 3 way tie for 3rd like this...How would the 3rd spot be decided?[/b] Not sure how our district rules. Points scored vs allowed, coin toss, paper rock scissors, thumb war?

WOS    6-0
Silsbee 5-1
BC 3-3
Buna 3-3
OF 3-3
HJ 1-5
HF 0-6
[/quote]

In the case of a three way tie, it goes to a point system. Whoever has the highest + point total out of the three advances to playoffs. If the three way tie involves Bridge City, Buna and Orangefield, the current point status for each team is as follows:

BC          +4 (28-24 win over Buna)
Buna        -4 (24-28 loss to BC)
OF          --- (OF has not played BC and Buna)

Remaining schedule for each team:

BC        HF, HJ, WO-S, OF
Buna    HJ, WO-S, OF
OF        WO-S, Buna, BC

For you Buna fans, your team needs some help to get in the playoffs. An example of what needs to happen to get Buna in the playoffs is this:

BC beats HF and HJ, loses to WO-S, loses to OF by 5, giving them -1 point total
Buna beats HJ, loses to WO-S, beats OF by 5, giving them +1 point total
OF loses to WO-S, loses to Buna by 5, beats BC by 5, giving them 0 point total.
[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification Aggiesarewe!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder