Peewee Week 7 scores

[quote name="jackdad" post="1300446" timestamp="1350237787"]
First of all, none of these guys should be referred to as coaches.  Coaches coach on Thursday night, Friday night, or on TV on Saturday and Sunday.  They should be referred to as instructors at best, even wanna-be would be a better description.  If you constantly run your mouth every Saturday on the sidelines, run up the scores on a bunch of KIDS, pound your chest at work and tell your co-workers how great of a "coach" you are, and allow every jack@$$ parent on the sidelines to do the same, then you are asking for someone to exact revenge.  Is it right? NO.  But, there is nobody else to blame but these wanna-be's themselves.  You can't help but to feel sorry for their own kids as well.  Imagine what they deal with at home.  Did I also hear that some of these "coaches" were suspended for a few game?  Really? In Junior league football?  And your supposed to be in it to help the kids and teach them football?  Great job men!!!! You are great role models and should be very proud.  Hopefully the guys who run this league will wisen up and prohibit them from coaching further teams.
[/quote]

I'm sure there will be some "instructor" positions open next year......

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Badboy Blue" post="1300532" timestamp="1350244369"]
[quote author=jackdad link=topic=104629.msg1300446#msg1300446 date=1350237787]
First of all, none of these guys should be referred to as coaches.  Coaches coach on Thursday night, Friday night, or on TV on Saturday and Sunday.  They should be referred to as instructors at best, even wanna-be would be a better description.  If you constantly run your mouth every Saturday on the sidelines, run up the scores on a bunch of KIDS, pound your chest at work and tell your co-workers how great of a "coach" you are, and allow every jack@$$ parent on the sidelines to do the same, then you are asking for someone to exact revenge.  Is it right? NO.  But, there is nobody else to blame but these wanna-be's themselves.  You can't help but to feel sorry for their own kids as well.  Imagine what they deal with at home.  Did I also hear that some of these "coaches" were suspended for a few game?  Really? In Junior league football?  And your supposed to be in it to help the kids and teach them football?  Great job men!!!! You are great role models and should be very proud.  Hopefully the guys who run this league will wisen up and prohibit them from coaching further teams.
[/quote]

[color=yellow]By reading your post, it sounds as if you're not even a wanna be.  So where does that leave you?  GET FOR REAL!!!  ;D[/color][/quote]

Wow!  That's all you can come up with?  You have to be one of them I was talking about!  You post like you attempt to "coach", pathetic!  If your upset by my post, it must have hit a nerve.  I call them like I see them. 

[quote name="Gucci" post="1299894" timestamp="1350168066"]
Hope the Johnson kid (#10l) is okay. He left the game early with look like to me the more serious injury(neck) Keep us updated Bmt!!
[/quote]

Thanks Gucci for asking he is doing well it was a Stinger in his neck he is very sore but will be o.k. I pray that all the kids are ok on both teams.

[quote name="jackdad" post="1300446" timestamp="1350237787"]
[/quote]

Here is the definition of coach from the merriam-webster dictionary---b: one who instructs or trains <an acting coach>; especially: one who instructs players in the fundamentals of a sport and directs team strategy <a football coach>

I don't see anything in there about having to get paid or be on tv to coach.  Every man or woman that spends time with these kids, whether you like them or not are coaches.  Whether or not you like the style in which these people instruct or the strategy they use during games does not constitute whether they are coaches or not.  I think most of us can agree that there are good coaches and bad coaches, regardless of age level, sport, league, boys/girls athletics, etc. 

It sure does take a big man to get on here and call people wanna-be's from the comfort of a keyboard and computer screen.

[quote name="jackdad" post="1300592" timestamp="1350250830"]
[quote author=Badboy Blue link=topic=104629.msg1300532#msg1300532 date=1350244369]
[quote author=jackdad link=topic=104629.msg1300446#msg1300446 date=1350237787]
[/quote]

[color=yellow]By reading your post, it sounds as if you're not even a wanna be.  So where does that leave you?  GET FOR REAL!!!  ;D[/color][/quote]

Wow!  That's all you can come up with?  You have to be one of them I was talking about!  You post like you attempt to "coach", pathetic!  If your upset by my post, it must have hit a nerve.  I call them like I see them.
[/quote]

Yea you hit a nerve, but no I'm not a coach, but I have played the game!!!! If you feel these guys that give their time to our kids are so bad, why don't you attempt to do something about it.  Instead being a a$$ and critacizing what these guys are doing.  But jerks like you would rather stay in the back and complain about what you can't do yourself.  ;D

I ran into an acquaintance of mine about a month ago out one night eating with his family.  He is a real nice guy who works at my bank, so I made a point to say hello and meet his family.  He had 3 boys in what I immediately thought to be in the 5-8 years old range that appeared to be athletic to say the least.  I knew he lived in Port Neches area, so I asked him if they played for one of the PNG football teams.  He was quick to say that they did not get involved in that kind of stuff, as it was not the kind of environment he wanted to expose his kids to....  I was caught off guard by his comments and politely asked him what he meant by that statement, as I think football has been a tremendous opportunity for my son.  He went on to state that he refused to expose his kids to all of the drama and politics that goes on between the parents.  I kind of laughed on the inside while politely changing the subject and wishing him and his family a good evening.  I walked back to my family and shared the details of the conversation with my wife, who also was a little dumbfounded by his comments.  I regret laughing at him, because now I see exactly what he was talking about.  The drama that has been going on in this forum is just plain ridiculous.  We all need to remember this football program is more about development and character building than winning football games.  I know people on both sides of the current argument and outside of this forum and football in general, they are fine people.  I don't know any of the coaches on Bmt Blue, but I know every coach in Nederland and they are fine people and I find it extremely unlikely that they were teaching their kids to chop block.  Who knows where the kids involved learned to do it, if they were doing it at all?  We all need to focus on the experience and not the records or titles.  My son has experienced both the joy of being part of a super bowl championship team and playing through a losing season.  Guess what, he had as much fun in the losing season as he did the winning season.  He loves football, his teammates, and his coaches.  I would implore everyone on this forum to stop the finger pointing, name calling, and accusations that are flying in both directions and get back on point to what really matters, making these years and experiences a tool to raise the men of the future.  What they learn today will last so much longer than most of their football careers.  Let's let this post die and move forward to the playoffs and focus on the kids and not our egos....  Take this for what it is worth and spare me the negative comments.  There has been enough of those already...  Best wishes to all for a healthy recovery from their injuries and we'll see you on the field...

[quote name="MoJo1972" post="1300780" timestamp="1350266201"]
I ran into an acquaintance of mine about a month ago out one night eating with his family.  He is a real nice guy who works at my bank, so I made a point to say hello and meet his family.  He had 3 boys in what I immediately thought to be in the 5-8 years old range that appeared to be athletic to say the least.  I knew he lived in Port Neches area, so I asked him if they played for one of the PNG football teams.  He was quick to say that they did not get involved in that kind of stuff, as it was not the kind of environment he wanted to expose his kids to....  I was caught off guard by his comments and politely asked him what he meant by that statement, as I think football has been a tremendous opportunity for my son.  He went on to state that he refused to expose his kids to all of the drama and politics that goes on between the parents.  I kind of laughed on the inside while politely changing the subject and wishing him and his family a good evening.  I walked back to my family and shared the details of the conversation with my wife, who also was a little dumbfounded by his comments.  I regret laughing at him, because now I see exactly what he was talking about.  The drama that has been going on in this forum is just plain ridiculous.  We all need to remember this football program is more about development and character building than winning football games.  I know people on both sides of the current argument and outside of this forum and football in general, they are fine people.  I don't know any of the coaches on Bmt Blue, but I know every coach in Nederland and they are fine people and I find it extremely unlikely that they were teaching their kids to chop block.  Who knows where the kids involved learned to do it, if they were doing it at all?  We all need to focus on the experience and not the records or titles.  My son has experienced both the joy of being part of a super bowl championship team and playing through a losing season.  Guess what, he had as much fun in the losing season as he did the winning season.  He loves football, his teammates, and his coaches.  I would implore everyone on this forum to stop the finger pointing, name calling, and accusations that are flying in both directions and get back on point to what really matters, making these years and experiences a tool to raise the men of the future.  What they learn today will last so much longer than most of their football careers.  Let's let this post die and move forward to the playoffs and focus on the kids and not our egos....  Take this for what it is worth and spare me the negative comments.  There has been enough of those already...  Best wishes to all for a healthy recovery from their injuries and we'll see you on the field...
[/quote]
Ding ding ding.....WE FINALLY HAVE A WINNER!

And I would just like to share that I too have had the same thoughts as your acquaintance! BUT, I took a step back and asked myself....is all this negativity affecting my son? Does he have a clue that some people (ADULTS) are so ridiculous? No! He wants to play football with his buddies, whether win or lose, and that's all he knows and cares about! AND ISN'T THAT WHAT'S IMPORTANT! Our boys don't see details like we do. JUST PLAY BALL AND QUIT GRIPING!!!!!

Bmt b is a fine group of young boys, just like the rest of ours! They are winning with their hard work and some talent! What's wrong with that??? Could any of you adults so mad at bmt b look at those boys in their faces and bash them like you are bashing each other? I hope not! Like I said 2 weeks ago, why can't we be excited for their success??? When I read the 75 to 0 post, I honestly said wow, but it wasn't a wow with amo behind it!!!
Chop blocking....I mean every word I have said about this part!!! I surely hope we don't have coaches teaching this because I WILL NOT expose my 7 yr old to a situation of being severely hurt!
Yes, a lot of people have lost their focus in STJFL, and that's really kind of scary! As of now, my son is not being affected negatively. But y'all know me....the second he is, is the second we go somewhere else!
Lets come back together SETX!!! My team, your team, our boys!

The new language in Rule 2-3-8 defines a chop block as “a combination block by two or more teammates against an opponent other than the runner, with or without delay, where one of the blocks is low (at the knee or below) and one of the blocks is high (above the knee).”

Previous language defined a chop block as “a delayed block at the knees or below against an opponent who is in contact with a teammate of the blocker in the free-blocking zone.”

alot of people confuse a chop block with a cut block.

Cut blocks are legal mainly in the open field. This allows the defensive player an opportunity to avoid or hurdle the block. The main area in which a cut block is not legal is in the trenches. The trenches are considered the area where offensive and defensive linemen square off against one another at the line of scrimmage.any block from behind below the knees(clipping) is illegal. It is also illegal for WR' S to cut block(hit below the waist) LB'S  on crack back blocks.

[quote name="HouseMama" post="1300125" timestamp="1350184774"]
[quote author=Bmt Pride link=topic=104629.msg1300108#msg1300108 date=1350184129]
Believe me, my feeling are not hurt. The first part of my post was for you housemama. "not knowing what ur talking about". The other part was just a general statement for the pages upon pages of post about the Bmt B team.
[/quote]

[color=red][size=14pt]No other league creates teams like Beaumont[/size][/color].  You know it's true.  I'm just glad that my child is not on the Bmt Gold team.  That must suck knowing that your kid was not even going to have a chance to be on a team with returners.  All newbies and not able to ever join in on a winning team that has been together since Flag.  Hey - Congrats for having such an awesome team. I am not taking that away from any of the BMT people.  I'm just stating the obvious.  No need for you to be rude Bmt Pride.
[/quote]Correction!! No other league creates Studs like Beaumont :D

[quote name="pngfan97" post="1300204" timestamp="1350189482"]
[quote author=HouseMama link=topic=104629.msg1300136#msg1300136 date=1350185056]
[quote author=youthinkyouknow link=topic=104629.msg1300112#msg1300112 date=1350184372]
[quote author=HouseMama link=topic=104629.msg1300100#msg1300100 date=1350183646]
[quote author=Bmt Pride link=topic=104629.msg1300092#msg1300092 date=1350183398]
[quote author=LilBobcatMom link=topic=104629.msg1300075#msg1300075 date=1350182744]
From the STJFL Bylaws:

ARTICLE XII: DRAFTING OF TEAMS

SECTION 1:

1        Players shall return to the team from the previous season if they qualify for the same division.
[/quote]

Thank you bobcat mom. So many people have something to say when they have no clue what they are talking about.

I honestly dont understand why everyone tries so hard to bring Bmt B down. Constantly accusing them of wrong doings. Cruel world we live in. Poor kids, i feel sorry for the examples they are being shown by there parents and the world they will have to grow up in.
[/quote]

Not at all trying to 'bring Bmt B down'.  I genuinely think that it sounds like stacking to me.  We have 3 teams in Pee Wee too and all of our returners did not all go back to one team.  Guess it was a league decision.  Can't anyone on here ask a question without hurting Beaumont's feelings?  Come on' now!
[/quote]

Well then you seem to be breaking the rules according the STJFL Bylaws if your kids didn't return to their previous team. Why would they be moved to different teams and split up? How did you get away with that?

ARTICLE XII: DRAFTING OF TEAMS

SECTION 1:

1        Players shall return to the team from the previous season if they qualify for the same division.

http://www.stjfl.net/bylaws.htm
[/quote]

NOPE!  Not breaking any rules.  Players return to the team they played on the year before..... purple, white, green, black, blue... whatever it was.  Everyone does not go to ONE team.
[/quote]

Read the rule......It's not that difficult to understand.... Png G last year was all 8 y o, because the coaches basically drafted all 7 y o the year before.  My boy was one of the kids drafted onto Png G last year, as a first year player at 8.  Png G coaches didn't break any rules drafting and neither is Bmt B.  That team was almost all 7 y o last year so all those kids go back to the same team.  Period.  That's the rule.  And another thing about Bmt B, no offense to WOS, but they were the second best team in the league last year.....To be honest, the Png G Bmt B game could have gone either way, it was back and forth all game.  Had we not stopped them on the last play of the game, Bmt B would have been defending champs coming into this year.  They were beating up on teams last year left and right, so it is no surprise they are doing it again this year.  With what I saw with my own eyes last year, I'm not surprised this team put up 75 pts in a game.  And all you parents berating these coaches for scoring that many points, give me a break.  If they put in 2nd and 3rd stringers in, and are still scoring at will, that's just the way it goes.  If it's my son in there that's finally getting his chance to run the ball, I can guarantee you it will not be for the purposes of simply being a tackling dummy until our 4 plays are up and turn the ball over..... just because the other team can't stop us.  Stop hating on this team.  They are the most talented team in the division. To be talking about anything else about this team is simply a waste of time.
[/quote]

You rock PNGFAN97! You totally understand the draft rules and you get the position BMT B is in. Thank you, sincerely thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="mysons#1fan" post="1314418" timestamp="1351585122"]
I am not the one that removed the thread but.......

I have modified one post in this thread so far. Others may follow.

Several rules of this forum have been violated several times in this thread and I will assume that the other thread that was deleted had the same. It is one thing for a single post or two that can be dealt with but when the entire thread turns into comments such as .."your (sp) showing you (sp) ignorance.." and then comments using people real names, then using all CAPS TO POST, calling a coach as having a lack of leadership, calling players and/or coaches cheaters, etc. are all violations of this site.

These have all violated rules such as abusing other members, players, coaches, refs, etc., posting unsubstantiated rumors, using all caps, and abusing or showing disrespect to moderators and administrators.

A single violation or two will be dealt with directly with the violator but when it gets far enough out of hand in the opinion of a mod or admin, the thread will either be locked or deleted.

I suspect that this thread is closing in on that threshold.

Please feel free to discuss and stick to the thread's topic. In this case it is a round of the playoffs. Please do so without using all caps, without calling other members/coaches/players cheaters, without questioning mod/admin decisions, without abusing other members like by calling them ignorant, etc.

If members cannot comply with those rules, they will be dealt with directly and the thread will probably end. At least this time you will know why.

Carry on.
[/quote]

You accidentally posted this with one of your new accounts instead of your moderator account  :o Im sure it was an honest mistake  8)

[quote name="bwl4335" post="1314480" timestamp="1351602190"]
[quote author=mysons#1fan link=topic=104629.msg1314418#msg1314418 date=1351585122]

Several rules of this forum have been violated several times in this thread and I will assume that the other thread that was deleted had the same. It is one thing for a single post or two that can be dealt with but when the entire thread turns into comments such as .."your (sp) showing you (sp) ignorance.." and then comments using people real names, then using all CAPS TO POST, calling a coach as having a lack of leadership, calling players and/or coaches cheaters, etc. are all violations of this site.

These have all violated rules such as abusing other members, players, coaches, refs, etc., posting unsubstantiated rumors, using all caps, and abusing or showing disrespect to moderators and administrators.

A single violation or two will be dealt with directly with the violator but when it gets far enough out of hand in the opinion of a mod or admin, the thread will either be locked or deleted.

Please feel free to discuss and stick to the thread's topic. In this case it is a round of the playoffs. Please do so without using all caps, without calling other members/coaches/players cheaters, without questioning mod/admin decisions, without abusing other members like by calling them ignorant, etc.

If members cannot comply with those rules, they will be dealt with directly and the thread will probably end. At least this time you will know why.

Carry on.
[/quote]

You accidentally posted this with one of your new accounts instead of your moderator account  :o Im sure it was an honest mistake  8)
[/quote] lol..... :o

[quote name="bwl4335" post="1314480" timestamp="1351602190"]
[quote author=mysons#1fan link=topic=104629.msg1314418#msg1314418 date=1351585122]

Carry on.
[/quote]

[/quote]

you almost got it  :-\ You deleted your new account post with your moderator account but forgot to clean up the evidence.  8) Mama always said once you started lying that its hard to cover your tracks. Looks like mama was right!  ;) Now hop on your husbands computer again and clean up this mess!

Guest BigCountry66
[quote name="kf89" post="1300966" timestamp="1350310974"]
Cut blocks are legal mainly in the open field. This allows the defensive player an opportunity to avoid or hurdle the block. The main area in which a cut block is not legal is in the trenches. The trenches are considered the area where offensive and defensive linemen square off against one another at the line of scrimmage.any block from behind below the knees(clipping) is illegal. It is also illegal for WR' S to cut block(hit below the waist) LB'S  on crack back blocks.
[/quote]

I don't have a child in this age group but I wanted to help clear something up.  There is a huge difference between a cut block and a chop block.  The biggest difference is one is legal and one is not.  There is nothing wrong with teaching a child from peewee on up to cut block, even in the trenches, as long as they understand when to do it and when not to do it (can't cut on special teams plays, illegal crack backs by WRs on anyone inside, etc).  I hear kids even in high school calling a cut block a chop block and I always correct them.  It drives me crazy. Simplest explanation of a chop block happens when an offensive player is blocking high and another offensive player then blocks low (or cut blocks).  It is usually done by accident because the 2nd blocker was not intending for the 1st blocker to be engaged with the defender.  In fact, it usually happens simultaneously but it is still illegal and is penalized.  If someone cut blocks a defender and does it from behind, then we are now talking about clipping.  Clipping doesn't matter whether or not it is at the knees or in the back of the head, it is still clipping and is illegal.

I don't know what was happening at the game but I don't think any coach would teach their kids to cut block from behind or to perform chop blocks. The kids usually experiment with that on their own and should always be corrected by the coaches and officials.  They probably taught them to cut block, maybe on the backside of the play because the defender outweighs them by 50 pounds (I have no problem with that) and the kid mistaken did it from behind because he didn't understand the difference and needs further instruction.  I repeat, if I have an offensive guard or tackle on the backside of the play and I don't think they can reach, scoop etc a bigger, faster stronger defensive lineman, then there is nothing wrong, written or unwritten, about cutting that defensive player.  There is a grey area where a player 'legally' cuts a defender and the defender has no idea that he was about to be cut.  There is an unwritten rule that says you absolutely don't do that.  You see it sometimes in the NFL and it usually results in a fight because you just don't do it but it's not illegal.  It usually happens in the open field and not between the tackles.

I hope this post helps some people understand rules and terminology while not boring others too badly.

The post by mysons was copied from my post and I can assure that I don't have two accounts, have no clue who mysons is, have no children and have never been involved in junior league football in any manner.

I can also assure you that if I wanted to break the rules and make some hidden account, I wouldn't be so stupid as to copy and paste from one account to another.

[quote name="tvc" post="1314691" timestamp="1351614936"]
The post by mysons was copied from my post and I can assure that I don't have two accounts, have no clue who mysons is, have no children and have never been involved in junior league football in any manner.

I can also assure you that if I wanted to break the rules and make some hidden account, I wouldn't be so stupid as to copy and paste from one account to another.
[/quote]

Somehow she has the power to delete her posts and nobody else can do that. either shes a moderator or shes got one in her pocket so you should look into how shes doing it. Its not hard to figure out who she is or how many accounts shes got by the way she posts.

I meant others posts

[quote name="bwl4335" post="1314794" timestamp="1351620779"]
[quote author=tvc link=topic=104629.msg1314691#msg1314691 date=1351614936]

[/quote]

Somehow she has the power to delete her posts and nobody else can do that. either shes a moderator or shes got one in her pocket so you should look into how shes doing it. Its not hard to figure out who she is or how many accounts shes got by the way she posts.
[/quote]

Maybe you are confused. I can delete my posts

[quote name="Bmt Pride" post="1314800" timestamp="1351621020"]
[quote author=bwl4335 link=topic=104629.msg1314794#msg1314794 date=1351620779]
[quote author=tvc link=topic=104629.msg1314691#msg1314691 date=1351614936]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe you are confused. I can delete my posts
[/quote]

Moderators cannot delete posts. They can only modify the content.

I thought that you always had the ability to delete or modify your own post only.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder