**OFFICIAL** Mid-County Madness Thread!!!

GoDogs27

Who wins?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Nederland
    • PN-G

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="3bsports" post="1298971" timestamp="1350101323"]
So honestly...does PNG have a shot?  Big Ned made me a lil' nervous tonight...but of course, pulled through in the 4th:)
[/quote]

Like I said in the other thread,  records go out the window for this game.  Ned better stay focused and come out on fire in the first half, rather than waiting till the 2nd to wake up or we could be in trouble.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1298995" timestamp="1350101882"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=104613.msg1298955#msg1298955 date=1350101022]
Hey!!  my thread wasn't official enough?
[/quote]

Oops! I didnt see another thread for it yet when I checked.. My bad!!
[/quote]

no problem :)

I doubt this game will be a blowout. It will probably be like most of the other ones. Nederland's problem right now offensively is not their personnel. Its the play-calling. It's been atrocious the last couple of games. Maybe Neumann and Barrow don't want to show their hand this early knowing they are basically a play-off lock and they are ok with just winning games without scoring 50+ points. I dont know, but run right, run middle and run left get a little old. Especially when LC-M has 8 guys in the box. We do not stretch the field enough early on to open up the run game. This almost bit Nederland tonight. They let a lesser talented team stick around and stick around until the 4th. Even then, it was the defense that put it away. If Barrow opens up the playbook a little and stretches the field early, it may be a long night for the injuns. If not, look for a slugfest until Nederland puts it away, again in the 4th.

Nederland - 31
PNG - 24

PNG has a shot.  In all the years that I can remember since Neuman has been here there's only been a few years where either team won by a big margin.  There were several years where there was a big talent difference but it didn't show on the scoreboard.  I think Ned and png play well in this one and its a good game... Unless png gets cute with the play calling and throws 5 or 6 interceptions?!?!

If we don't throw it to the other team, don't hold when you're not at the point of attack, and catch the ball when it hits us in the hands behind the defense..

This game isn't close, that's called execution, not play calling?  I'm sure the playbook will get opened up more too, but we need to execute better.  We are playing SLOPpY football and its getting late enough where we need to clean it up.

[quote name="NDOMAKONG" post="1299038" timestamp="1350103432"]
If we don't throw it to the other team, don't hold when you're not at the point of attack, and catch the ball when it hits us in the hands behind the defense..

This game isn't close, that's called execution, not play calling?  I'm sure the playbook will get opened up more too, but we need to execute better.  We are playing SLOPpY football and its getting late enough where we need to clean it up.
[/quote]
Agreed that there have been some areas we need to clean up execution wise. But I feel that, at least offensively, our play-calling isn't utilizing all of our weapons. We are handing it to Hopkins way too often early on, imo. I think we should stretch the field more early and try to open up some running lanes. I understand the point about wearing down the defense, and I dont have a problem with running the ball, but I feel we should use Kimler and Taylor some more offensively. Those guys are athletic too. Basically my point is that I feel like adjusting play-calling will give our guys a better chance at executing more efficiently. I'm no coach, they are the experts. This is just a opinion from a fan who has no affiliation to any player or coach.

There are some BIG DOGS that want to chew on some Indians for awhile the bury them under the new turf. Ned offense has got to get a faster tempo and execute with a bigger play selection and the defense well they need to step it up. I mean if you watched them tonight they looked ferocious at times and napped a little to. Better get out there and play 4 quarters of football. Ned 35-14

[quote name="NDOMAKONG" post="1299069" timestamp="1350104431"]
Its a little bit of the chicken or the egg, I personally would like to see us clean up the execution before opening up the playbook. 
[/quote]

I agree.  I posted this on the Ned/LCM thread as well :

Its the little things that I think are holding us back from having a real dominant game.  Penalties, especially at the when the end up killing and offensive drive,  the allowing 1 long run every game like we just have to get it out of our system or something.  The dropping of passes (or ints)  that should be caught when they hit the person in the hands.  I think this is the stuff that needs to be fixed before the playoffs.  Oh, also ([b] Stop throwing the bubble screens!![/b])

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder