Kountze football to end 40 year playoff absence??

I understand you have to be able to play football, but extra athletes that have extreme amounts of extra athletic ability always helps. No coach on earth would agree that those athletes wouldnt make a huge difference. If you get those 15-20 kids when they are freshman and coach them on how to play football for four years and now lets say just 5-6 of those super athletic kids become a super athletic football player, at the 2A level if you get 5-6 extra really athletic kids it changes your program from being like Hardin or Kountze to being like EC or Newton. It's all about numbers, thats why 5A's are better than 4A's. It's what coaching is all about taking a kid with potential and getting it out of him. Every coach that has came through Kountze in the past 10-15 I promise you has said man I would love to get some of those basketball players to play football.

Wow! I think folks in Kountze have an allergy to being successful! Everybody on here from Kountze needs to get back to focusing on football and supporting these kids and leave the rest of it alone! I think Kountze still has the opportunity to be in a playoff spot. Look we took one in the "L" column with woodville...now we have to win against WW, AP, Kville, and hope one of those can beeat woodville by more than 2 points. If that does not happen the only thing that changes is we will have to be EC or NE...which I think we all can agree that that is going to be a challenge...hell no matter what it is going to be a challenge. I think AP or Kville has the ability to beat WE by more than 2 points. going to be a tough go...but very possible. We need to help this team and focus on the task at hand not a bunch of extracurricular crap that does not matter!

[quote name="sport1971" post="1296880" timestamp="1349966607"]
Wow! I think folks in Kountze have an allergy to being successful! Everybody on here from Kountze needs to get back to focusing on football and supporting these kids and leave the rest of it alone! I think Kountze still has the opportunity to be in a playoff spot. Look we took one in the "L" column with woodville...now we have to win against WW, AP, Kville, and hope one of those can beeat woodville by more than 2 points. If that does not happen the only thing that changes is we will have to be EC or NE...which I think we all can agree that that is going to be a challenge...heck no matter what it is going to be a challenge. I think AP or Kville has the ability to beat WE by more than 2 points. going to be a tough go...but very possible. We need to help this team and focus on the task at hand not a bunch of extracurricular crap that does not matter!
[/quote]

smart man!  best post on here.  Good advise!!

I can say this about coach Franklin, he knows that the future of any program starts with the very young. He is very supportive of the Youth football program which will not make Kountze a FOOTBALL GIANT overnight, but will over the years to come. Like someone said baby steps. Coaches ate going to make some people unhappy, that's just reality, so put on your big boy pants and lets party Football. I am very proud of our boys on and off the field. I think we have three possibility of starting a great tradition for football excellence if we focus on the positives and  with together to build this program.

[quote name="jg69421080" post="1297704" timestamp="1350050418"]
I can say this about coach Franklin, he knows that the future of any program starts with the very young. He is very supportive of the Youth football program which will not make Kountze a FOOTBALL GIANT overnight, but will over the years to come. Like someone said baby steps. Coaches ate going to make some people unhappy, that's just reality, so put on your big boy pants and lets party Football. I am very proud of our boys on and off the field. I think we have three possibility of starting a great tradition for football excellence if we focus on the positives and  with together to build this program.
[/quote]Hooked on phonics worked for me.

Well all I can say is good luck to the lions on the rest of your season.
I hope that they don't let the negativity from all of the "adults" get to them. They should be proud of what they have done this year. The coaches have these kids motivated.Yes they lost to woodville last week and it was a hard lost. But I don't think this team is done yet.

[quote name="bruno994" post="1295491" timestamp="1349799560"]
I can see Kountze taking Kville, not so sure about AP.  Also not sure that Woodville will slip up enough to let the Lions back in the hunt.  Should be Newton, EC and Woodville headed to the playoffs.
[/quote] I believe Kirbyville is a lil tougher than Kountze....otherwise they will have to prove me wrong.

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1298094" timestamp="1350082146"]
[quote author=bruno994 link=topic=104366.msg1295491#msg1295491 date=1349799560]
I can see Kountze taking Kville, not so sure about AP.  Also not sure that Woodville will slip up enough to let the Lions back in the hunt.  Should be Newton, EC and Woodville headed to the playoffs.
[/quote] I believe Kirbyville is a lil tougher than Kountze....otherwise they will have to prove me wrong.
[/quote]
Lol they will..wry about Hardin:-)

[quote name="HIGHpoint96" post="1296217" timestamp="1349885359"]
They are a sleeping giant, maybe they wont make the playoffs this year in football, but they win district in basketball and track almost every year because they have a ton of great athletes. At a 2A school you have to get kids playing every sports to be succesful. If they accomplish that no one in the district can compare to the amount of athletes they have at Kountze beside Newton. They have tons of athletes every year and if they can get excitement in the football program and get those kids to play they will be hard to play with. That's why they are a sleeping giant not because of what there history or current team is but what it could be if they get the right people in charge, and it looks like they are on the right track.
[/quote] While and Kirbyville have no athletes...pointless statement

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1298100" timestamp="1350082780"]
[quote author=HIGHpoint96 link=topic=104366.msg1296217#msg1296217 date=1349885359]
They are a sleeping giant, maybe they wont make the playoffs this year in football, but they win district in basketball and track almost every year because they have a ton of great athletes. At a 2A school you have to get kids playing every sports to be succesful. If they accomplish that no one in the district can compare to the amount of athletes they have at Kountze beside Newton. They have tons of athletes every year and if they can get excitement in the football program and get those kids to play they will be hard to play with. That's why they are a sleeping giant not because of what there history or current team is but what it could be if they get the right people in charge, and it looks like they are on the right track.
[/quote] While and [b]Kirbyville have no athletes[/b]...pointless statement
[/quote]

Well, you said it ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ProfessorMandela12
    Newest Member
    ProfessorMandela12