Kountze football to end 40 year playoff absence??

This reporter is getting paid to write this? Did they pull her off the society page to fill in? Did they do any research as to what it takes to go to the playoffs? Kountze is new and improved but they have not played any teams the caliber of the ones they are facing over the next few weeks. I don't see the playoffs for them this year or next.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1295604" timestamp="1349806634"]
This reporter is getting paid to write this? Did they pull her off the society page to fill in? Did they do any research as to what it takes to go to the playoffs? Kountze is new and improved but they have not played any teams the caliber of the ones they are facing over the next few weeks. I don't see the playoffs for them this year or next.
[/quote]
Kinda how we feel about alot of district basketball teams lol

[quote name="KingJames123" post="1295650" timestamp="1349810371"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=104366.msg1295604#msg1295604 date=1349806634]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Was wondering when the Kountze fans would throw out the "wait till basketball season" stuff out there.

Much sooner than I thought.  ;) ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1295763" timestamp="1349820506"]
[quote author=KingJames123 link=topic=104366.msg1295650#msg1295650 date=1349810371]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=104366.msg1295604#msg1295604 date=1349806634]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Was wondering when the Kountze fans would throw out the "wait till basketball season" stuff out there.

Much sooner than I thought.  ;) ;D
[/quote]
I didn't say wait till basketball season lol

[quote name="HIGHpoint96" post="1296106" timestamp="1349880666"]
I have been telling people for years that Kountze could be a sleeping giant in football. They always have a few big kids and tons of athletes in basketball and track. It just takes the right coach to get those kids fired up about football.
[/quote]
Don't think they are a sleeping giant by any means at least not in this district...no playoffs for the Lions again, no matter what the Beaumont Slanterprise prints.

They are a sleeping giant, maybe they wont make the playoffs this year in football, but they win district in basketball and track almost every year because they have a ton of great athletes. At a 2A school you have to get kids playing every sports to be succesful. If they accomplish that no one in the district can compare to the amount of athletes they have at Kountze beside Newton. They have tons of athletes every year and if they can get excitement in the football program and get those kids to play they will be hard to play with. That's why they are a sleeping giant not because of what there history or current team is but what it could be if they get the right people in charge, and it looks like they are on the right track.

Great athletes don't always make great football players...look at the track athletes over the years that have tried and failed at football...there are exceptions like Bob Hayes and Willie Gault but for the most part they don't do well...Not saying that is this case in Kountze just saying it's not a given....

[quote name="HIGHpoint96" post="1296357" timestamp="1349892345"]
Terrible arguement, this is 2A high school football not the nfl. Those track athletes would definitely help when you have less than 400 students in the whole school. Ask any coach and they will tell you that a strong track program is good for any football team.
[/quote] Sorry not a terrible argument at all...because a kid can outrun a horse or jump out of the gym this automatically means he's going to lay a hit on someone? Block someone? Catch a football in traffic?? No it doesn't....and believe it or not even 2A guys have to do all these things to win.....What coaches will tell you about track is that football players running track makes football players better...All I'm saying is your theory about getting all those athletes on the gridiron guarantees success is not a slamdunk...(no pun intended)..

Well like always...kountze parents are raising Caine because little Johnny can't play to his standards.....causing a mess at the time of year they don't need this mess......hope the best for the boys and god help coach Franklin ..Jesus people can't keep there nose out of coaches business.good luck guys and please lions let's bounce back!
:o

[quote name="Numberoneonly" post="1296696" timestamp="1349921014"]
Well like always...kountze parents are raising Caine because little Johnny can't play to his standards.....causing a mess at the time of year they don't need this mess......hope the best for the boys and god help coach Franklin ..Jesus people can't keep there nose out of coaches business.good luck guys and please lions let's bounce back!
:o
[/quote]
Sad.

Guest kountzemania
I am gonna say this: some of the parents and employees of Kountze ISD some of yall suck, you are selfish, unaccomplished, pieces of DUNG. YOU simpleton people are doing everything YOU can to disturb the positive progress coach franklin is trying to make. Here is my message to the employees trying screw things up: COACH FRANKLIN HAS A THREE YEAR CONTRACT AND IS THE BOSS...GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR. This man has had to put up with a bunch of crap because of time constraints, constraints that will not exist next year so if you think it's all good; better rethink! My advise be seen and not heard, get on his page or get gone!:) THANKS FOR BRING THE SUBJECT UP NUMBERONEONLY

Kountze!  There you are :).  I was wondering when you would come out. 

Just like every year.  Big flare up for preseason!  Then get to a tough district...start blaming coaches, kids not getting to play enough, ready for basketball,  etc...  I was wondering when you would be back from fantasy island.

I'll have to admit..  it took longer than I gave credit for.

Why cant you guys stop pointing fingers and give credit where it's due?  Kountze is having one of their best seasons in a while.  You have to take baby steps.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder