WB FANS

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westbrook has to figure something out on offense and quit throwing bubbles as your bread and butter, hey Flannagin they don't work!!!!! I say put clack at receiver and let him stretch the field, use spearman as a slant and across the middle big body receiver, Clack would be a great Moss type receiver he can really fly in a straight line, put the junior back in at QB so he can get the experience he needs for next year! Then maybe we will begin to build for the future but as of now we are looking terrible now and for next year! No reason with the talent on this team to be in this situation, looks to me that this coach has no idea who his players are an what there good at! Quit running and throwing side to side and get north! I think he has not realized that this is not 3A football where you have only 2 athletes, hey flannigan time to wake up this is 5A football where you have a team of athletes !!!! Open up the offense so they stop stacking the box on you, its very frustrating as a fan of the brook to watch the plays this coach runs, it would be different if it was just a lack of talent but as of now it's a lack of coaching!!!!

Maybe stump left for a reason, if wb had the stump ath. That had been through his great offseason then they might compete more, but flannagen has had to start from scratch . Let him have a few offseasonns and a. Couple of seasons under his belt, ...... Stump did leave for a reason!

[quote name="BrookAlumni" post="1294297" timestamp="1349658801"]
Westbrook has to figure something out on offense and quit throwing bubbles as your bread and butter, hey Flannagin they don't work!!!!! I say put clack at receiver and let him stretch the field, use spearman as a slant and across the middle big body receiver, Clack would be a great Moss type receiver he can really fly in a straight line, put the junior back in at QB so he can get the experience he needs for next year! Then maybe we will begin to build for the future but as of now we are looking terrible now and for next year! No reason with the talent on this team to be in this situation, looks to me that this coach has no idea who his players are an what there good at! Quit running and throwing side to side and get north! I think he has not realized that this is not 3A football where you have only 2 athletes, hey flannigan time to wake up this is 5A football where you have a team of athletes !!!! Open up the offense so they stop stacking the box on you, its very frustrating as a fan of the brook to watch the plays this coach runs, it would be different if it was just a lack of talent but as of now it's a lack of coaching!!!!
[/quote]Very well said, Alum. You hit the nail on the head! Certainly, we can't be the only ones to see this?

I'm a fan of WB but they may struggle a bit more in the near future with all the sudden coaching changes that occurred! Besides, Ozen probably will get the cream of the crop from South Park Joe Thomas rb/lb, Jawon Mitchell qb/s, Elishah "Li Li" Simpson r/cb and some other good ones! Also talk is Odom's cream of the crop Calvin "Lil' C." Tyler rb, Christopher Bishop qb/s and Jamie Wheaton r/lb and a host of others will also be wearing Ozen's Blue & Gold next year! These guys are some of the best talent accross the state and should bolster their program! 

When will the idots at BISD and WB ever smarten up and do what is necessary?  Fire the staff and hire 82 and Alumni and all the other experts to take over the program so WB can finally win state again.  Apparently, that's all it is going to take.  It is that simple.

No need to get your feathers ruffled, jackdad. No offense was intended. I was just voicing my opinion, based on what I've noticed from watching several WB games, this season. The whole point of this message board is to talk about sports, mainly HS football. I can critique the heck out of a game, especially from the stands. LOL! I am certainly a better "arm chair quarterback" than I would be if I actually had to throw a ball. So, again I meant no offense by what was posted. But, I can see when something isn't working, and when change is needed. The new coaching staff will be given their due time to be competitive. But, if after next year we're getting the same ol-same ol......well, that's unacceptable and a change is needed. Just sayin....

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1294881" timestamp="1349724601"]
No need to get your feathers ruffled, jackdad. No offense was intended. I was just voicing my [u][/u][b]opinion[/b], based on what I've noticed from watching several WB games, this season. The whole point of this message board is to talk about sports, mainly HS football. I can critique the heck out of a game, especially from the stands. LOL! I am certainly a better "arm chair quarterback" than I would be if I actually had to throw a ball. So, again I meant no offense by what was posted. But, I can see when something isn't working, and when change is needed. The new coaching staff will be given their due time to be competitive. But, if after next year we're getting the same ol-same ol......well, that's unacceptable and a change is needed. Just sayin....
[/quote]
yours is an opinion...no better than anybody elses...sometimes you try to state it as more...and its not.

[quote name="jackdad" post="1294831" timestamp="1349721698"]
When will the idots at BISD and WB ever smarten up and do what is necessary?  Fire the staff and hire 82 and Alumni and all the other experts to take over the program so WB can finally win state again.  Apparently, that's all it is going to take.  It is that simple.
[/quote]

Well first of all JACKDAD I did not say fire them YET! And my opinion is what I stand by, that is what this forum is for, to express your opinion on WB football. Its easy to critisize us as fans and have no intellegent input on WB football and what the problem may be, I was definately not trying to ruffle anyones feathers but obviously your missing the point of this forum!

I'll join the roll call..... Been around and have been in many battles with the one and only          "Soulja".  ;) and the old PAM Guys (snackattack) days.  Soulja can back this, I told him that if Central ever had a chance at Brook it was this year.  Nelson took advantage where Washington did not. 

The KEY.  Transfers, for what ever reason, had been closed the last few years Stump was around.  Stump leaves and the transfer door is magically reopened.  But..... The damage may have been just enough.  Numbers slowly melted on kids coming out for football at West Brook, and an Ozen victory might just keep it that way. 

What turns middle schoolers heads in BISD......... W's and lots of them, sucess, and yes even success against your own district.  Now, as much as I am against WB even playing Central or Ozen, Flanagan is going to need those games more now then anything.  One he's gona have to push his program, but the product will be only as good as the results.  Open door to transfers only works when you win.  Balls in Ozen's court right now. 

Good luck to all three BISD schools the rest if the way!

[quote name="mighymouse490" post="1295056" timestamp="1349738411"]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=104302.msg1295028#msg1295028 date=1349735288]
I am still a WB fan.  I just lost my voice during all those winning seasons.  Hopefully I'll get it back.  :-X
[/quote]

fairweather #2  ;D
[/quote]
Whatever.
BTW--if you have a spouse or if you have any remote chance of a heterosexual relationship --ask her to translate this for you.  ;)

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="BrookAlumni" post="1294987" timestamp="1349731714"]
[quote author=jackdad link=topic=104302.msg1294831#msg1294831 date=1349721698]
[/quote]
I'd love to take over the program.... ;D

Well first of all JACKDAD I did not say fire them YET! And my opinion is what I stand by, that is what this forum is for, to express your opinion on WB football. Its easy to critisize us as fans and have no intellegent input on WB football and what the problem may be, I was definately not trying to ruffle anyones feathers but obviously your missing the point of this forum!
[/quote]

[quote name="SgtRey" post="1312957" timestamp="1351436801"]
[quote author=BrookAlumni link=topic=104302.msg1294987#msg1294987 date=1349731714]
[quote author=jackdad link=topic=104302.msg1294831#msg1294831 date=1349721698]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I'd love to take over the program.... ;D

[quote name="SgtRey" post="1293937" timestamp="1349624529"]
I have no kids at WB right now... have nephew that's a freshman at WB and son in middle school... to be honest, I'm not a big fan of what happened with all the quality coaches that were there.  There are still some good classes ahead for WB...but not showing good signs that the hiring of this new staff was an improvement over the one that left...Could I do a better job? ABSO-FREAKIN -LUTELY..but I'm not qualified  :P

I do believe more support would have came from the fans had we hired from with in...JMO

It's difficult to support something you don't believe in...

I'll support my nephew, if he chooses to continue to play, and support my son when he gets there...and if he chooses to play.

Other than that....there  wasnt anything different going on now, that wasnt going on 3-4 yrs ago...accept, the shoe is on the other foot...

You couldn't pay anyone to talk smack from OZEN/CENTRAL/PAM 3-4 yrs ago...or they thought they could (then the Arse whipin would be unleashed by WB), but guys like scooter(and a few PAM fans), soulja(CEN), and maybe ozensfinest(Ozen)....for the rest of the new haters, the West will rise again...
[/quote]

;D haha, I love the last sentence.

Very few coaches have the ability to win right away. Even great coaches can struggle in their first year trying to get things the way they wanted. Nick Saban at Alabama and LSU struggled big time at both places the first year and then won national championships in both spots. Stump struggled in year one too, and then got it rolling. Give it a year or two and the brook will be getting into the playoffs.

[quote name="HIGHpoint96" post="1315950" timestamp="1351779130"]
Very few coaches have the ability to win right away. Even great coaches can struggle in their first year trying to get things the way they wanted. Nick Saban at Alabama and LSU struggled big time at both places the first year and then won national championships in both spots. Stump struggled in year one too, and then got it rolling. Give it a year or two and the brook will be getting into the playoffs.
[/quote]

All joking aside your right on that and all the smack talk about the Brook winning against PAM was just that smack talk, next year will be an up year for the Bruins they are returning alot of players. As for the coaching aspect we have no idea what this coach is accomlishing this year???? And its does take a year to get the systems in place but hopefully it shows through for Seniors next year!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder