DCTF Friday Football Live Tour: Week 6- Brenham @ Montgomery... Predictions?

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1295482" timestamp="1349799120"]
[quote author=texasaggie link=topic=104229.msg1295363#msg1295363 date=1349792197]
BUMP BECAUSE IT'S FREAKING TUESDAY AND IT'S FREAKIN MONTGOMERY-BRENHAM WEEK!!!!!!  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(
[/quote]

One of the best times of the year!
[/quote]

IT'S TIME TO BRING THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good BF. I would have to agree with you on the margin of victory but I think your reason for picking Brenham to win is the reason why they might not. They thumped a Waller team y'all had trouble with and turned the ball over 4 times. When you dominate a team like that and still make mistakes your can correct and combine that with the added motivation of playing Brenham at home you get a very hungry team. The running game and weapons Montgomery is bringing to the game this year is scary to say the least and unlike any Brenham has faced this year. I think Brenham is probably gonna come into the game with the mindset that its Montgomery and history is on their side and if indeed that is the case they may be in for a very rude wake up.

I see Brenham coming into its own this week. Its just that time and this young team finally get it. I see the D take control early and the O wearing them down by the half.
Brenham      28
Montgomery 10

Dang, I was off a bit... need to rework my math and see what I missed.
Great Game....

[quote name="BearBacker15" post="1295683" timestamp="1349813252"]
Sounds good BF. I would have to agree with you on the margin of victory but I think your reason for picking Brenham to win is the reason why they might not. They thumped a Waller team y'all had trouble with and turned the ball over 4 times. When you dominate a team like that and still make mistakes your can correct and combine that with the added motivation of playing Brenham at home you get a very hungry team. The running game and weapons Montgomery is bringing to the game this year is scary to say the least and unlike any Brenham has faced this year. I think Brenham is probably gonna come into the game with the mindset that its Montgomery and history is on their side and if indeed that is the case they may be in for a very rude wake up.
[/quote]

We didn't really struggle with Waller.  We won by 10 and it could have been more, but we took a knee instead.  Now y'all did come close to losing to a very mediocre MW team.  The same team we beat 29-7, and held to 33 yards.

When comparing Brenham and Montgomery, I usually leave out West and Waller because West always plays Montgomery tough as Waller does with Brenham. As for the 28-10 prediction, I don't see a lead that big especially considering the last 5 years were decided by 7 or less. One wild card however, is that Brenham is usually Montgomery's toughest game all year. This year it's their 3rd toughest game. The fact that the Bears have seen this level of competition before might be an advantage this year.

Wednesday Tidbit!!
So far Montgomery has been slow starters generally but usually get going by 2nd or 3rd quarter. If it is a close game at the half, I think Montgomery wins. If Brenham gets ahead quick, it might be hard to come from a ways behind. I think the Bears defense will be in rhythm in the second half. I see Brenham scoring the majority of their points early, but wouldn't be surprised it they score 7 or less in the whole second half. I see the exact opposite for Motgomery. The Bear run game eventually wears down the opponent and that opens up one on one situations for Bell, Howard, and Phillips. It takes a little bit for the offense to get going, but is hard to stop when it's rolling.

[quote name="1KatKiller" post="1296284" timestamp="1349888025"]
I think Montgomery will be in regardless.
[/quote]

I'm, sure they will be.  I was just trying to see who, if anybody has clinched a spot.

You saw Brenham last week, and maybe you're opinion won't be biased like mine.  What do you think about the upcoming Brenham vs Montgomery game?

[quote name="texasaggie" post="1296294" timestamp="1349888584"]
Wednesday Tidbit!!
So far Montgomery has been slow starters generally but usually get going by 2nd or 3rd quarter. If it is a close game at the half, I think Montgomery wins. If Brenham gets ahead quick, it might be hard to come from a ways behind. I think the Bears defense will be in rhythm in the second half. I see Brenham scoring the majority of their points early, but wouldn't be surprised it they score 7 or less in the whole second half. I see the exact opposite for Motgomery. The Bear run game eventually wears down the opponent and that opens up one on one situations for Bell, Howard, and Phillips. It takes a little bit for the offense to get going, but is hard to stop when it's rolling.
[/quote]

Bell vs Johnson will be a good battle to watch Friday.

[quote name="texasaggie" post="1296329" timestamp="1349890392"]
Is Johnson lining up at CB or S? I've heard both.
[/quote]

I'm guessing both, but probably more CB.  (That's what he's being recruited as.)  He will get a good portion of the carries at HB too.  In addition to all of that, he'll also be returning kickoffs and punts. 

Whatever the reason, West vs Montgomery and Waller vs Brenham were rival games, and sure yall could've beat them by more and we routed them at home, just like we could've beat Mag West by more and y'all beat them by 22, you were there and you know we had a couple td's called back it was just a bad game for Montgomery every team plays at least one off game per year.

I'd have to agree with aggie, sometimes it takes a second to get the offense going but when they get goin it's very very hard to even slow it down much less stop it. They can and will run through and around you and if ANY of the backs get daylight I have serious doubts that they will be chased down by anyone. The passing game isn't prolific yet but it is good in a sneaky way. We have playmakers in every reciever spot and like the backfield they can run too. This game should decide the district crown and whoever wins will have a playoff spot locked up reguardless. I believe in our district you have to win at least 3 to 4 games.

If Johnson plays mainly CB, I expect Ken'Dre Howard to have quite an impact. If Johnson has to play safety, Bell will get some one on one matchup problems that can be taken advantage of. Also if Brenham sells out for the run, TE Christian Kindred could make some big plays out of pro set. He had 2 TDs against Huntsville because they overloaded the box.

I'll just say this, Brenham has some fun surprises in store for this game. I watched practice film tonight and the defense is going to look very different. My brother said the team is pumped, but they are looking at this as just another game. They understand the rivalry, but they aren't the team who is winless in this match-up, which makes it seem smaller to them. Both of these teams stand alone at the top of this district, and we will find out Friday who's the best. I predict Brenham-31 Montgomery- 24

Im sure Montgomery has a bag of tricks for this game too. Always do. I remember a couple years ago when both teams traded onside kicks. Seems like both like to add a couple extra wrinkles for the game. I can tell you from experience that this week has been hell on earth for the Montgomery players. Coaches are on a whole other level of intensity. Starters get almost all the reps and weight room is the hardest it is all year. I thought the coaches were trying to kill us all week just to be sure we could survive the game. 2adays were a cakewalk compared to Brenham week.

This is a tough one to predict.  I am confident in the fact that the Brenham defense will keep the Cubs in the game.  I am more concerned about the offenses ability to move the ball consistently, not turn the ball over, and not commit drive-ending penalties.  THAT is what I see this game coming down to.....turnovers!  I feel like this very young Brenham team is coming along just fine.  I think that Brenham WILL control those turnovers and will win 24-17.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder