HERE IT IS...... EC @ NEWTON

GATA

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newton will have to play a level higher than they have been playing to win this game.I just don't know if the coaches can get through to the kids that rankings doesn't give you free pass or overs. in golf a mullet or whatever. East chambers is the district champion and Newton will fight it out for a play-off spot if they don't play at a higher level. East chambers 35-21. I hope Newton will prove me wrong.jmo

[quote name="jimmyw" post="1292799" timestamp="1349532299"]
Newton will have to play a level higher than they have been playing to win this game.I just don't know if the coaches can get through to the kids that rankings doesn't give you free pass or overs. in golf a mullet or whatever. East chambers is the district champion and Newton will fight it out for a play-off spot if they don't play at a higher level. East chambers 35-21. I hope Newton will prove me wrong.jmo
[/quote]
Great insight. They've had a bye week, played Warren then Kirbyville. No reason to have a let down or as you say look at the rankings. If winning by wide margins is a let down, I hope we have let downs the rest of the year and the coaching staff continues to bumble their way through.

EC had a couple of players back this week and looked better. I saw two or three more on the sideline's that we need to come back for this game. My point is that the team is coming together and Thank God I think we are getting over the injury bug. Its always a good game and good fans. Newton is a very respectable team but I'm going with [b]EC[/b] on this one bye a touchdown.

I'm a little surprised that so many are giving EC the edge. I think EC has had their letdown game this year.  I think Newton maybe due for one.  This game has playoff atmosphere all over it. Newton has to play well to get the monkey off their back in this district not having a district title yet. Pressure is all on Newton playing at home needing to fill expectations.  They certainly have the talent but I think the poor tackling shows back up and costs them this game by two TD's.  JMO.

Question for EC is can they pass the ball with consistency because Newton will be quick to the QB. 

35-21 EC

[quote name="jimmyw" post="1294362" timestamp="1349663064"]
E C never beat Curtis Barbay, They have beaten Newton the past two years but not Curtis Barbay.
[/quote]They may have never beat Curtis but the last two years they beat Anahuac and Newton that runs what i call the Barbay Offense .

The crow cafe will be busy saturday morning.......LOL.  People forget Newton has been waitin for the Bucs for this game.  I dont see EC winning.....Newton is way better than they were last year and the year before.  My pick is Newton 42 EC 34.  Newton has something to prove and they are hungry!!!!!!

[quote name="wildcats35" post="1294374" timestamp="1349663799"]
The crow cafe will be busy saturday morning.......LOL.  People forget Newton has been waitin for the Bucs for this game.  I dont see EC winning.....Newton is way better than they were last year and the year before.  My pick is Newton 42 EC 34.  Newton has something to prove and they are hungry!!!!!!
[/quote]

+1

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1292915" timestamp="1349540950"]
I am sticking to my guns. I picked EC to win district and it starts with this game

East Chambers  27
Newton            24
[/quote]

and Im sticking to my guns!  Newton wins this easily and finds out the past two years have been gimme's.  EC finds out about true pineywood football friday night!  Newton 38 EC 20

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1294512" timestamp="1349701174"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=104226.msg1292915#msg1292915 date=1349540950]
I am sticking to my guns. I picked EC to win district and it starts with this game

East Chambers  27
Newton            24
[/quote]

and Im sticking to my guns!  Newton wins this easily and finds out the past two years have been gimme's.  EC finds out about true pineywood football friday night!  Newton 38 EC 20
[/quote]Easily ? Really ?  C'mon man !!!! You don't believe that yourself. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298