who wins?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. who wins?

• Vidor
    • Ozen

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="409Fan" post="1289465" timestamp="1349267212"]
[quote author=kING TUT link=topic=103892.msg1289000#msg1289000 date=1349205067]
I was wondering how long it was gonna be before someone said [b]Ozen [/b] [b]had no discipline[/b]. I wish 409 fan(panther hater) could give us 10 more reasons why the speedy undisciplined panthers will loose to vidor
[/quote]
And just when you thought you put me away.......I'm back! Sorry for the wait guys but I have to take care of what pays the bills and also who helps pay them. Secondly, I wish I could give you the top 10 reasons why Ozen beat Central in the first place but that's not the title of the post so I will give you MY TOP TEN REASONS WHY THE PANTHERS WILL LOSE HOMECOMING COME FRIDAY NIGHT:
1. Now I said it last week and maybe I lied, but this week the coaching staff I know is not better than Vidor's
2. Jordan Ozen could only muster up about 10 receptions for 150 yards last week against bad Central defense, not to mention the 3 yarder that Jones turned into 70 yards
3. Vidor is too strong
4. Vidor plays too tough and low
5. Jakobi Jones is still kind of overrated because he can only juke against teams who are not as fast AND DISCIPLINED as him. I wonder if he does the same in practice
6. They don't have that tough Nederland defense to cause havoc and pressure the QB and offense
7. They don't fare well against 3-3-stack teams or teams that play it. Don't believe me then look at Stephensville and Memorial film I know they remember those games and the lopsided scores
8. I can't remember the last time they won homecoming game. Try beating up on a team like Lumberton next year if you wanna win will ya
9. Their linemen are still very unexperienced and only played decent because they played against a team also with a very unexperienced line. But the big difference is next year Central will have most of those boys back I heard while Ozen will ONCE AGAIN LOSE THEIR GUYS IN THE TRENCH
10. Returning starter and Willie Ray Smith nominee Montana Quirante (had to google it to spell it right). Now there's a reason why he plays QB and starts on defense at MLB the most important position on defense
My pick is Vidor to win this one 28-14. I do think they will take their foot off the gas at the end and burn a lot of time with their offense since they are good friends with the Ozen kids after GETTING THEM IN THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR BY BEATING LIVINGSTON FOR THEM.
[/quote]

Wow!! You have issues!! ::)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

409 Fan I love your post and I hope the ozen players do as well keep throwing fuel on their fire. As far as jakobi every team in the district has a game plan to stop him(a kid that draws that much attention is dangerous)...but if you watched your jags the other night you will realize that they tried to key in on him also but he still rushed for over 100 yrds and set up alot of tds but they paid so much attention to jones that they forgot about lil 34 and the other guys who scored what the 7 touchdowns. Stoppin Jones is a heck of a task but if team do find a way their plate is still full with the rest of the guys. Trey green or not this panther team is loaded and Im sure nelson will have them ready as every to play. Ozen nation welcomes your Hate! I hope lumberton beats the brakes off of yall!

[quote name="kING TUT" post="1289683" timestamp="1349282284"]
409 Fan I love your post and I hope the ozen players do as well keep throwing fuel on their fire. As far as jakobi every team in the district has a game plan to stop him(a kid that draws that much attention is dangerous)...but if you watched your jags the other night you will realize that they tried to key in on him also but he still rushed for over 100 yrds and set up alot of tds but they paid so much attention to jones that they forgot about lil 34 and the other guys who scored what the 7 touchdowns. Stoppin Jones is a heck of a task but if team do find a way their plate is still full with the rest of the guys. Trey green or not this panther team is loaded and Im sure nelson will have them ready as every to play. Ozen nation welcomes your Hate! [b]I hope lumberton beats the brakes off of yall![/b][/quote]
kING TUT, I share some of your sentiments on this. For a split second, he ruffled my feather and I wanted the same thing as far as Lumberton and Central BUT I wouldn't wish that on any of the kids especially the ones I've been knowing since 2nd and 3rd grade. It's been expressed far more than I can count what needs to happen at Central but I hope not at the expense of the kids. Quite honestly I wouldn't even say that 409 is a fan of Central, he is just a fan of every team that plays Ozen. So with that being sad and being so far off topic I've given 409 too much of my time "Good luck".

First of all, I am a fan of the 409 and from and currently live in the area so I can make any opinions or statements regarding any team as I see fit. So yes I will just do my hating so please let me do it. Good thing you are overprotective of your child. Some kids need that nowadays. But when it comes to football I am the champ so here are your ten reasons why Central lost to Ozen:
1. They did not gameplan good enough to stop Jakobi Jones nor any type of run game. Even though he did not score, he set up just about half of them if not all.
2. The coaches did not coach better than the Ozen ones.
3. Coach Blake is not coaching this year.
4. Coach Ardoine is gone.
5. My buddy Kervis Fontenot is not there to pump up and toughen up the D anymore.
6. Of course Coach Bowser would have made some imporvement.
7. The Central line is young. But they should be good next year I'm predicting.
8. The kids gave up after they were down in a game they could have easily came back in. I have coached teams after they were down by 24 before to win a game.
9. The pass defense wasn't exposed as much as they should have. #20 gave up two big passes in the game and the game plan should have included throwing it downfield a little bit more then once they backed up some, take your short routs. I think Ozen's offense and defense play off one another's tempo so ruin one's tempo and you have a shot to do some serious damage to the scoreboard.
10. Mrs. Lambert is not there anymore to hold meetings and get after them after their losses. "Come on guys. What's going on out there? You playing like a girl or something?" (quote off my favorite recent movie)
Central played bad and that's all. This time my prediction was incorrect as they may be again. They have more weapons than they showed. The QB is a great player and so are some on Ozen's side but they showcased theirs more than Central should have. Sorry your son/daughter who plays for Ozen or yourself may feel sad about educated guesses. But we did learn one thing, Tony Brown Jr. sure can dance. He was dancing on the field during the blowout in about the 3rd quarter for some of the fans who may have left early or weren't looking. I hope that isn't what they are coaching up at Ozen. It should have been flagged. And sorry if someone feels like I'm downing another player, that was just a fact of the game. Well get em next year Jags I hope. Good luck Ozen against Vidor cuz they are the better team in this matchup. Now back to work guys......and women.

I have no doubt that Matthews and the Pirates will bing their A game and be well prepared for the game.  However, I do think Ozen wins this one.  If speed alone was the deciding factor Ozen would be in contention each year.  It is no secret that Ozen's team end to end is loaded with speed, but speed alone won't win it.  The Panthers must minimize their mistakes and execute well to beat a well coached Vidor team.  That said, I think that the Panthers' speed is a bonus but gameplan and execution will win this one for the "Cats"

Growl Growl!

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1290476" timestamp="1349380895"]
Word just got in. Justin Moore [b]Will[/b], i repeat [size=12pt][b]WILL[/b][/size], be playing tomorrow night against Ozen.  8)
[/quote]

That's great news!!!  I am glad he's not until the Central game as that was the original plan!!!!  ;D

This is going to be a great game between two teams with nothing but class act respect for each other. Vidor will be coming in with alot of urgency. Vidor has to control the clock much better than last week and I believe Nederland had more time of possession than the Pirates last week and that's what one of the reason Vidor was under so much pressure with the offense that is known to control the clock. So I see Mathews will make sure to keep Ozens O and Jakobi off the field as much as possible with the Panthers speed and quick striking scoring. So with that being said and if Vidor can utilize the pass when needed and controlling the T.O.P. my prediction will be..

VIDOR 28
OZEN. 20

[quote name="Junior52" post="1290609" timestamp="1349390349"]
Moore will be back. Today was his first day back and he remembered all the plays. [b]He might not be starting the night but i do think he will end up starting by the end of the game[/b]
[/quote]

haha... ok....  :o ;)

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1291053" timestamp="1349445622"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=103892.msg1290476#msg1290476 date=1349380895]
Word just got in. Justin Moore [b]Will[/b], i repeat [size=12pt][b]WILL[/b][/size], be playing tomorrow night against Ozen.  8)
[/quote]

Haha I was waiting for this after the loss to Nederland. Good lesson to be teaching over there. We are going to suspend you for three weeks, oh wait we are 0-1 in district, you've been a good boy, play ball. I'm not surprised, just a little disappointed. Pulling for Ozen now... Go get em Panthers..
[/quote]
for what it's worth at this point, the discision had nothing to do with football. it was stated at the beginning he could possible be eligible after a week and a half. all he had to do was the right thing and stay in line. apparently he did. this doesn't neccessarily mean he will see alot of playing time tonight either. i too am a firm believer in discipline, but i also consider the fact this a senoir in highschool and not a hardened criminal. if he never gets in trouble for something like this again, then the lesson was learned and the punishment was just and effective.

that said, good luck to all teams tonight and everyone travel safe. fyi: they will be working on the nechers river bridge tonight starting at 8 p.m.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder