Bridge City at Buna Game Thread/BC wins 28-24!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1288301" timestamp="1349131941"]
I know these coaching are getting paid but coaching is not as easy as it looks. Lots of coaches from the stands. To be honest, the offense Buna runs gives them the best chance to win just like Orangefield. Simply because they do not have the numbers or the skill people to pass more than run. JMO of course!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I think both schools should pass more. They both need balance but the wing-T is a very deceptive offense. But again the problem is fundamentals is not being taught anymore in high school sports at all levels. ;)
[/quote]

I kind of agree..very little fundamental coaching occurs in High school ranks, hardly any in Junior high levels. It seems you just throw a kid out there and tell him what to do but explaining why or how to do it kinda gets lost sometimes. Now a days your expected to have been taught in peewee leagues it seems. The better programs are the ones WHO DO teach the fundamentals.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1288330" timestamp="1349134431"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=103837.msg1288301#msg1288301 date=1349131941]
I know these coaching are getting paid but coaching is not as easy as it looks. Lots of coaches from the stands. To be honest, the offense Buna runs gives them the best chance to win just like Orangefield. Simply because they do not have the numbers or the skill people to pass more than run. JMO of course!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I think both schools should pass more. They both need balance but the wing-T is a very deceptive offense. But again the problem is fundamentals is not being taught anymore in high school sports at all levels. ;)
[/quote]

I kind of agree..very little fundamental coaching occurs in High school ranks, hardly any in Junior high levels. It seems you just throw a kid out there and tell him what to do but explaining why or how to do it kinda gets lost sometimes. Now a days your expected to have been taught in peewee leagues it seems. The better programs are the ones WHO DO teach the fundamentals.
[/quote]

You are correct, good post. the problem is it is not being taught in the youth leagues either. They are concerned about running plays and making their kid look good. I watched a youth game the other day and just about every play was based around one kid. There are 11 on the field the last time I counted on offense. Times have changed!!!!!

Guest Pay the piper
Coaching is only part of the issue in Buna. The other half is kids not sucking it up and busting their butts during workouts. Buna has no summer program except for the one the kids have to pay to go to put on by someone who owns a gym. No coaches at the school all summer except the AD doing maint. And taking care of business.

Does the offseason program not go back to lack of coaching?  At thejv games you have 1 coach coaching 1 coach trying to coach abd 2 coaches standing off by themselves laughing and playing.. Those 2 coaches do the same thing Friday night.  Also to be fair Ty Tamplin is doing a good job as a sophomore starter on the defensive line.

[quote name="Pay the piper" post="1288366" timestamp="1349136369"]
Coaching is only part of the issue in Buna. The other half is kids not sucking it up and busting their butts during workouts. Buna has no summer program except for the one the kids have to pay to go to put on by someone who owns a gym. No coaches at the school all summer except the AD doing maint. And taking care of business.
[/quote]

There you go, you are correct. The blame should not be all on the coaches.

Guest Pay the piper
It's not all coaching but they don't set the right attitude for the boys. One young coach gets fired up the others are either old or just young and don't know anything. Practices are a joke. Buna needs a new motivated attitude.

[quote name="Pay the piper" post="1288388" timestamp="1349137788"]
It's not all coaching but they don't set the right attitude for the boys. One young coach gets fired up the others are either old or just young and don't know anything. Practices are a joke. Buna needs a new motivated attitude.
[/quote]

Don't know the situation but I would guess that the kids don't have the right attitude either. It goes both ways and the parents are to blame in my opinion. They think their kids are better than they are. Seen it many times, sorry.

"Buna (2-3, 0-1) led 24-6 at halftime behind a strong rushing attack led by running back Matthew Biddle. He rushed for more than 150 yards and scored two touchdowns in the first half."
quote from beaumont enterprise.  Kid seem to be having a heck of the first half but barely got the ball the second half didn't really get that one.. :o

Guest Pay the piper
[quote name="cantankerous" post="1288254" timestamp="1349126949"]
Some of the sophomores shouldn't be either.
[/quote]

So what sophomores do you think shouldn't be on varsity? I want to see if we are on the same page.

Guest Pay the piper
Yea Tamplin is pulling his weight. 34 is Edwards I'm pretty sure he is the biggest kid out there and plays TE and hasn't caught a pass all year. Don't know about 58. 8 looks small and 15 just isn't fast enough to be put on an island. So you think some of the parents have some stroke where the kids play?

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Pay the piper" post="1288794" timestamp="1349191973"]
Yea Tamplin is pulling his weight. 34 is Edwards I'm pretty sure he is the biggest kid out there and plays TE and hasn't caught a pass all year. Don't know about 58. 8 looks small and 15 just isn't fast enough to be put on an island. So you think some of the parents have some stroke where the kids play?
[/quote]

Uh Oh!! I can see where this thread is going to take an ugly turn ::)