Display of Sportsmanship

ftbl4life

The Vidor High students came to school today to what I would call a  display of  BAD sportsmanship. I hope whoever did this realizes that vandalism of school property & calling others trash does not neccessarily validate their claim of being "classier" than the Vidorians. I hope the boys on the field tonight display good sportsmanship and rise above all of the drama.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1283998" timestamp="1348839261"]
my sons girlfriend just text my a picture of a sign that was staged at the highschool. i'm trying to get it uploaded so i can post it on here. 

and they want to call us classless. smh. lot of class shown with this little stun nederland. a lot of class >:(
[/quote]
It's sad. I tried to upload a pic but it wouldn't let me. I pray for an injury free game on and off the field.

I get that trash talk is a part of football, always has been. But the pictures displayed take it to an all new level of shame. As far as for the post mentioned about Vidor doing to get hyped up, you don't know Jeff. If those boys ever did something like that Jeff would be furious! The punishment from him as a coach wouldn't be worth the risk. Sad, sad, sad. Also, by no means am I saying our boys are perfect...

[quote name="rgreene48" post="1284033" timestamp="1348841513"]
There are also reports of spary paint on the grass and field, trashing of some classrooms, and several signs posted throughout the school.
[/quote]
First of all if it was Nederland folks who did it, I can guarantee it wasn't football players! Last thing they want to do is insight the Vidor team...Think Fast Times At Ridgemont High!!!
Second of all...How would kids from Nederland get into Vidor HS at night??

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1284025" timestamp="1348840624"]
I get that trash talk is a part of football, always has been. But the pictures displayed take it to an all new level of shame. [b]As far as for the post mentioned about Vidor doing to get hyped up, you don't know Jeff. If those boys ever did something like that Jeff would be furious! The punishment from him as a coach wouldn't be worth the risk.[/b] Sad, sad, sad. Also, by no means am I saying our boys are perfect...
[/quote]

I always love this response. It implies that any other coach would possibly support his players negative actions on or off the field no matter what they do.

You would be better served by saying the "parents" of the students/players involved do not support this type of activity. Because no matter what punishment a coach or school may impose, the parents have to support that decision. You would be shocked to know how often a coach/school is NOT supported in their efforts in imposing punishment.

[quote name="badndn" post="1284051" timestamp="1348842176"]
[quote author=rgreene48 link=topic=103797.msg1284033#msg1284033 date=1348841513]
There are also reports of spary paint on the grass and field, trashing of some classrooms, and several signs posted throughout the school.
[/quote]
First of all if it was Nederland folks who did it, I can guarantee it wasn't football players! Last thing they want to do is insight the Vidor team...Think Fast Times At Ridgemont High!!!
Second of all...How would kids from Nederland get into Vidor HS at night??
[/quote]

Most of the high school is open except the building itself. However, this might not have even been the Ned players, it could have been some punk kid with nothing better to do. I hope they figure out who it was. My first post was a little out of anger seeing this first thing in the morning.

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1284070" timestamp="1348842867"]
Childish......stupid.....yes but at least, by the pictures, it was on the grass and a sheet. Should not have happened.

There used to be crazy things in Baytown back when REL and RSS were decent.

This could have been much worse
[/quote]

I'm with you here.... hopefully the trashing of classrooms part is false.

Let me say...NO ONE from Nederland did this....

It looks to me as if someone from Vidor did this just to up the rivarly and get their team up.

Reasons Nederland did NOT do this:

1)  No rivalry for us, sorry.
2)  We would not use spray paint and sheets.  We have print/sign shops and would use them. 
3)  Too little effort.  If we would drive that far to do ugly, we would do it BIG, sorry, Vidor.  Next time, you need to make more effort.
4)  We are the Undefeated Champs (last year).  We don't brag on what we DID, rather what we WILL do.  The only ones this bothers is the ones who lost to us, ummm, let me think....

Anyways,

Good try, maybe next time someone will do better or worse.....

*****NOTE :  THis thread should be pulled......I don't believe FALSEY accusing anyone would hold up anywhere......looks more like slander of outright slander of Nederland.********************

GO DOGS

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1284107" timestamp="1348844339"]
Let me say...NO ONE from Nederland did this....

[b]It looks to me as if someone from Vidor did this[/b] just to up the rivarly and get their team up.

Reasons Nederland did NOT do this:

1)  No rivalry for us, sorry.
2)  We would not use spray paint and sheets.  We have print/sign shops and would use them. 
3)  Too little effort.  If we would drive that far to do ugly, we would do it BIG, sorry, Vidor.  Next time, you need to make more effort.
4)  We are the Undefeated Champs (last year).  We don't brag on what we DID, rather what we WILL do.  The only ones this bothers is the ones who lost to us, ummm, let me think....

Anyways,

Good try, maybe next time someone will do better or worse.....

*****NOTE :  THis thread should be pulled......I don't believe FALSEY accusing anyone would hold up anywhere......looks more like slander of outright slander of Nederland.********************

GO DOGS
[/quote]
But aren't you accusing too? You said Vidor did it and this an accusation.

I am surprised it hasn't been blamed on Smoking baby and BH