Angleton @ Alief Taylor

Wildcat979

[color=purple]Angleton is leading 7-0 at the half. Cats scored on a 37 yard touchdown pass. The defense has again started forcing turnovers early. They have forced 3 in the first half
Angleton is having a tough time getting things going offensively. Austin is only 3-8 in passing and West only has 30 yards on the ground on 8 Carries.

This Taylor team only gave up 133 yards of total offense to Katy in a losing effort a couple weeks ago. They are loaded with D1 talent on defense
[/color]

Yes, that flag was uncalled for, and That play should have been the end of the game. There was no interfering there, just excellent pass coverage by the cat's defender(s). AT should have lost that one 7 to 6. Or... 10 to 6, because there is NO excuse for the last Angleton FG attempt to be as short as it was.. >:(..should have been an easy 3. Not to mention the FG attempt that hit the upright earlier in the game. 'Cats really NEED to work on their kicking. Also, what was up with all the unneccesary roughness towards our players that were being ignored by the refs? They weren't throwing out any flags for those! I think they were paid extra to help out AT... ::)   

Sometimes in football you just don't get the calls that go your way. That happened against Alief Taylor. Angleton had a couple of good drives that stalled when they got close to the red zone as did Alief Taylor. Defense for Taylor was outstanding. I see why they limited the Katy offense to 130 yards total and 230 yards to Hightower. I didn't think I would see a better defense this year after Nederland's, but Taylor's was better. Big and very fast, all 11 players. We had our chances though. Angleton's defense was also outstanding. Taylor's big back, who is a TCU signee, was very tough and did get about 220 yards, but that's all Taylor had. He was the main guy on that game winning drive. Oh well.

Sucks we have to wait 2 weeks to redeem ourselves, but maybe this is the perfect time to regroup for the start of the real important games in district, starting with Lamar Cons.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1281138" timestamp="1348527767"]
I have to ask. You say that you thought angleton would not see a better defense than nederlands. Yall scored 39pts on them right.
[/quote]
The ned offense can be blamed for a lot of that. 4 turnovers in the first quarter and 5 total. Defense was out on the field a lot, especially early!

• 3 weeks later...
Hate to be the one to point it out, but our kicker missed TWO fgs that left 6 points on the table in that game against Taylor (one of which there was no good reason for missing bc it was only ~ 25 yds or so, and FELL TOO SHORT???). Even one of those fgs being good would have sealed the win for the cats in that game. Not sure what the problem is but the coach definitely needs to address this issue asap because it wasn't reflected in the final score against Lamar Cons last friday, but that same kicker missed 2 points after, AND one fg (that I remember) during THAT game also. ???  what's the deal?

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1296853" timestamp="1349965115"]
Hate to be the one to point it out, but our kicker missed TWO fgs that left 6 points on the table in that game against Taylor (one of which there was no good reason for missing bc it was only ~ 25 yds or so, and FELL TOO SHORT???). Even one of those fgs being good would have sealed the win for the cats in that game. Not sure what the problem is but the coach definitely needs to address this issue asap because it wasn't reflected in the final score against Lamar Cons last friday, but that same kicker missed 2 points after, AND one fg (that I remember) during THAT game also. ???  what's the deal?
[/quote]
sometimes kickers have bad games like everyone else, our kicker missed a chip shot fg and extra point in the Ned game(a game like yours where every point counts). but bounced back the following week with dang near perfection hitting fg's from 30 and 36 and all extra points and definately played a key roll in our win. but it sounds like in ya'lls case, you may to explore other options for a kicker. idk, ya'll have a great coach, so i'm sure he'll get it taken care of.

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1296957" timestamp="1349971589"]
Yeah, I'm very sure that by now Coach Roark has made a serious effort to correct this problem, especially after last friday. Guess we'll see tomorrow night for sure @ George Ranch Longhorns in Rosenberg  ;D... BTW, how those Pirates lookin' so far this year? Good I hope?
[/quote]
imo, better than last year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ProfessorMandela12
    Newest Member
    ProfessorMandela12