LIVINGSTON AT SILSBEE BROADCAST/SILSBEE WINS 43-32!!

WOSgrad

This was a really good game.  Points of impress...

Silsbee's offensive playbook is great.  They have the reverses...  They have the long go routs...  They have the hook routs...  They have slants...  and they have post and seam routs.  Most importantly, Silsbee has recurves that catch and big time playmates like Elam.  This  kid was beating all night.  Also,  props  to the Silsbee staff for going back to the same play to Spearman (the TD pass that he dropped earlier) for Paydirt later in the game.  Silsbee is really good for a 3a team.

Livingston is good and wouldn't go away.  Collins was good and it showed.  This kid had great moments when Livingston went into a shot gun spread offense and C. Collins started showcasing that arm.  He's dead accurate.  This is what I wasn't expecting to see (obviously,  Silsbee wasn't either).  But, he eventually didn't loom so comfortable and threw some ints.  Moral of the story, Lions, passing isn't your identity.  Go with what works.  Silsbee Couldn't consistently stop the power running game and eventually, once Silsbee made pass defensive adjustments, the passing game was done. 

Good game, nonetheless.  Worth the price of admission.  Shout out to Biaplayer as be was in attendance.  Big shout out to Mark Henry as he was in the house.

Cool  moment - Silsbee's stadium is VERY nice!
Uncool moment - Mark Henry was  being honored on the loud speaker close to the end of halftime and the Livingston. Players burst out of their tunnel.  Their fans  started screaming and the band started playing.  Even that annoying train horn started blowing... All this going on while the man was being honored.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ST413" post="1278904" timestamp="1348319709"]
That was a very rude moment indeed but it actually was during Curtis Buckley's moment of honor, which was before Mark's.
[/quote]I agree, I was shocked and I for one would like to apologize to the people of Silsbee, I told my wife how disrespectful it was. I don't know who gave the order but they need to write an apology. 

[quote name="biaplayer" post="1278867" timestamp="1348313540"]
Great game enjoyed it. Sat by an older gentleman, got a kick out of him. He evidently knew the whole town of silsbee lol. [b]The Elam kid looked sharp, was he hurt when they playede png?  I don't remember him. [/b]
[/quote]

This was Chris Elam's first game of the season. Missed the first three games.

What a first game of the year for Chris!! First two times the young man touches the ball he goes 95 yards for a TD on kick off return and then 65 yards for TD on punt return! He also had an interception on the defensive side of the ball.

As I said earlier, welcome back Chris!!

[quote name="Trocket" post="1278916" timestamp="1348321801"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=103457.msg1278904#msg1278904 date=1348319709]
That was a very rude moment indeed but it actually was during Curtis Buckley's moment of honor, which was before Mark's.
[/quote]I agree, I was shocked and I for one would like to apologize to the people of Silsbee, I told my wife how disrespectful it was. I don't know who gave the order but they need to write an apology.
[/quote] It wasn't that serious.  Not many people really said anything about it on the Silsbee side, but it was something I noticed...I'm sure the Livingston  kids weren't at fault.  But an apology would probably go a long ways.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1278957" timestamp="1348326557"]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=103457.msg1278867#msg1278867 date=1348313540]
Great game enjoyed it. Sat by an older gentleman, got a kick out of him. He evidently knew the whole town of silsbee lol. [b]The Elam kid looked sharp, was he hurt when they playede png?  I don't remember him. [/b]
[/quote]

This was Chris Elam's first game of the season. Missed the first three games.

What a first game of the year for Chris!! First two times the young man touches the ball he goes 95 yards for a TD on kick off return and then 65 yards for TD on punt return! He also had an interception on the defensive side of the ball.

As I said earlier, welcome back Chris!!
[/quote]...And that deep slant catch.  He's just an all around gamer.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1278959" timestamp="1348326640"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=103457.msg1278916#msg1278916 date=1348321801]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=103457.msg1278904#msg1278904 date=1348319709]
[/quote] It wasn't that serious.  Not many people really said anything about it on the Silsbee side, but it was something I noticed...I'm sure the Livingston  kids weren't at fault.  But an apology would probably go a long ways.
[/quote]Yea, a lot of the fans didn't realize what was going on, but I knew because of being on SETX, yet if it happened to us we wouldn't like it either. That's what happens when one person not paying attention make the whole town look bad, but it not who we are.

The Livingston coaches in the press box were very apologetic. I believe one of them radioed down to the sideline to get the kids under control before the next presentation for Mark Henry got started.

I honestly think the players had no idea what was going on BUT the coaches were told about it beforehand and should have kept it from happening. Just a very unfortunate thing to happen.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1278986" timestamp="1348329192"]
The Livingston coaches in the press box were very apologetic. I believe one of them radioed down to the sideline to get the kids under control before the next presentation for Mark Henry got started.

I honestly think the players had no idea what was going on BUT the coaches were told about it beforehand and should have kept it from happening. Just a very unfortunate thing to happen.
[/quote]You are right shouldn't have happen, but I noticed that Livingston fans were very excited about Mark Henry after they realize what was going on. Congrads to Sislbee and hope to see them in the playoffs.

Yes,  I dont think it was on purpose. I think they were all pumped up and not paying attension. and as soon as they figured it out what was going on.  They did shut it down to a dead silence.
But. that was a great game. The First thing my son said when he came up to me after the game was. Man those guys are good. And I aggree Great game Livingston.

[quote name="CATS80" post="1279003" timestamp="1348330219"]
Yes,  I dont think it was on purpose. I think they were all pumped up and not paying attension. and as soon as they figured it out what was going on.  They did shut it down to a dead silence.
But. that was a great game. The First thing my son said when he came up to me after the game was. Man those guys are good. And I aggree Great game Livingston.
[/quote]Thanks for the compliment but I think we are in trouble when you have 2 weeks off to fix your special teams and you take 2 steps backward. I personally think it's gonna be a long season for us, but I'll support them all the way.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1279015" timestamp="1348330786"]
I saw Spearman come out for a good part of the game.  Is he ok?  It seems he's a major part of that Tiger offense...
[/quote]

Spearman still not quite 100%, nursing slight sprain. He actually had his best game last night. I expect him to improve each week leading up to playoffs and I think his numbers will eventually prove it.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1279084" timestamp="1348334294"]
I expect Silsbee to only get better! Great game on all sides of the ball. My one question is why doesnt Silsbee take a snap from under center when at the one yard line?
[/quote] Well, they ran the wildcat when they got close.  It took several tries, but they punched it in.  That won't work vs. WO-S.  They will need a power run package from under center...

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1279093" timestamp="1348334602"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=103457.msg1279015#msg1279015 date=1348330786]
I saw Spearman come out for a good part of the game.  Is he ok?  It seems he's a major part of that Tiger offense...
[/quote]

Spearman still not quite 100%, nursing slight sprain. He actually had his best game last night. I expect him to improve each week leading up to playoffs and I think his numbers will eventually prove it.
[/quote] 8)

Silsbee will be fine vs WOS. Silsbee does need to make sure they keep improving on defense. The Dline seems to be getting better a the game goes on. I think Silsbee may have the best crop of WR in the Golden Triangle. Holmes, Garcia, Elam, and Jackson can really get after. Spearman out the back field is also a threat. I think this could be a very good district race for 1st and 2nd place.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1279186" timestamp="1348342806"]
Thru the first 4 games, 10 different Tiger players have made at least one reception. That's what I call spreading it around in the passing game.

Also, 9 different Tigers have scored at least 1 touchdown so far thru 4 games.
[/quote]Thats lethal come playoff time, many weapons to choose from.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed