West Brook falls short against Houston Lamar

AggiesAreWe

The kids tried, I'll have to give them that. Lamar was a very beatable team......very beatable. Its disappointing that WB doesn't seem to be any closer to finding an offense, than they were 3 weeks ago. Our secondary is still very suspect, but we seem to stop the run fairly well. If we can find a way to put points on the board, we should be ok. But, our offensive line doesn't block well enough to allow plays to develop. This offense works off of the run game. If the line doesn't give our RB's the ability to run, the passing game cant develop. Chavez is a game WB should win. But we have to be able to score points to do that.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1273559" timestamp="1347803725"]
The kids tried, I'll have to give them that. Lamar was a very beatable team......very beatable. Its disappointing that WB doesn't seem to be any closer to finding an offense, than they were 3 weeks ago. Our secondary is still very suspect, [b]but we seem to stop the run fairly well[/b]. If we can find a way to put points on the board, we should be ok. But, our offensive line doesn't block well enough to allow plays to develop. This offense works off of the run game. If the line doesn't give our RB's the ability to run, the passing game cant develop. Chavez is a game WB should win. But we have to be able to score points to do that.
[/quote]

Not last night they didn't. ;)

Houston Lamar           Beaumont West Brook
Total yards                        529                             178
First downs                          25                               10
Rushes/Yds                     [b] 50/296[/b]                     [b]25/-20[/b]
Average rush                         5.92                             -0.8
Comp/Atts                               12/27/1                     12/33/3
Pass yards                                   233                               198
Comp pct                                 44.44                       36.36
Punts                                        2                               5
Punting Yards                         60                               204
Punting Average                           30                               40.8
Fumbles/Lost                         [b]6/4[/b]                               0/0
Penalties-yards                       [b]14-114 [/b]                              6-40

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1273646" timestamp="1347815850"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=103245.msg1273559#msg1273559 date=1347803725]
The kids tried, I'll have to give them that. Lamar was a very beatable team......very beatable. Its disappointing that WB doesn't seem to be any closer to finding an offense, than they were 3 weeks ago. Our secondary is still very suspect, [b]but we seem to stop the run fairly well[/b]. If we can find a way to put points on the board, we should be ok. But, our offensive line doesn't block well enough to allow plays to develop. This offense works off of the run game. If the line doesn't give our RB's the ability to run, the passing game cant develop. Chavez is a game WB should win. But we have to be able to score points to do that.
[/quote]

Not last night they didn't. ;)

Houston Lamar           Beaumont West Brook
Total yards                        529                             178
First downs                          25                               10
Rushes/Yds                     [b] 50/296[/b]                     [b]25/-20[/b]
Average rush                         5.92                             -0.8
Comp/Atts                               12/27/1                     12/33/3
Pass yards                                   233                               198
Comp pct                                 44.44                       36.36
Punts                                        2                               5
Punting Yards                         60                               204
Punting Average                           30                               40.8
Fumbles/Lost                         [b]6/4[/b]                               0/0
Penalties-yards                       [b]14-114 [/b]                              6-40
[/quote] any team that gives up over 500 yards of offense has MAJOR issues overall, not just the defense, that tells me WB has no offense whatsoever to keep the defense off the field. That doesnt bode well in 21-5A for WB.

WOW! I had no idea it was that bad! I knew we couldn't run the ball, but we also gave up 500+ yards of offense?! There is absolutely no excuse for that! Our defense was just plain worn out because the offense couldn't do squat, which just left our defense on the field too long! I'm willing to give Flanagan the benefit of the doubt, in that maybe the kids aren't catching on to his system. But, for him to supposedly be an offensive minded coach, the product he's putting on the field doesn't speak very well of him. Point being, we expect more from our WB teams. We expect to, at least, get out there and compete, week in and week out. Heck, we're not even competing, at this point. If something doesn't change, real soon, Flanagan is going to have a short tenure at WB. We want to win!!!

WB Defense held together well especially in the First half ....the offense stalled out second half and kept the Defense out on the field, Clack could not pull them out with 3 INT's, momentum plays a big part in these games. WB better fix there issues on Offense to have a chance at all for the playoffs. Give credit to Lamar who had a good D-Line - but that was a beatable team for the bruins, overall I think the Defense got better and the Offense is still trying to find itself! Next week they have Houston Chavez and it would be a good time for the offense to find some swager against a struggling team.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1274598" timestamp="1347917900"]
WB better thank their lucky stars that[b] Mercer (LM QB) [/b] isnt at his old school this year.  ;)
[/quote]
he has more talent at LM than he would have at Chavez...and they still lost to Coldspring...I would pick WB over Chavez WITH Mercer. Chavez has been outscored 172-28 in 3 games....WB BETTER NOT lose to them.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami