Stephenville vs. Ozen Game Thread/Stephenville wins 31-6!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="PearOrchardPanther01" post="1273709" timestamp="1347826440"]
Not much difference between 4A and 3A in my humble opinion, however the team I saw Ozen face in Dallas yesterday would beat or rival nearly ANY team from this area INCLUDING PAM!!!! They were HUGE :o across both lines and VERY well coached. No, they were not very fast at all and didn't have to be. They executed well and you could tell they were used to being in big playoff type games like this one. Ozen will be fine. They had some good moments against Stephenville, who in my opinion were not unbeatable. I just don't think we anticipated clearly the cost mentally and physically of playing such a strong opponent. The experience alone will help Ozen grow as the year goes on.

P.S.-  I'm sorry the above poster ::) ^^^ ::) is so elated about the bmt schools losing to 3A schools. I will say these aren't your average 3A schools though. Keep watching... ;)
[/quote]
True,very true respectful statement,

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="liltex" post="1273949" timestamp="1347850889"]
Said hang w/never said beat for whoever hit the - button ;D
[/quote] I dont think they could hang with WO-S or Coldspring. Navasota would probably mop the field with them. Watch what i say, when they go up against a team that can play a lick of D they will crumble.  :D

Stephenville is good but they're not the Stephenville of old.

Stephenville isn't unbeatable...just look at the first game.  That being said, they are gaining confidence and the younger kids are stepping up.  Who knows..we may stumble again before the regular season is over, but all you can do is watch film, learn from it, and get better. 

Of course this isn't the Sville of old...different style of play across the board for every team.  The old teams were huge and fast at almost every position and they literally beat people up.  Games would be close till about half way thru the 3rd quarter and then it was over. 

I hope we make it all the way and play a SE Texas team...I'm originally from SE Texas and think it would be a fantastic game and atmoshphere. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder