Carrol Thomas Applies For Lamar President's Job

BIGREDFAN2

Lamar took a major step backwards starting in the late 80's under the inept leadership of George McLaughlin and Billy Franklin.  It took Jimmy Simmons his whole tenure to restore and improve it's reputation of the and grow the University.  The next hire is absolutely crucial!!!  I am trusting the Texas State System Board (I have to, they will make the decision) to perform a national search and get the right person.  I do not believe that Dr. Carrol Thomas is the right person, and it has nothing to do with his ethnicity!!!!

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1272343" timestamp="1347719377"]
Lamar took a major step backwards starting in the late 80's under the inept leadership of George McLaughlin and Billy Franklin.  It took Jimmy Simmons his whole tenure to restore and improve it's reputation of the and grow the University.  The next hire is absolutely crucial!!!  I am trusting the Texas State System Board (I have to, they will make the decision) to perform a national search and get the right person.  I do not believe that Dr. Carrol Thomas is the right person, and it has nothing to do with his ethnicity!!!!
[/quote]I believe you. However the majority of the hat towards Thomas is because of his ethnicity. BISD was a failed  school district, rated unacceptable, crumbling schools, with the state of Texas moving to take it over. Today, rated recognized, new high tech schools, no layoffs in the recession, plus teacher raises. If you had read the Beaumont Enterprise online comment section on BISD over the years, the outrage was "Spending white tax payers money on blacks." 20 years ago, who would have ever thought a high tech brand new school would be built on Irving st.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="KDOSullivan" post="1272761" timestamp="1347739954"]
It could happen. There is a member of the regents who likes him and one of the committee members is Dr T. Chargois, the new BISD Supt of Schools.
[/quote]

I'm impressed with your knowledge of the "connections" down there in Beaumont - but this IS NOT GOING TO
HAPPEN. >:(

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1272786" timestamp="1347741079"]
[quote author=KDOSullivan link=topic=103188.msg1272761#msg1272761 date=1347739954]
It could happen. There is a member of the regents who likes him and one of the committee members is Dr T. Chargois, the new BISD Supt of Schools.
[/quote]

I'm impressed with your knowledge of the "connections" down there in Beaumont - but this IS NOT GOING TO
[/quote]

Don't be ugly Tigervoice. Just telling you what I know. Dr Thomas was brought up as possible President at TSTU meeting in August. And I DON'T want him as President of Lamar.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="KDOSullivan" post="1272803" timestamp="1347741614"]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=103188.msg1272786#msg1272786 date=1347741079]
[quote author=KDOSullivan link=topic=103188.msg1272761#msg1272761 date=1347739954]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Don't be ugly Tigervoice. Just telling you what I know. Dr Thomas was brought up as possible President at TSTU meeting in August. And I DON'T want him as President of Lamar.
[/quote]

8)Cool - I'm with you on that.  Sorry about the over reaction.  If this even gets any movement I'm coming out of retirement and getting into the politics of the thing.

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1272807" timestamp="1347741786"]
[quote author=KDOSullivan link=topic=103188.msg1272803#msg1272803 date=1347741614]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=103188.msg1272786#msg1272786 date=1347741079]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

8)Cool - I'm with you on that.  Sorry about the over reaction.  If this even gets any movement I'm coming out of retirement and getting into the politics of the thing.
[/quote]

It's ok TV, I blew my gasket when I found out in August, I am sort of surprised the media is just now finding out...

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="KDOSullivan" post="1272815" timestamp="1347742034"]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=103188.msg1272807#msg1272807 date=1347741786]
[quote author=KDOSullivan link=topic=103188.msg1272803#msg1272803 date=1347741614]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It's ok TV, I blew my gasket when I found out in August, I am sort of surprised the media is just now finding out...
[/quote]

[quote name="UNLV" post="1272627" timestamp="1347732388"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=103188.msg1272343#msg1272343 date=1347719377]
[/quote]I believe you. However the majority of the hat towards Thomas is because of his ethnicity. BISD was a failed  school district, rated unacceptable, crumbling schools, with the state of Texas moving to take it over. Today, rated recognized, new high tech schools, no layoffs in the recession, plus teacher raises. If you had read the Beaumont Enterprise online comment section on BISD over the years, the outrage was "Spending white tax payers money on blacks." 20 years ago, who would have ever thought a high tech brand new school would be built on Irving st.
[/quote]
UNLV I agree with you on the direction LU needs to go with Athletics, but absolutely do not agree with you if you are for Thomas as President.  Once again, as with every damn thing in this town, this will only be viewed through the lens of racial politics.  Just because you are a Supt of a Texas Independent School Dist doesn't qualify you to be the president of a University.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1272879" timestamp="1347745184"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=103188.msg1272627#msg1272627 date=1347732388]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=103188.msg1272343#msg1272343 date=1347719377]
[/quote]
UNLV I agree with you on the direction LU needs to go with Athletics, but absolutely do not agree with you if you are for Thomas as President.  Once again, as with every dang thing in this town, this will only be viewed through the lens of racial politics.  Just because you are a Supt of a Texas Independent School Dist doesn't qualify you to be the president of a University.
[/quote]The media, specifically KFDM, was behind the endless attacks on BISD and Thomas. We all remember what the media did to Bush and now Romney. Stories were ran about ex-BISD students robbing banks. When there is a child molest case, the media never said ex-VISD student or ex-LCMISD student. KFDM really split the  community so, like you said, everything will be seen through race. Thomas would not get the job because Lamar does not want to get divided by this ignorant thinking mess.

I personally think Thomas would do a heck of a job in growing Lamar to 20,000 and FBS.

[quote name="UNLV" post="1272921" timestamp="1347747520"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=103188.msg1272879#msg1272879 date=1347745184]
[/quote]
UNLV I agree with you on the direction LU needs to go with Athletics, but absolutely do not agree with you if you are for Thomas as President.  Once again, as with every dang thing in this town, this will only be viewed through the lens of racial politics.  Just because you are a Supt of a Texas Independent School Dist doesn't qualify you to be the president of a University.
[/quote]The media, specifically KFDM, was behind the endless attacks on BISD and Thomas. We all remember what the media did to Bush and now Romney. Stories were ran about ex-BISD students robbing banks. When there is a child molest case, the media never said ex-VISD student or ex-LCMISD student. KFDM really split the  community so, like you said, everything will be seen through race. Thomas would not get the job because Lamar does not want to get divided by this ignorant thinking mess.

I personally think Thomas would do a heck of a job in growing Lamar to 20,000 and FBS.
[/quote]

I just categorically disagree with you that he would do a good job.  Just cannot see it.  Would be a huge mistake in my opinion!!!!  My gut tells me that support, financial or otherwise, for LU would dry up quicker than a mud puddle in the Sahara!!!!

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1273311" timestamp="1347764665"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=103188.msg1272921#msg1272921 date=1347747520]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=103188.msg1272879#msg1272879 date=1347745184]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I just categorically disagree with you that he would do a good job.  Just cannot see it.  Would be a huge mistake in my opinion!!!!  My gut tells me that support, financial or otherwise, for LU would dry up quicker than a mud puddle in the Sahara!!!!
[/quote]How can you in any form of honesty say that. BISD was near bankrupt when he took over. Today BISD is in excellent financial shape. Whereas many area school districts fired educators, BISD fired no one and gave educators a raise. Please explain...

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="wbfan" post="1273500" timestamp="1347777836"]
If Beaumont ISD finally build a 4th and/or 5th HS. I guarantee it would be called Thomas High. I do have to admit, Dr.Thomas has done quite a lot for BISD.
[/quote]

It's not my business, but why in the world does Beaumont need ANOTHER high school?  First, they can't
seem to finish construction on the three that they have.  Secondly, are they expecting a great influx of population?  Just askin'.

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1273517" timestamp="1347795158"]
[quote author=wbfan link=topic=103188.msg1273500#msg1273500 date=1347777836]
If Beaumont ISD finally build a 4th and/or 5th HS. I guarantee it would be called Thomas High. I do have to admit, Dr.Thomas has done quite a lot for BISD.
[/quote]

It's not my business, but why in the world does Beaumont need ANOTHER high school?  First, they can't
seem to finish construction on the three that they have.  Secondly, are they expecting a great influx of population?  Just askin'.
[/quote]

I said IF.

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1273517" timestamp="1347795158"]
[quote author=wbfan link=topic=103188.msg1273500#msg1273500 date=1347777836]
[/quote]

[/quote]WB is a sardine can. It needs to be expanded or a 4th high school. Beaumont was better off with 4 high schools in French, South Park, BCP, and WB. Beaumont needs to get back to that model.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder