Hamshire-Fannett at East Chambers Game Thread/EC wins 33-14!

WOSgrad

[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1272151" timestamp="1347689708"]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=103152.msg1272134#msg1272134 date=1347689091]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=103152.msg1272101#msg1272101 date=1347688174]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=103152.msg1272090#msg1272090 date=1347687559]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=103152.msg1272064#msg1272064 date=1347686411]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=103152.msg1272043#msg1272043 date=1347685768]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=103152.msg1272003#msg1272003 date=1347684808]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=103152.msg1271984#msg1271984 date=1347684418]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=103152.msg1271969#msg1271969 date=1347684019]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=103152.msg1271959#msg1271959 date=1347683736]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=103152.msg1271936#msg1271936 date=1347683008]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=103152.msg1271895#msg1271895 date=1347682263]
Drove over to Winnie to watch the Rice Bowl. Roberts 33 hf 14.  That kid is special. I did notice EC could not do anything unless the ball was given to 27. Your right about those refs. They cost HF a touchdown. EC had a ton of personal files. Hf had a few. EC was so ineffective without Roberts in the game, they had to put 27 back in the game with 3 minutes left, because HF stuffed EC on 2 drives before. 33 to 14 game with 3 minutes left and you put your star back in the game. EC's coach would have a lot to explain if he got hurt during trash time. But I think he was afraid HF would have scored a meaningless touchdown in the last three minutes. Dumb
[/quote]Jerks you don't know what you’re talking about bro. You’re the one that said EC wanted to play HF during rice festival which is during district play. Not possible since what the 80’s. EC played with class. A shout out to EC coaches kneeling the ball inside the 5 yard line twice with less than a minute of the game. Roberts was in and out a lot of the first half. Yes EC did take their foot off the gas and HF scored. Watch channel 6 highlights and they talk about it.
[/quote]
Not sure what you are talking about on the rice festival? but EC total offense without 27 in the game was 53 yards. Your right this is not a district game. So you rest you star when the game is won. I thought it was very dumb of EC's coach to put him back in the game. If he had twisted his knee during trash time you would be agreeing with me right now.
[/quote][size=14pt]Let me see if I can spark your memory or just lying.[/size]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=74053.msg1193696#msg1193696 date=1331135969]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=74053.msg1129415#msg1129415 date=1322195782]
How are we supposed to catch up, if HF will not play? If you only play when you think you have a good team then the numbers really don't show a true series of play. I feel like HF is a much larger school than EC and should play. I could understand a smaller school not wanting to play a larger school but not the opposite. I know what your thinking, how do you know it’s HF. Well I was talking with Valastro and he said that HF really did not want to play, sometimes they will and sometimes not and we needed to find larger schools like Orangefield to push us. I’m not saying these numbers are skewed but they might be skewed. If anyone would like to shed some light on why HF sometimes will and sometimes not, I’m all ears. I would like to see us play HF every year like Orangefield.
[/quote]
The real reason is Valasto insisted on playing Rice Festival weekend, which no body wanted including HF. Valastro had this thing about not wanting his players to have any fun on that weekend. HF has always kept that weekend as a bye. Since Valastro was gone this year the game is back on next season.
[/quote][size=14pt]Busted  lying dude just stop while your ahead.[/size]
Hey Maybe Jenks or Jurk is BIG MO.LOL
[/quote]
If you continue to call me "jurk" (jenks is my name dude) then you new name will be ECFAG#1
[/quote]That was pretty good for a liar. EC whoop some butt and poor you don't like it and make up excuses.LOL
[/quote]
ECfan where does it say I wanted HF to play EC during the rice festival? What I was talking about is the weekend should be a bye for both teams. HF wanted to continue to have a bye that weekend. I know Valastro, He told me he did not want his players to go to the rice festival because he thought it would make them sluggish for district. Now both schools are playing on Rice Festival Friday. HF had to give up the bye because our district is bigger now and it just did not workout. I accept your apology on trying to put words in my mouth and calling me a liar.
[/quote]No apology here. I talked with Valastro myself and he said HF does not want to play. Valastro was not even here when we could played HF on rice festival. You would have to be in our district because district starts in Sept and festival is on Oct. I'll  try to type slower for ya. YOU LIED because it is not possible since the late 80's or early 90's. What happen with you not knowing anything about the rice festival?
[/quote]
I did not realize you were talking about a post from a long time ago. It just did not workout because of Bye's HF wanted to keep rice festival off. Valastro did not. I just talked to him and he told me it just did not work out because EC's bye was earlier in the season and HF's was on Rice festival WE.
[/quote]Do you know what district is ? Everyone is playing district games in OCT and HF is in a different district. It is not possible for us to play during rice festival. The Bye week has nothing to do with it.
[/quote]
I am going to try and explain this to you one more time.  HF wanted to play EC like they did this year within the first 3 to 4 weeks of the season. HF made commitments with other schools (non district commitments mean when you play at each other stadiums in 2 year commitments), but could not play EC the first 3 to 4 weekends because EC decided to start playing on Rice Festival Weekend.  EC then had to start taking their bye withing the first 3 to 4 weeks of the season. Because HF still wanted to be off rice festival weekend there was scheduling conflicts created by Valastro's desire to make his players play on RFW. I am glad it worked out now for us to play each other again. It should have never stopped.
[/quote]This is what you said period. "The real reason is Valasto insisted on playing Rice Festival weekend". Rice festival is in OCT. I think a liar would try to lie, to get out of a lie. What rice festival, I don't know what your talking about  ;)
[/quote]
The only lying going on here is you not admitting you were wrong about my post from a year ago?  I was supposed to know what you are talking about when you start talking about the rice festival from a post a long time ago? Chill man.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="jenks" post="1272167" timestamp="1347690277"]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=103152.msg1272151#msg1272151 date=1347689708]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=103152.msg1272134#msg1272134 date=1347689091]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=103152.msg1272101#msg1272101 date=1347688174]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=103152.msg1272090#msg1272090 date=1347687559]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=103152.msg1272064#msg1272064 date=1347686411]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=103152.msg1272043#msg1272043 date=1347685768]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=103152.msg1272003#msg1272003 date=1347684808]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=103152.msg1271984#msg1271984 date=1347684418]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=103152.msg1271969#msg1271969 date=1347684019]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=103152.msg1271959#msg1271959 date=1347683736]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=103152.msg1271936#msg1271936 date=1347683008]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=103152.msg1271895#msg1271895 date=1347682263]
Drove over to Winnie to watch the Rice Bowl. Roberts 33 hf 14.  That kid is special. I did notice EC could not do anything unless the ball was given to 27. Your right about those refs. They cost HF a touchdown. EC had a ton of personal files. Hf had a few. EC was so ineffective without Roberts in the game, they had to put 27 back in the game with 3 minutes left, because HF stuffed EC on 2 drives before. 33 to 14 game with 3 minutes left and you put your star back in the game. EC's coach would have a lot to explain if he got hurt during trash time. But I think he was afraid HF would have scored a meaningless touchdown in the last three minutes. Dumb
[/quote]Jerks you don't know what you’re talking about bro. You’re the one that said EC wanted to play HF during rice festival which is during district play. Not possible since what the 80’s. EC played with class. A shout out to EC coaches kneeling the ball inside the 5 yard line twice with less than a minute of the game. Roberts was in and out a lot of the first half. Yes EC did take their foot off the gas and HF scored. Watch channel 6 highlights and they talk about it.
[/quote]
Not sure what you are talking about on the rice festival? but EC total offense without 27 in the game was 53 yards. Your right this is not a district game. So you rest you star when the game is won. I thought it was very dumb of EC's coach to put him back in the game. If he had twisted his knee during trash time you would be agreeing with me right now.
[/quote][size=14pt]Let me see if I can spark your memory or just lying.[/size]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=74053.msg1193696#msg1193696 date=1331135969]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=74053.msg1129415#msg1129415 date=1322195782]
How are we supposed to catch up, if HF will not play? If you only play when you think you have a good team then the numbers really don't show a true series of play. I feel like HF is a much larger school than EC and should play. I could understand a smaller school not wanting to play a larger school but not the opposite. I know what your thinking, how do you know it’s HF. Well I was talking with Valastro and he said that HF really did not want to play, sometimes they will and sometimes not and we needed to find larger schools like Orangefield to push us. I’m not saying these numbers are skewed but they might be skewed. If anyone would like to shed some light on why HF sometimes will and sometimes not, I’m all ears. I would like to see us play HF every year like Orangefield.
[/quote]
The real reason is Valasto insisted on playing Rice Festival weekend, which no body wanted including HF. Valastro had this thing about not wanting his players to have any fun on that weekend. HF has always kept that weekend as a bye. Since Valastro was gone this year the game is back on next season.
[/quote][size=14pt]Busted  lying dude just stop while your ahead.[/size]
Hey Maybe Jenks or Jurk is BIG MO.LOL
[/quote]
If you continue to call me "jurk" (jenks is my name dude) then you new name will be ECFAG#1
[/quote]That was pretty good for a liar. EC whoop some butt and poor you don't like it and make up excuses.LOL
[/quote]
ECfan where does it say I wanted HF to play EC during the rice festival? What I was talking about is the weekend should be a bye for both teams. HF wanted to continue to have a bye that weekend. I know Valastro, He told me he did not want his players to go to the rice festival because he thought it would make them sluggish for district. Now both schools are playing on Rice Festival Friday. HF had to give up the bye because our district is bigger now and it just did not workout. I accept your apology on trying to put words in my mouth and calling me a liar.
[/quote]No apology here. I talked with Valastro myself and he said HF does not want to play. Valastro was not even here when we could played HF on rice festival. You would have to be in our district because district starts in Sept and festival is on Oct. I'll  try to type slower for ya. YOU LIED because it is not possible since the late 80's or early 90's. What happen with you not knowing anything about the rice festival?
[/quote]
I did not realize you were talking about a post from a long time ago. It just did not workout because of Bye's HF wanted to keep rice festival off. Valastro did not. I just talked to him and he told me it just did not work out because EC's bye was earlier in the season and HF's was on Rice festival WE.
[/quote]Do you know what district is ? Everyone is playing district games in OCT and HF is in a different district. It is not possible for us to play during rice festival. The Bye week has nothing to do with it.
[/quote]
I am going to try and explain this to you one more time.  HF wanted to play EC like they did this year within the first 3 to 4 weeks of the season. HF made commitments with other schools (non district commitments mean when you play at each other stadiums in 2 year commitments), but could not play EC the first 3 to 4 weekends because EC decided to start playing on Rice Festival Weekend.  EC then had to start taking their bye withing the first 3 to 4 weeks of the season. Because HF still wanted to be off rice festival weekend there was scheduling conflicts created by Valastro's desire to make his players play on RFW. I am glad it worked out now for us to play each other again. It should have never stopped.
[/quote]This is what you said period. "The real reason is Valasto insisted on playing Rice Festival weekend". Rice festival is in OCT. I think a liar would try to lie, to get out of a lie. What rice festival, I don't know what your talking about  ;)
[/quote]
The only lying going on here is you not admitting you were wrong about my post from a year ago?  I was supposed to know what you are talking about when you start talking about the rice festival from a post a long time ago? Chill man.
[/quote]Was not hard for me to remember it so why would it be hard for you to remember. You never gave an explanation until now. Did it take you that long to think up that answer?

Ec was the better team last night, 27 is a hoss , I hope the ec HF game will continue , in the long run looking at what both have coming up I think HF is on a better track, but time will tell. Good luck to both teams in district , ec with newton and Kirbyville,, hf with silsbee, and wos

way to go Bucs and hats off to a Hf Team that played hard and never quit. Glen Roberts is so much fun to watch with his amazing cutbacks and speed changes. Ec's defense seems to be rock soild with the addition of number 44 as linebacker, welcome to EC, Cody Casey.  Hf 's #88 Mitch McCall played a heck of a game last night and the freshman #24 King looks to be something really special.    Go Bucs  .....  way to saw them off

Guest ECBucFan
Proud of the way EC plays with high intensity!  ;D  We have to fix the multitude of penalties, though. Especially the false starts. They didn't really matter against OF and H-F, but sooner or later the flags are gonna hurt us.

Gutsy game by Keith Volpetta!  8)

I made it down to see this game. I saw EC had the two best players on the field by far.

#27 on offense was fun to watch just when it looked like he was stopped he would pivot and be gone. I would like to see his stats.

#44 was a Manster on defense.

I thought the refs did a pretty good job but it seemed they did spend a lot of time explaining rules or the calls to the coaches.

[quote name="justsaying" post="1271099" timestamp="1347671892"]
EC looks sluggish.  12-0 at the half EC must have 125 yards in penalties. Refs are terrible.  They have to stop and talk to everyone after every play.
[/quote]

The calls made by the refs were not necessarily bad, but it was excrutiating after almost every flag, the refs huddled up with lots of talking and pointing, then run over to the EC coach to explain the call, then run over to give the HF coach an explanation, then run to huddle up again with more pointing before finally marking off the penalty or waving off the flag.  By the way, I use the word "run" very loosely.

I wondered if there were some NFL officials in attendance scouting for replacements for the replacement refs.

Guest ECBucFan
Exactly. They over called the game and they over explained their calls. They certainly delayed the games progress and flow. They casually meandered over to each sideline many times even when the coaches [i]were not[/i] asking for any explanations. I think they wanted to be "the show" at the Rice Bowl. Didn't matter though. The Bucs rolled.  8)

Great game #27 and Bucs. #27 is a special athlete he should have a bright future. As for the Bucs better hope he don't get hurt are it will be a long season. You all enjoy this win the Horns will be back for you next year!! Great game and the crowds were unbelievable. I am proud to be a Longhorn! The way the boys kept their heads up and played hard to the end was great. In past years not sure that would have happened. The Horns just need to keep playing hard and good things will come. Go Horns!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is WOW, what in the heck are yall feeding them boys in ECC, is there a Power Plant near by that I do not about? Ha Ha LMAO. All kidding aside #27, #44 & #55 should be DIV 1 recruits. As for the rest of the EC team they were good as well, the Team as a whole was the better team IMHO that night. The Bucs tackled really well, especially their secondary. There were at least 2-3 runs that Jordan Brown could have taken to the house had the Bucs not gotten good open field tackles. I do not know if any one else noticed it, #27 was a pretty dang good defender as well. I saw him lay the lumber a couple of times in the secondary. I think we can all agree that both teams and the officiating crew pretty much stunk up the field the first half with all of the penalties and game delays. The 2nd half was much more entertaining except for the part of HF losing. I think we can also agree that HF was able to move the ball pretty much at will and had they not committed so many turnovers & penalties the score should have not been so lop sided. I am proud of the HF boys they battled until the bitter end and never gave up. The EC coach was a class act he had time to put up another TD in the last minute of the game and decided to take a knee instead. Hats off to the EC fans you guys have a real good team to root for, I look for them to go 10-0. I would like to give a shout out to all of the HF fans especially Randy Alavarez, we finally brought some school spirit to a game that I have not seen in a long time. This was a hard hitting game and I am sure there are boys on both sides that are injured and in allot of pain. God speed on your recoveries. Good Luck to both squads this week. Hook' Em Horns :) 

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="HORNSFAN86" post="1274055" timestamp="1347886294"]
All I can say is WOW, what in the heck are yall feeding them boys in ECC, is there a Power Plant near by that I do not about? Ha Ha LMAO. All kidding aside #27, #44 & #55 should be DIV 1 recruits. As for the rest of the EC team they were good as well, the Team as a whole was the better team IMHO that night. The Bucs tackled really well, especially their secondary. There were at least 3-4 runs that Jordan Brown could have took to the house had the Bucs not gotten good open field tackles. I do not know if any one else noticed it but me, but #27 was a pretty dang good defender as well. I saw him lay the lumber a couple of times in the secondary. I think we can all agree that both teams and the officiating crew pretty much stunk up the field the first half with all of the penalties and game delays. The 2nd half was much more entertaining except for the part of HF losing. I think we can also agree that HF was able to move the ball pretty much at will and had they not committed so many turnovers & penalties the score should have not been so lop sided. I am proud of the HF boys they battled until the bitter end and never gave up. The EC coach was a class act he had time to put up another TD in the last minute of the games and decided to take a knee instead. Hats off to the EC fans you guys have a real good team to root for, I look for them to go 10-0. I would like to give a shout out to all of the HF fans especially Randy Alvarez, we finally brought some school spirit to a game that I have not seen in a long time. This was a hard hitting game and I am sure there are boys on both sides that are injured and in allot of pain. God speed on your recoveries. Good Luck to both squads this week. Hook' Em Horns :)
[/quote]

Beautifully stated, "Fans86."  Your community is really coming together in support of those Horns. :)

[quote name="HORNSFAN86" post="1270527" timestamp="1347657209"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=103152.msg1270514#msg1270514 date=1347656639]
[quote author=12gage link=topic=103152.msg1270498#msg1270498 date=1347655888]
Can someone from ec tell me why ec could not play a fres game last night? It looks like y'all had enough on the jv.
[/quote]

2A ball typically does not have Freshman teams, so few opponents would be available thru the year. Keep in mind the size difference between H-F and EC.
[/quote]I don't blame them, I wouldn't want to play our freshman either, "them boys be ballers".  8) :D
[/quote]From the looks of Friday night's score, maybe ya'll should have moved the "ballers" up to play on the varsity!!!!!!!

[quote name="Lt. Dangle" post="1274324" timestamp="1347903441"]
[quote author=HORNSFAN86 link=topic=103152.msg1270527#msg1270527 date=1347657209]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=103152.msg1270514#msg1270514 date=1347656639]
[quote author=12gage link=topic=103152.msg1270498#msg1270498 date=1347655888]
Can someone from ec tell me why ec could not play a fres game last night? It looks like y'all had enough on the jv.
[/quote]

2A ball typically does not have Freshman teams, so few opponents would be available thru the year. Keep in mind the size difference between H-F and EC.
[/quote]I don't blame them, I wouldn't want to play our freshman either, "them boys be ballers".  8) :D
[/quote]From the looks of Friday night's score, maybe ya'll should have moved the "ballers" up to play on the varsity!!!!!!!
[/quote]In time my friend, in time. Remember slow and steady wins the race, Coach Harris will turn the reigns loose when he feels they are ready. ;)

[quote name="HORNSFAN86" post="1274055" timestamp="1347886294"]
All I can say is WOW, what in the heck are yall feeding them boys in ECC, is there a Power Plant near by that I do not about? Ha Ha LMAO. All kidding aside #27, #44 & #55 should be DIV 1 recruits. As for the rest of the EC team they were good as well, the Team as a whole was the better team IMHO that night. The Bucs tackled really well, especially their secondary. There were at least 2-3 runs that Jordan Brown could have taken to the house had the Bucs not gotten good open field tackles. I do not know if any one else noticed it, #27 was a pretty dang good defender as well. I saw him lay the lumber a couple of times in the secondary. I think we can all agree that both teams and the officiating crew pretty much stunk up the field the first half with all of the penalties and game delays. The 2nd half was much more entertaining except for the part of HF losing. I think we can also agree that HF was able to move the ball pretty much at will and had they not committed so many turnovers & penalties the score should have not been so lop sided. I am proud of the HF boys they battled until the bitter end and never gave up. The EC coach was a class act he had time to put up another TD in the last minute of the game and decided to take a knee instead. Hats off to the EC fans you guys have a real good team to root for, I look for them to go 10-0. I would like to give a shout out to all of the HF fans especially Randy Alavarez, we finally brought some school spirit to a game that I have not seen in a long time. This was a hard hitting game and I am sure there are boys on both sides that are injured and in allot of pain. God speed on your recoveries. Good Luck to both squads this week. Hook' Em Horns :)
[/quote]Hornsfan86 sounds like an honest opinion. Hope #5 (I think Jordan Brown) is ok and ready for your next game. HF had a good crowd at the game. The stands were full and the fence looked like 2-3 people deep. All the parking lots packed. The crowd sounded like they really backing them horns. Keep up the good job, everyone seem to be pulling in the same direction. All the smack talking is over so God bless ya’ll and good luck with the rest of this year. See ya next year at HF I guess. +1 for being a good sport.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86