Bridge City at Beaumont Kelly Game Thread/Bridge City wins 35-0!

WOSgrad

2 new kids WB, 2 from HF, 1 from Lumberton and I was told there are 2 more. That's more than they have ever had. Normally it's 1 or 2 per season. Tell me the last time Kelly was this bad, I really couldn't tell you. They are the size of a 3a school and normally compete with the Bridge city's , silsbee and hf. Even when they are down.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="fisherman2" post="1272433" timestamp="1347724022"]
[quote author=Gatorpie456 link=topic=103147.msg1272091#msg1272091 date=1347687572]
Yeah yeah yeah fisherman blah blah blah keep making excuses! Kelly needs to get out of that defense if they want to win any games this year!
[/quote] Hahaha are you expecting a kid who has practiced ONE week with the team to know the offense? And look at the stats from the first game Thomas Falgout had 107 receiving yards the rest of the team had like 15 and Thomas dislocated his thumb in pre game warm ups and just couldn't catch the ball this game. I'm not trying to make excuses I'm just saying this year Kelly has no depth at all and our best o line man, and starting Qb, and best receiver were injured.
[/quote]

BC's secondary had him and the rest of Kelly's receiver core cover like white on rice..

[quote name="Aggieallstar" post="1272466" timestamp="1347725762"]
2 new kids WB, 2 from HF, 1 from Lumberton and I was told there are 2 more. That's more than they have ever had. Normally it's 1 or 2 per season. Tell me the last time Kelly was this bad, I really couldn't tell you. They are the size of a 3a school and normally compete with the Bridge city's , silsbee and hf. Even when they are down.
[/quote] one kid from west brook has not touched the field and there is one other kid from Oak Hill (the basketball school) he is number 22.

Wow. Oak Hill. If they continue to recruit like that they should be competitive in all sports. I guess Kelly is changing. New coach. Recruit heavy. I'm anxious to see how this all works out in the upcoming years.  Back to topic. I hate to see a team that went to State with their own players, get beat the way they are getting beat this year. I really believe if Hartsfield and the staff would have stayed, it wouldn't be like this.

[quote name="Aggieallstar" post="1272595" timestamp="1347731378"]
Wow. Oak Hill. If they continue to recruit like that they should be competitive in all sports. I guess Kelly is changing. New coach. Recruit heavy. I'm anxious to see how this all works out in the upcoming years.  Back to topic. I hate to see a team that went to State with their own players, get beat the way they are getting beat this year. I really believe if Hartsfield and the staff would have stayed, it wouldn't be like this.
[/quote] actually the kid is from port Arthur and wanted to come back home and just decided to go to Kelly. I agree this years team is not good at all but what did you expect?

[quote name="SetxFootball" post="1272477" timestamp="1347726226"]
[quote author=fisherman2 link=topic=103147.msg1272433#msg1272433 date=1347724022]
[quote author=Gatorpie456 link=topic=103147.msg1272091#msg1272091 date=1347687572]
Yeah yeah yeah fisherman blah blah blah keep making excuses! Kelly needs to get out of that defense if they want to win any games this year!
[/quote] Hahaha are you expecting a kid who has practiced ONE week with the team to know the offense? And look at the stats from the first game Thomas Falgout had 107 receiving yards the rest of the team had like 15 and Thomas dislocated his thumb in pre game warm ups and just couldn't catch the ball this game. I'm not trying to make excuses I'm just saying this year Kelly has no depth at all and our best o line man, and starting Qb, and best receiver were injured.
[/quote]

BC's secondary had him and the rest of Kelly's receiver core cover like white on rice..
[/quote] I wouldn't say that Falgout dropped many non contested passes

[quote name="Aggieallstar" post="1272677" timestamp="1347734859"]
They still have a lot of games to play so I'm not going to act like its over but I didn't expect this. I hope they get better as the year progresses. Every football season players graduate. The next group steps up and so on. You can't throw in the towel for the season and say well we lost some good players. Compete!
[/quote] I'm not giving up on them at all your the one sounding like your giving  up on them till this post.

[quote name="Aggieallstar" post="1272595" timestamp="1347731378"]
[/quote]
Kelly is not recruiting any players. A ridiculous and unfounded assumption on your part. As for the coaching, the coaches who coordinated the program last year and kept everything Coach Long had in place are still there, Rabb and Knowles. Jason Smith and Frank Middleton are gone and they did a great job last season, but Rabb and Knowles were the keys. You do not seem to understand how important the horses on the field are. Kelly is young and rebuilding, and the mixture of the remaining assistants and the new ones in place are going to bring the program back in the next couple of seasons. What happened last season was a culmination of what started when last seasons group were freshmen and being groomed by Coach Long's system. In addition, there were exceptional players on that group.

[quote name="Gatorpie456" post="1272341" timestamp="1347719168"]
Ok roger korby since you know everything about football tell me y they shoul stay in the 3-4. You sit obviously don't diddly poo about football! To run a 3-4 you need a awesome nose guard that Kelly doesn't have! You need 2 linemen that r awesome that Kelly has teu choose not to play them on defense for some reason. Need 4 linebackers who r mad men and I'm telling you right now Kelly doesn't have 1 linebacker on that team so you sir don't know anything about football good try though
[/quote]
Thanks for the compliment about my knowledge of football, but I do not and have never claimed that. You may want to refrain from juvenile remarks like that.
Kelly is using what they have at nose guard. You are assuming that they have a 330 pound monster on the roster to line up over the center. They do not, but they are using what they have. Coach Holmes will stick with the 3-4 because that is the system he wants to establish for the program. Very similar to what Coach Long did when he took over at Kelly for the offense and that system eventually led to a state championship appearance. There are bumps in the road right now defensively, but the coach will not throw in the towel after two games. What is needed to make the system work is certainly better understood by Holmes than by me and, based on your ignorant remarks, definitely you. Kelly actually has a very good senior linebacker who is being recruited by some major colleges and a junior LB who is leading the team in tackles and caused a fumble last night and a sophomore outside LB who will probably be a collegiate strong safety down the road.

Roger. Just stop. Nothing you say makes sense or is even true. Kelly never has the "horses" that other teams do. Long wasn't there last year and the coaches tweaked his system and ran their own. The players they did have were decent players that the coaches worked hard to develop into good players. If you can only run one scheme as an offensive or defensive coach then that's not good. You better be able to adapt and run something that fits your players or will be effective against the team you are playing that week. The 3-4 is idiotic a Kelly. They don't have the down lineman to do it. 5 offensive lineman vs 3 dlineman. I wonder who will win that battle?

Someone who knows nothing about Kelly maybe shouldn't act like they are an expert. There were no tweaks to the offense last seaso.  The offense you saw on the field and the plays that were being run was the MIKE LONG offense. They didn't have the horses last year and just had decent players? They had two players go play division one football and another is a starter this year for Texas Lutheran.

As far as other comments made. The 3-4 is not going to be effective this season because they don't have the nose tackle needed on the d line. You need a player like a Tebo from liberty that is going to demand a double team and can make plays. They have two sophomores on the d line who should be playing the majority of the snaps at the defensive end spots. They both will be great players down the road. My problem is that the starting tailback and fullback are playing the outside linebacker spots and are taking a beating having to take on offensive lineman. I think the system can work down the road but this year it looks a little rough. Best of luck to Coach Holmes.

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="1274091" timestamp="1347888734"]
Someone who knows nothing about Kelly maybe shouldn't act like they are an expert. There were no tweaks to the offense last seaso.  The offense you saw on the field and the plays that were being run was the MIKE LONG offense. They didn't have the horses last year and just had decent players? They had two players go play division one football and another is a starter this year for Texas Lutheran.

As far as other comments made. The 3-4 is not going to be effective this season because they don't have the nose tackle needed on the d line. You need a player like a Tebo from liberty that is going to demand a double team and can make plays. They have two sophomores on the d line who should be playing the majority of the snaps at the defensive end spots. They both will be great players down the road. My problem is that the starting tailback and fullback are playing the outside linebacker spots and are taking a beating having to take on offensive lineman. I think the system can work down the road but this year it looks a little rough. Best of luck to Coach Holmes.
[/quote]

they ran more last year than under Long...

That wasn't the only change to the offense. KellyBasketball and Roger have no clue. They want to, but they don't. Everyone in the stands thinks they know who is doing what and what is going on  No one on here is an expert but I do know most of the offensive coaches personally and I know what they would tell you. This is old. Good luck Kelly

All I know is "that junior high coach" took them to the state game. He was the coach that got the job done. He made tweaks and ran everything accordingly. You can't say the success they had last year was due to someone else. If that was the case Kelly would have at least been going deep in the playoffs for the past few years. Clint is a great coach and person.

It's kind of ironic that some of the same people I see on here was not patient with him and criticizing him, however this year is completely different.  Some of these same people that bashed him never apologized for their comments.

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="1274768" timestamp="1347932632"]
On a side note, does silsbee have Kelly on the basketball schedule this year? It's been going for about four years I think, didn't know if either coach was looking for a new matchup.
[/quote]

Not sure. I know of some of the marquee non district games and tourneys that Silsbee will be playing, but do not know the complete schedule yet.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder