Liberty @ Buna predictions/comments

AOO7

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1267430" timestamp="1347373395"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=102907.msg1267418#msg1267418 date=1347372555]
[quote author=cat001 link=topic=102907.msg1267413#msg1267413 date=1347372112]
From what I hear Buna is big and physical. Liberty seem sout of sync and I don't think this week changes any of that.

Buna-35
Liberty-13
[/quote] They are BIG and poor Liberty takes another thumping. Buna 48-Liberty 7
[/quote]

Poor liberty? coming from the 2-9 kvillecats... rofl
[/quote] Them 2-9 Cats would have hung 50 points on Liberty last season. When the last time Liberty beat Kirbyville?? Coldspring just defeated Kirbyville a few years ago after getting beat year after year....I'm waiting ::)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1267434" timestamp="1347373620"]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=102907.msg1267430#msg1267430 date=1347373395]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=102907.msg1267418#msg1267418 date=1347372555]
[quote author=cat001 link=topic=102907.msg1267413#msg1267413 date=1347372112]
From what I hear Buna is big and physical. Liberty seem sout of sync and I don't think this week changes any of that.

Buna-35
Liberty-13
[/quote] They are BIG and poor Liberty takes another thumping. Buna 48-Liberty 7
[/quote]

Poor liberty? coming from the 2-9 kvillecats... rofl
[/quote] Them 2-9 Cats would have hung 50 points on Liberty last season. When the last time Liberty beat Kirbyville?? Coldspring just defeated Kirbyville a few years ago after getting beat year after year....I'm waiting ::)
[/quote]

ROFL!!! That doesn't even deserve a response.

Sorry - but Hookem - as a Liberty fan please don't talk trash until we win a game or at least compete in one.  So far this year 113 - 26 is nothing to brag about.  Also, Jones is a quality athlete but would not have changed the total scores of either of the previous games by more than 7 points either way.  Fact is Liberty has a way to go and many holes that need filing before they are a quality team this year.  Hate to say it but looks like a long year for the Panthers.

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1267232" timestamp="1347338205"]
[quote author=lp4life link=topic=102907.msg1267225#msg1267225 date=1347337528]
if jones plays liberty by 10+ if not should be a close one
[/quote]

It still amazes me that you guys view him as a huge game changer!  He is a good player, but not a world beater.
[/quote]
Never called him a "world beater" he's a good player yes, and in 3A he's a great player. He's faster than most on this field and for the Panther's he is the key piece to it all. He's the leader of this team and has been making plays longer than any other panther in the program, without it him it's more of a mental let down than an actual one, the players don't play up to their best abilities, not to mention the fact that our offense is built around him so why don't you get your facts straight before you make statements like that, without him the Panthers can't do much, so It "amazes" me that you don't think he is a huge game changer because on THIS field for THIS team he is a " huge game changer"

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1267277" timestamp="1347348967"]
When did I EVER say that I was STILL in college? Smh, you my friend are definitely not the brightest crayon. Just a minute ago I was "Cord" then I was a h/s student. Make up your mind. Actually, go to sleep I'm done. My intellect drops every time I read these highly unintelligent posts of yours. ROFL!
[/quote]

[quote name="OldTimer" post="1267539" timestamp="1347379700"]
Sorry - but Hookem - as a Liberty fan please don't talk trash until we win a game or at least compete in one.  So far this year 113 - 26 is nothing to brag about.  Also, Jones is a quality athlete but would not have changed the total scores of either of the previous games by more than 7 points either way.  Fact is Liberty has a way to go and many holes that need filing before they are a quality team this year.  Hate to say it but looks like a long year for the Panthers.
[/quote]
Are you blind? He wasn't talking trash he was defending the fact that Jordan Jones is a "huge game changer" and if your a Liberty fan and have been around the past 3 years at least you would know that Jordan Jones is a "huge game changer" for our team. Go tell coach Deel that JJ isn't a "huge game changer" for HIS team and see what he has to say about that, Jordan Jones is the best player on the team, was the best player last year, and was the 2nd best player the year before, this kid is a huge game changer no one in their right mind would say Jordan Jones isn't a game changer for the Panther's btw he never said we would have beaten Jasper or Newton with him, just simply said he was a huge game changer.

First I have never stated that Jones is not an exceptional athlete.  But in my opinion - and it is only my opinion - Liberty has several weaknesses that Jones will not be able to correct by himself.  And those weaknesses were shown to be a problem in both of the games played so far this year.  And I am sorry but Hookem made fun of Kirbyville in one of his posts - I think Liberty should be humbled by our recent losses instead of making fun of other teams.  I hope he is right and Liberty gets its act together for the District games and we do well in District.  Regardless I will root for Liberty no matter what the record but I still feel its going to be a long year.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="FARVA" post="1268057" timestamp="1347415704"]
How can u be a leader when u are constantly late to practice and have a crappy work ethic,  I have my facts straight this is out of serval current coaches.  It all goes back to the leadership at the top. And u know who I am talking about.
[/quote]

^^^^. Whoops, here we go!

By the way we have been playing, im scared to make a prediction. With 11 turnovers in 2 games, (and a lot of them being within the 10 yrd line) it's hard to beat anybody.

I do not know much about liberty this year. Im sure they will have some athletes and speed as usual.  :-[ not good for the cougars. However like central and kirbyville, i doubt they will be able to stop Big D. I got faith in my cougs... look for a better showing this week.  Cougs take this one.

[quote name="OldTimer" post="1267539" timestamp="1347379700"]
[/quote]

Thanks for your opinion.

[quote name="LP6" post="1267740" timestamp="1347396710"]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=102907.msg1267232#msg1267232 date=1347338205]
[quote author=lp4life link=topic=102907.msg1267225#msg1267225 date=1347337528]
if jones plays liberty by 10+ if not should be a close one
[/quote]

It still amazes me that you guys view him as a huge game changer!  He is a good player, but not a world beater.
[/quote]
Never called him a "world beater" he's a good player yes, and in 3A he's a great player. He's faster than most on this field [b]and for the Panther's he is the key piece to it all. He's the leader of this team and has been making plays longer than any other panther in the program, without it him it's more of a mental let down than an actual one, the players don't play up to their best abilities, not to mention the fact that our offense is built around him[/b] so why don't you get your facts straight before you make statements like that, without him the Panthers can't do much, so It "amazes" me that you don't think he is a huge game changer because on THIS field for THIS team he is a " huge game changer"
[/quote]

Exactly what I meant! He's not the best player in the world, but he's the heart and soul of THIS team. Go back to Kelly game last year, speaks volumes.

[quote name="OldTimer" post="1267807" timestamp="1347399691"]
First I have never stated that Jones is not an exceptional athlete.  But in my opinion - and it is only my opinion - Liberty has several weaknesses that Jones will not be able to correct by himself.  And those weaknesses were shown to be a problem in both of the games played so far this year.  And I am sorry but Hookem made fun of Kirbyville in one of his posts - I think Liberty should be humbled by our recent losses instead of making fun of other teams.  I hope he is right and Liberty gets its act together for the District games and we do well in District.  Regardless I will root for Liberty no matter what the record but I still feel its going to be a long year.
[/quote]

Were you at the Jasper game? Looked like we were gonna mop the floor with them until he got hurt. The team was so MENTALLY torn that they gave up. Not saying he himself will fix the run d etc, simply saying when he's there the TEAM PLAYS TO A MUCH HIGHER LEVEL. That's it.

[quote name="FARVA" post="1268057" timestamp="1347415704"]
How can u be a leader when u are constantly late to practice and have a crappy work ethic,  I have my facts straight this is out of serval current coaches.  It all goes back to the leadership at the top. And u know who I am talking about.
[/quote]

How can you be late to practice when practice begins during school and ends after? Whoever this kid is with the crappy work ethic so the coaches tell you (doubt it).. if they think so little of him, why is he still playing? Ok, thought so.

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1268361" timestamp="1347464236"]
[quote author=FARVA link=topic=102907.msg1268057#msg1268057 date=1347415704]
[/quote]

How can you be late to practice when practice begins during school and ends after? Whoever this kid is with the crappy work ethic so the coaches tell you (doubt it).. if they think so little of him, why is he still playing? Ok, thought so.
[/quote]

I did not think he was talking about a kid.
Beside the point.  Liberty needs a win this week. Let's go.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder