Vidor @ Clear Brook predictions

dustoff03

Who wins it?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins it?

• Vidor
    • Clear Brook

[quote name="prepballfan" post="1265468" timestamp="1347157201"]
OH man thankyou for caring that makes me feel great not many people on here care about your feelings especially when your sad.........TY  ;D
[/quote]
Don't mention it  ;)
Nothing but the greatest compassion and respect for one of our historically toughest, but most annoying, district rivals.  LOL

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Teamlast" post="1265644" timestamp="1347162072"]
[quote author=prepballfan link=topic=102784.msg1265172#msg1265172 date=1347142375]
Vidor gets around to  a team who is not in a down year..........    Clear Brook wins here.
[/quote]
Guessing WOS is gonna win state after last night
[/quote]
;D
They better..after kicking our butts..first game at home..on our new turf...they just better

[quote name="prepballfan" post="1265172" timestamp="1347142375"]
Vidor gets around to  [b]a team who is not in a down year[/b]..........    Clear Brook wins here.
[/quote]

I can see why you might feel that way, with the butt woopins Vidor is giving these teams it seems all our opponents are having down years :o

[quote name="Blackbuc" post="1265719" timestamp="1347166610"]
[quote author=prepballfan link=topic=102784.msg1265172#msg1265172 date=1347142375]
Vidor gets around to  [b]a team who is not in a down year[/b]..........    Clear Brook wins here.
[/quote]

I can see why you might feel that way, [b]with the butt woopins Vidor is giving these teams it seems all our opponents are having down years :o[/b]
[/quote]

8)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1265821" timestamp="1347196630"]
Guys, this game could be very interesting and will present Vidor with teir toughest oponent this far.  This team gave LaPorte all they wanted and some.  I realisticly have Clear Brook winning by a score at the end.
[/quote]

I agree 100% that C/B will most definitely give the Pirates their biggest competition so far...don't know much about em except they have played 2 really good teams and played them well even though they lost. If Vidor doesn't turn the ball over and let this team get n their heads.....I got Vidor but I'm a fan.  ;) 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1265821" timestamp="1347196630"]
Guys, this game could be very interesting and will present Vidor with teir toughest oponent this far.  This team gave LaPorte all they wanted and some.  I realisticly have Clear Brook winning by a score at the end.
[/quote]To be honest, LP QB was in his first start ever, missing 2 First Team All-District OL & key cogs on D. LP also had 4 T/O's with 2 coming in scoring position. Sloppy 1st game. SL may very well be a PO team this year. CB played both well. I wonder how their psyche is after these 2 games? Either way, they have some talent. Should be a fun game to watch if you like to watch old-fashioned run games.

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1265883" timestamp="1347201593"]
[quote author=incognito link=topic=102784.msg1265873#msg1265873 date=1347200538]
Veterans Memorial Stadium...thanks
[/quote]
I thought this game was at District Stadium.......it is listed as a home game on CB's schedule
[/quote]

It could very well be.

[quote name="texas2step4u" post="1265266" timestamp="1347147966"]
CB scares me a bit...their record is deceiving and I dont read much into it.  I hope the Pirates win, but this CB team is good.  Again, dont let their record fool you.  I do agree that since they run the ball that they play into the Pirates defensive strength. [b] Last night could have been different, but the BC receivers couldnt catch a ball that hit them in the hands.  Im not saying that BC would have won the game, but it would have been a lot closer than the score was.[/b]
[/quote]
glad to see some else saw what i saw.

[quote name="formercaveman" post="1266554" timestamp="1347285523"]
I predict a very short game with both teams running the ball 95% of the time. District Stadium is the same as Veterans Memorial Stadium. It was renamed a couple of years ago. It is a fun environment. Fans are right on the action. There is no track so it is only about 10 yards from sideline to the stands.
[/quote]
Sorry, I thought he was referring to Memorial stadium in Pasadena

I think it is very hard to compare 2 teams so early in the season.  But isn't that what makes message boards! 

I had heard on this board that Sante Fe and Clear Brook were competitive in their scrimmage.  From what I was able to see, that was not the case.  Clear Brook was clearly the better team.  And while I know that it is only a scrimmage, I would expect a much better team than Sante Fe on Friday night.

One other thing to take away from the scrimmage was that the offense and the defense wore different colors for Clear Brook.  And for most of the night (and even then with rare exception), the players only played on Offense or Defense.  This is a big difference for a 5A team vs Vidor.  Vidor will have a number of players seeing significant time on both sides of the ball.  This may be a big difference come crunch time.

Clear Brook almost beat LP.  CB attempted a 50 yd FG at the end of regulation.  And from the best I could tell it was just short a few yards.  CB did a good job of containing the LP offense.  And the LP offense used a lot of misdirection which could bode well for CB against Vidor.  In fact, of the 2 TDs that I saw CB give up in regulation, one of them was about a 40 yard, Half Back pass to a wide open WR (and I do not think that Vidor has that one in the playbook).  CB attempted their own HB pass with less success.  But LP moved the ball seemingly throughout the night.  CB came up big in the Red Zone with key stops and Takeaways. 

I have not seen any of the Seven Lakes game.

I think CB will be the fastest team that we have played so far this year and probably a little bit bigger.  They have 2 good RBs and from what I could tell multiple QBs that play as well.  There defense is big, fast and aggressive.  I thought #8, a defensive end, was quite the player.  It seemed like LP ran away from him more and more as the night went on. 

But I would not count Vidor out, at all.  Neither of Vidor's game have been even as close as the score indicates.  CB is better than SF or BC, but CB needs to be about 40 points better than both of them for this to be close. 

Vidor is healthy.  And they have not played as good as they can play yet.  So far, the turnovers and mistakes have been easily overcome.  That may not be the case on Friday. 

If I had to make a prediction, I would say that both Kickers will be involved in the game on Friday.  And that both Kickers will have 2 or 3 FGs.  I think Vidor will be able to eek out 1 more TD than CB, and so I will say Vidor will win 27-23. 

[quote name="daddy23" post="1267729" timestamp="1347395789"]
I think it is very hard to compare 2 teams so early in the season.  But isn't that what makes message boards! 

[b]I had heard on this board that Sante Fe and Clear Brook were competitive in their scrimmage[/b].  From what I was able to see, that was not the case.  Clear Brook was clearly the better team.  And while I know that it is only a scrimmage, I would expect a much better team than Sante Fe on Friday night.

One other thing to take away from the scrimmage was that the offense and the defense wore different colors for Clear Brook.  And for most of the night (and even then with rare exception), the players only played on Offense or Defense.  This is a big difference for a 5A team vs Vidor.  Vidor will have a number of players seeing significant time on both sides of the ball.  This may be a big difference come crunch time.

Clear Brook almost beat LP.  CB attempted a 50 yd FG at the end of regulation.  And from the best I could tell it was just short a few yards.  CB did a good job of containing the LP offense.  And the LP offense used a lot of misdirection which could bode well for CB against Vidor.  In fact, of the 2 TDs that I saw CB give up in regulation, one of them was about a 40 yard, Half Back pass to a wide open WR (and I do not think that Vidor has that one in the playbook).  CB attempted their own HB pass with less success.  But LP moved the ball seemingly throughout the night.  CB came up big in the Red Zone with key stops and Takeaways. 

I have not seen any of the Seven Lakes game.

I think CB will be the fastest team that we have played so far this year and probably a little bit bigger.  They have 2 good RBs and from what I could tell multiple QBs that play as well.  There defense is big, fast and aggressive.  I thought #8, a defensive end, was quite the player.  It seemed like LP ran away from him more and more as the night went on. 

But I would not count Vidor out, at all.  Neither of Vidor's game have been even as close as the score indicates.  CB is better than SF or BC, but CB needs to be about 40 points better than both of them for this to be close. 

Vidor is healthy.  And they have not played as good as they can play yet.  So far, the turnovers and mistakes have been easily overcome.  That may not be the case on Friday. 

If I had to make a prediction, I would say that both Kickers will be involved in the game on Friday.  And that both Kickers will have 2 or 3 FGs.  I think Vidor will be able to eek out 1 more TD than CB, and so I will say Vidor will win 27-23.
[/quote]
That was me that said that but I thought I prefaced it by saying I only saw about 15 plays before I left. CB ended up wearing them out.

Believe me, I will not discount Vidor at all but this will not be Santa Fe either

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi