Jordan Ozen(Ozen) 17-29  415 yards  3 TD's
Jakobi Jones(Ozen)  5 catches 190 yards  1TD,  95 yd KO return TD

Nederland Defense- Washington 5 sacks, Couron 3 sacks

WOS D- Shutout LCM

[b]Vidor D- Shutout Santa Fe[/b]
[/quote]

Vidor only allowed 27 yds ([size=8pt]per Orange leader)[/size]

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1257734" timestamp="1346505913"]
I didn't witness it but anybody that can throw for over 400 yards on a 5A defense, has my vote. 

Ozens QB.
[/quote]
Amen! That's gotta be an Ozen record. Also have to consider J. Jones from Ozen too, bc he was responsible for almost half of those yards. Were these screen passes? Missed tackles? Just wondering if Jones created a lot of these yards by making WB's D miss? 415 yards on 17 completions tells me there were a lot of big plays.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1257555" timestamp="1346476425"]
Jordan Ozen(Ozen) 17-29  415 yards  3 TD's
Jakobi Jones(Ozen)  5 catches 190 yards  1TD,  95 yd KO return TD

Nederland Defense- Washington 5 sacks, Couron 3 sacks

WOS D- Shutout LCM

Vidor D- Shutout Santa Fe
[/quote]
these are all outstanding, hard to single out one

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1257751" timestamp="1346507429"]
[quote author=Big Ford link=topic=102385.msg1257734#msg1257734 date=1346505913]
I didn't witness it but anybody that can throw for over 400 yards on a 5A defense, has my vote. 

Ozens QB.
[/quote]
Amen! That's gotta be an Ozen record. Also have to consider J. Jones from Ozen too, bc he was responsible for almost half of those yards. Were these screen passes? Missed tackles? Just wondering if Jones created a lot of these yards by making WB's D miss? 415 yards on 17 completions tells me there were a lot of big plays.
[/quote]
Screens and short passes that their WRs took to the house. Mostly on 3rd and longs I might add. They ate us up with their speed and big plays. Caught us in a couple jail break blitzes also.

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1258452" timestamp="1346550119"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=102385.msg1257751#msg1257751 date=1346507429]
[quote author=Big Ford link=topic=102385.msg1257734#msg1257734 date=1346505913]

Ozens QB.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Screens and short passes that their WRs took to the house. Mostly on 3rd and longs I might add. They ate us up with their speed and big plays. Caught us in a couple jail break blitzes also.
[/quote]Since it sounds like a lot of individual effort, I would go with Jakobi Jones as offensive POTW. 5 catches for 195 yards and a touchdown, plus a 95 yd TD return against a 5A opponent gets my vote. 415 yards passing is still impressive!

I have much respect for Vidor, and I'm not trying to disrespect to Vidor by saying this. But you could make a strong case of Nederland's D being stronger this week than Vidor's D just based on the caliber of offenses. I don't know much about Santa Fe, but from what I heard they were pretty horrible. Just based on that I'd say Big Ned's D was stronger cause Crosby's offense was much better than Santa Fe's (based on what I heard). If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. Sept. 28th will be one of the best games of the year in SETX, no doubt about it.

[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEa0zMWXXg0S6fMw11Z4C9R6ONXOxtTYo_RnfLg23t3WuPTzydRA[/img]

[quote name="BigRed42" post="1258793" timestamp="1346598143"]
I have much respect for Vidor, and I'm not trying to disrespect to Vidor by saying this. But you could make a strong case of Nederland's D being stronger this week than Vidor's D just based on the caliber of offenses. I don't know much about Santa Fe, but from what I heard they were pretty horrible. Just based on that I'd say Big Ned's D was stronger cause Crosby's offense was much better than Santa Fe's (based on what I heard). If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. Sept. 28th will be one of the best games of the year in SETX, no doubt about it.

[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEa0zMWXXg0S6fMw11Z4C9R6ONXOxtTYo_RnfLg23t3WuPTzydRA[/img]
[/quote]
Ned faced a very good team in crosby and yes Sante Fe wasn't that great last year and they may not be very good this year but keeping a team to 24 yards and no touchdowns and no first downs till the second half when our backups were in is simply an amazing feat. Nederland defense did a great job but crosby still had 159 yards and 1 touchdown.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder