CLEAR BROOK VS. LA PORTE BROADCAST THREAD/LP SURVIVES IN OT! 20-14

[quote name="OlDawg" post="1261870" timestamp="1346944818"]
[quote author=pe2009 link=topic=102281.msg1261840#msg1261840 date=1346942838]
[quote author=bigd92 link=topic=102281.msg1261827#msg1261827 date=1346941955]
Cmon Blakey ; give credit to Laporte their Defense was stellar last year. they stopped Katy's potent offense. Katy has an awesome program and I like how they go about their business but they just ran into a buzzsaw and thats that .
[/quote]
It was an ugly game...neither team got anything going. LP won the game on the scoreboard...that's where it counted. It's not like they moved the ball either...take away the long punt return and LP dosent cross the 50 yard line....LP played their best that game...think it was the best game they played all year and won by 2. I know its early and both teams have a long way to go...but I would love to see a rematch....also, what's the status on Hoza Scott? Good to go?
[/quote]Really need to get off this stuff about a specific juvenile. This has been posted, tweeted, reposted, referred to, etc. When the talk was quelled on another site, it was carried over to this one. No issues discussing teams, performance, etc. No issues sparring with other adults. But, off-field suppositions/insinuations/issues/accusations without facts about minors should be out of bounds on public forums. JMHO.

As far as a game between the two, styles are somewhat similar. Would be fun if it happened. I'd love to see it in the new Dynamo Stadium. Reliant seemed kinda crowded to me--as a fan--seatwise.
[/quote]

I dont think he was asking what he did...I think he was just asking if he was going to be eligible to play for the rest of the year.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="OlDawg" post="1261870" timestamp="1346944818"]
Cmon Blakey ; give credit to Laporte their Defense was stellar last year. they stopped Katy's potent offense. Katy has an awesome program and I like how they go about their business but they just ran into a buzzsaw and thats that .
[/quote]
It was an ugly game...neither team got anything going. LP won the game on the scoreboard...that's where it counted. It's not like they moved the ball either...take away the long punt return and LP dosent cross the 50 yard line....LP played their best that game...think it was the best game they played all year and won by 2. I know its early and both teams have a long way to go...but I would love to see a rematch....also, what's the status on Hoza Scott? Good to go?
[/quote]Really need to get off this stuff about a specific juvenile. This has been posted, tweeted, reposted, referred to, etc. When the talk was quelled on another site, it was carried over to this one. No issues discussing teams, performance, etc. No issues sparring with other adults. But, off-field suppositions/insinuations/issues/accusations without facts about minors should be out of bounds on public forums. JMHO.

As far as a game between the two, styles are somewhat similar. Would be fun if it happened. I'd love to see it in the new Dynamo Stadium. Reliant seemed kinda crowded to me--as a fan--seatwise.
[/quote]
I havent heard anything about him other than he wasnt playing...sorry if it struck a nerve

[quote name="pe2009" post="1261884" timestamp="1346946071"]
[quote author=OlDawg link=topic=102281.msg1261870#msg1261870 date=1346944818]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I havent heard anything about him other than he wasnt playing...sorry if it struck a nerve
[/quote]I'm not kin. I just know that IF there were UIL issues, they'd be private, and IF there were legal issues, minors would be involved--and it would be private. IF it's an injury, that's not to be posted either. Any way you go about it, it's a wait for gameday statement unless it's been verified and vetted. Yes?  ;)

[quote name="OlDawg" post="1261891" timestamp="1346946407"]
[quote author=pe2009 link=topic=102281.msg1261884#msg1261884 date=1346946071]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]I'm not kin. I just knw that IF there were UIL issues, they'd be private, and IF there were legal issues, minors would be involved. IF it's an injury, that's not to be posted either. Any way you go about it, it's a wait for gameday statement unless it's been verified and vetted. Yes?  ;)
[/quote]

Not necassarily.  If there is a public source or publication noting the incident...free to talk about and post.  Looks like he will get a second chance...sounds like he is expected to play this week.

[quote name="BlakeJ" post="1261893" timestamp="1346946529"]
[quote author=OlDawg link=topic=102281.msg1261891#msg1261891 date=1346946407]
[quote author=pe2009 link=topic=102281.msg1261884#msg1261884 date=1346946071]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]I'm not kin. I just knw that IF there were UIL issues, they'd be private, and IF there were legal issues, minors would be involved. IF it's an injury, that's not to be posted either. Any way you go about it, it's a wait for gameday statement unless it's been verified and vetted. Yes?  ;)
[/quote]

Not necassarily.  If there is a public source or publication noting the incident...free to talk about and post.  Looks like he will get a second chance...sounds like he is expected to play this week.
[/quote]Then, you have found the answer you've sought on so many other sites.  :)

[quote name="BlakeJ" post="1261815" timestamp="1346941281"]
[quote author=LP0175 link=topic=102281.msg1261648#msg1261648 date=1346902093]
I do believe that blakej is living in last year. He has not moved on from November when La Porte defeated Katy in the quarter finals setting up a District 21-5A regional championship game.  I do too fondly remember the mood of the katy Red as the clock struck 000.  "We just lost to La Porte. A team we beat twice before and a team that should have knew they were playing [b]Blakej[/b]."  Well inll tell you this, I still respect the Katy program despite [b]Al Bundy a.k.a Blakej[/b]. If they so happen to be a regional representative then I will do what I have in the past and root them on just as I secretly did for PAM  :-Xdont tell the Titan fans this, it'll be the death of me.
[/quote]

Dude you guys dont get it.  It has nothing to do with any hard feelings about La Porte beating Katy.  Why dont you ask the Pearland fans the admiration the Oilers got from me and most all Katy fans after they beat us?  Ask Abilene the same.  Why?  They beat us at our best.  It wasnt in the middle of a hurricane.  It wasnt while our best player was out for the season.  It wasnt on the same night that execution was the worst it has been in 4-5 years.  Those teams beat us at our best.  La Porte didn't.  9-7.  La Porte scored more points (9) then they had in the previous 2 Katy/La Porte meetings combined.  9 points is La Portes best against Katy.  La Porte beat Katy on its best day against a Katy defense (9 freakin points) while Katy had it's worst offensive execution in 5 years.  Congrats on that win...wouldnt expect it again...well atleast for another 5 years or so.

Never forget.  You are the La Porte Bulldogs.  The doormat to every Division 2 Region 3 Champion.  Good teams dont lose by 30 points in the playoffs every year.  I dont care who you are playing.
[/quote]

Date

Opponent

Result

08/267:00 PM

North Shore (Houston, TX)
Preview Game
Box Score

34 - 6 Win

09/027:00 PM

@ Alief Taylor (Houston, TX)
Preview Game
Box Score

31 - 0 Win

09/17TBA

West Brook (Beaumont, TX)
Preview Game
Box Score

42 - 7 Win

09/237:00 PM

Seven Lakes (Katy, TX) *
Preview Game
Box Score

46 - 7 Win

09/307:30 PM

@ Strake Jesuit (Houston, TX) *

Details: Rice Stadium
Preview Game
Box Score

55 - 3 Win

10/067:00 PM

@ Morton Ranch (Katy, TX) *
Preview Game
Box Score

45 - 7 Win

10/137:00 PM

@ Mayde Creek (Houston, TX) *
Preview Game
Box Score

52 - 0 Win

10/217:00 PM

@ Memorial (Houston, TX) *
Preview Game
Box Score

45 - 0 Win

10/2911:00 AM

Katy Taylor (Katy, TX)
Preview Game
Box Score

52 - 14 Win

11/0511:00 AM

@ Cinco Ranch (Katy, TX) *

Details: Rhodes Stadium
Preview Game
Box Score

38 - 7 Win

11/10TBA

Madison (Houston, TX) ***

UIL 2011 Texas High School Football Playoff Brackets
Preview Game
Box Score

63 - 7 Win

11/18TBA

Cy-Woods (Cypress, TX) ***

Details: Berry Stadium

Preview Game
Box Score

44 - 30 Win

11/26TBA

La Porte (La Porte, TX) ***

Preview Game
Box Score

9 - 7 Loss

i'll give you a second to analyze that 2011 katy tigers schedule. notice something exciting about that schedule? Hint: Your lowest offensive result was 34 points, 1) week 1 2) a district 21-5A opponent.

allow me to make a few key points. katy beat some good teams that year.  Two of your opponents are opponents of La Porte. And both of those teams you beat with a high offensive output and solid defense. So did La Porte.  Katy was solid on both sides of the ball as oppose to La Porte's Darkside greatly outplayed our offense all season long.  Leading into the La Porte game katy offense averaged 44 points per game. Katy scored 63 and 44 points in the two previous play-off games.  YOU SCORED 7 AGAINST THE DARKSIDE!!!! 7, with a superior offense than what La Porte had. 

Katy went against the wind just as we did, katy had redzone opportunities just as we did, and you even had a drive with good enough time to score a field goal or touchdown. Haack threw and interception and thats that.

BLAKEJ, THE MORE I SPEAK TO YOU, THE MORE Y

[quote name="LP0175" post="1261988" timestamp="1346954064"]
[quote author=BlakeJ link=topic=102281.msg1261815#msg1261815 date=1346941281]
[quote author=LP0175 link=topic=102281.msg1261648#msg1261648 date=1346902093]
I do believe that blakej is living in last year. He has not moved on from November when La Porte defeated Katy in the quarter finals setting up a District 21-5A regional championship game.  I do too fondly remember the mood of the katy Red as the clock struck 000.  "We just lost to La Porte. A team we beat twice before and a team that should have knew they were playing [b]Blakej[/b]."  Well inll tell you this, I still respect the Katy program despite [b]Al Bundy a.k.a Blakej[/b]. If they so happen to be a regional representative then I will do what I have in the past and root them on just as I secretly did for PAM  :-Xdont tell the Titan fans this, it'll be the death of me.
[/quote]

Dude you guys dont get it.  It has nothing to do with any hard feelings about La Porte beating Katy.  Why dont you ask the Pearland fans the admiration the Oilers got from me and most all Katy fans after they beat us?  Ask Abilene the same.  Why?  They beat us at our best.  It wasnt in the middle of a hurricane.  It wasnt while our best player was out for the season.  It wasnt on the same night that execution was the worst it has been in 4-5 years.  Those teams beat us at our best.  La Porte didn't.  9-7.  La Porte scored more points (9) then they had in the previous 2 Katy/La Porte meetings combined.  9 points is La Portes best against Katy.  La Porte beat Katy on its best day against a Katy defense (9 freakin points) while Katy had it's worst offensive execution in 5 years.  Congrats on that win...wouldnt expect it again...well atleast for another 5 years or so.

Never forget.  You are the La Porte Bulldogs.  The doormat to every Division 2 Region 3 Champion.  Good teams dont lose by 30 points in the playoffs every year.  I dont care who you are playing.
[/quote]

Date

Opponent

Result

08/267:00 PM

North Shore (Houston, TX)
Preview Game
Box Score

34 - 6 Win

09/027:00 PM

@ Alief Taylor (Houston, TX)
Preview Game
Box Score

31 - 0 Win

09/17TBA

West Brook (Beaumont, TX)
Preview Game
Box Score

42 - 7 Win

09/237:00 PM

Seven Lakes (Katy, TX) *
Preview Game
Box Score

46 - 7 Win

09/307:30 PM

@ Strake Jesuit (Houston, TX) *

Details: Rice Stadium
Preview Game
Box Score

55 - 3 Win

10/067:00 PM

@ Morton Ranch (Katy, TX) *
Preview Game
Box Score

45 - 7 Win

10/137:00 PM

@ Mayde Creek (Houston, TX) *
Preview Game
Box Score

52 - 0 Win

10/217:00 PM

@ Memorial (Houston, TX) *
Preview Game
Box Score

45 - 0 Win

10/2911:00 AM

Katy Taylor (Katy, TX)
Preview Game
Box Score

52 - 14 Win

11/0511:00 AM

@ Cinco Ranch (Katy, TX) *

Details: Rhodes Stadium
Preview Game
Box Score

38 - 7 Win

11/10TBA

Madison (Houston, TX) ***

Preview Game
Box Score

63 - 7 Win

11/18TBA

Cy-Woods (Cypress, TX) ***

Details: Berry Stadium

Preview Game
Box Score

44 - 30 Win

11/26TBA

La Porte (La Porte, TX) ***

Preview Game
Box Score

9 - 7 Loss

i'll give you a second to analyze that 2011 katy tigers schedule. notice something exciting about that schedule? Hint: Your lowest offensive result was 34 points, 1) week 1 2) a district 21-5A opponent.

allow me to make a few key points. katy beat some good teams that year.  Two of your opponents are opponents of La Porte. And both of those teams you beat with a high offensive output and solid defense. So did La Porte.  Katy was solid on both sides of the ball as oppose to La Porte's Darkside greatly outplayed our offense all season long.  Leading into the La Porte game katy offense averaged 44 points per game. Katy scored 63 and 44 points in the two previous play-off games.  YOU SCORED 7 AGAINST THE DARKSIDE!!!! 7, with a superior offense than what La Porte had. 

Katy went against the wind just as we did, katy had redzone opportunities just as we did, and you even had a drive with good enough time to score a field goal or touchdown. Haack threw and interception and thats that.

[/quote] 8)

[quote name="BlakeJ" post="1261820" timestamp="1346941473"]
Here is the hard part about being a Katy fan.  Any time you say something negative about any team...it turns into..."You're just jealous we beat you in............."

Lufkin fans are still claiming we're jealous of the 1950's.

It's never just because we have an opinion like everyone else.  I'm very critical of my own team as well...not just other teams.

My thinking that La Porte is vastly overrated this year has nothing to do with 9-7.  I promise you that.
[/quote]
I've noticed that also.....win teams beat Katy...they hang on to it. They say it's "Just another game"...but they will talk about it forever. Woodlands, Lufkin, Cy-Falls, Clear Lake and Now La Porte. It's a sign of how good Katy's program is...beat Katy, your year is made. The Woodlands BEAT Katy....LaPorte won the game with Katy...IMO Hopefully the LP players aren't satisfied like the fans are...other teams wont lay down because you beat Katy, as Pam showed last season.

South Houston shouldnt put up much of a fight....but I said the same about CB

[quote name="pe2009" post="1262004" timestamp="1346955619"]
[quote author=BlakeJ link=topic=102281.msg1261820#msg1261820 date=1346941473]
Here is the hard part about being a Katy fan.  Any time you say something negative about any team...it turns into..."You're just jealous we beat you in............."

It's never just because we have an opinion like everyone else.  I'm very critical of my own team as well...not just other teams.

My thinking that La Porte is vastly overrated this year has nothing to do with 9-7.  I promise you that.
[/quote]
I've noticed that also.....win teams beat Katy...they hang on to it. They say it's "Just another game"...but they will talk about it forever. Woodlands, Lufkin, Cy-Falls, Clear Lake and Now La Porte. It's a sign of how good Katy's program is...beat Katy, your year is made. The Woodlands BEAT Katy....LaPorte won the game with Katy...IMO Hopefully the LP players aren't satisfied like the fans are...other teams wont lay down because you beat Katy, as Pam showed last season.

[/quote]Every gameday is a different gameday. Which of the teams you mentioned ended a Katy PO run? This being said, one team's a constant. We could argue all day long about SOS, etc. but, that's not important is it? Teams play on specific days. Better team wins that day. End. The rest is just conjecture and supposition. Makes fans feel good.

I'd feel good about saying LP will win this week.

[quote name="LP0175" post="1261988" timestamp="1346954064"]

[/quote]

Yeah you went against the wind just like Katy.  The difference is Katy had a QB that could throw a ball further than 10 yards....La Porte didnt.  The passing game was a HUGE part of Katy's offense last year.  The weather took away a District MVP.  2,000 yards passing. 30+ TD passes.  Not to mention Jordan Thompson now a starting WR at West Virginia.  Its easy to claim defensive dominance when the weather forces the ball out of those guys hands and away from their best efforts.

A game in which the weather neutralizes the passing game is always going to favor La Porte's chances more than Katy's.  You know that...I know that...everyone knows that.

I just continue to ask you to never forget who you are.  La Porte.  "Doormat of Division 2 Region 3 Champions."  Good programs don't lose playoff games every year by 30 points.  Especially in the weakness known as D2R3.

[quote name="OlDawg" post="1262023" timestamp="1346957126"]
[quote author=pe2009 link=topic=102281.msg1262004#msg1262004 date=1346955619]

[/quote]

[/quote]Every gameday is a different gameday. Which of the teams you mentioned ended a Katy PO run? This being said, one team's a constant. We could argue all day long about SOS, etc. but, that's not important is it? Teams play on specific days. Better team wins that day. End.
[/quote]
Clear Lake, Cy-falls, Pearland....ended Katy's season before the title game....Clear Lake and LP are the only two not to make it to the title game after ending Katy's season....it's rare, thats why it lingers. SOS is usless in HS.......just like saying Katy ONLY scored 34 on NS because they were from 21-5A.....like you say..Better teams win that day...BUT....heres the catch....looking AT the game...looking at the Stats...it's hard to say LP was "Better".....but they won the game..that's why they play the game....I expect Katy to be Katy.....interested on seeing what this does for LP from here on out...they have the attention of the state now.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1261997" timestamp="1346954451"]
8)
[/quote]

Garrity...your posting style here seems to be a bit different than on the 5a board.  How come?

Don't get me wrong...you're the ultimate sack rider on this forum as well...but you're not out to act a fool and make people mad here like you do on the other site.

[quote name="pe2009" post="1262033" timestamp="1346957748"]Clear Lake, Cy-falls, Pearland....ended Katy's season before the title game....Clear Lake and LP are the only two not to make it to the title game after ending Katy's season....it's rare, thats why it lingers. SOS is usless in HS.......just like saying Katy ONLY scored 34 on NS because they were from 21-5A.....like you say..Better teams win that day...BUT....heres the catch....looking AT the game...looking at the Stats...it's hard to say LP was "Better".....but they won the game..that's why they play the game....I expect Katy to be Katy.....[u][b]interested on seeing what this does for LP from here on out[/b][/u]...they have the attention of the state now.
[/quote]

Im going to go out on a limb here and say that they continue to lose playoff games by large margins.  Thats what La Porte does when it counts most.

[quote name="BlakeJ" post="1262031" timestamp="1346957677"]
[quote author=LP0175 link=topic=102281.msg1261988#msg1261988 date=1346954064]

[/quote]

Yeah you went against the wind just like Katy.  The difference is Katy had a QB that could throw a ball further than 10 yards....La Porte didnt.  The passing game was a HUGE part of Katy's offense last year.  The weather took away a District MVP.  2,000 yards passing. 30+ TD passes.  Not to mention Jordan Thompson now a starting WR at West Virginia.  Its easy to claim defensive dominance when the weather forces the ball out of those guys hands and away from their best efforts.

A game in which the weather neutralizes the passing game is always going to favor La Porte's chances more than Katy's.  You know that...I know that...everyone knows that.

I just continue to ask you to never forget who you are.  La Porte.  "Doormat of Division 2 Region 3 Champions."  Good programs don't lose playoff games every year by 30 points.  Especially in the weakness known as D2R3.
[/quote]
It was a defensive game....shame someone had to lose..
First Downs: Katy 7 LP 7
Total yards: Katy 144 LP 122

Good ol fashion football game....LP had the numbers that mattered in the end 9-7....

[quote name="pe2009" post="1262033" timestamp="1346957748"]
[quote author=OlDawg link=topic=102281.msg1262023#msg1262023 date=1346957126]

[/quote]

[/quote]Every gameday is a different gameday. Which of the teams you mentioned ended a Katy PO run? This being said, one team's a constant. We could argue all day long about SOS, etc. but, that's not important is it? Teams play on specific days. Better team wins that day. End.
[/quote]
Clear Lake, Cy-falls, Pearland....ended Katy's season before the title game....Clear Lake and LP are the only two not to make it to the title game after ending Katy's season....it's rare, thats why it lingers. SOS is usless in HS.......just like saying Katy ONLY scored 34 on NS because they were from 21-5A.....like you say..Better teams win that day...BUT....heres the catch....looking AT the game...looking at the Stats...it's hard to say LP was "Better".....but they won the game..that's why they play the game....I expect Katy to be Katy.....interested on seeing what this does for LP from here on out...they have the attention of the state now.
[/quote]I would almost swear I know you.  ;)
I find it funny when Katy fans are posting anything and everything about LP. Worried? PAM might well be the opponent.  I'd suggest worrying about the next opponent vs. worrying about off-field, weather, had to take a dump issues. Tough game coming up against TWHS.

[quote name="OlDawg" post="1262042" timestamp="1346958196"]
[quote author=pe2009 link=topic=102281.msg1262033#msg1262033 date=1346957748]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
naaaaa...just some beer bellied , slackjawed yodel with no life spending most of his time watching teenage boys on weekends.......Kinda sick when you put it that way huh? :)

[quote name="pe2009" post="1262048" timestamp="1346958391"]
[quote author=OlDawg link=topic=102281.msg1262042#msg1262042 date=1346958196]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
naaaaa...just some beer bellied , slackjawed yodel with no life spending most of his time watching teenage boys on weekends.......Kinda sick when you put it that way huh? :)
[/quote]Maybe for you. I consider it a great way to support a community and enjoy a night out with old friends that I don't get to see very often. You have a different agenda?

[quote name="songone" post="1262059" timestamp="1346959004"]
[quote author=LP0175 link=topic=102281.msg1262052#msg1262052 date=1346958620]
ALL ANSWERS WILL BE REVEALED AT THE END OF  THE SEASON.  The DARKSIDE will be tops and the offense will suprise. First we beat Deer Park, and then PAM and then our play-off opponents.
[/quote]What about NS?
[/quote]
I like NS....changing the opening game gives them confidence...and with the team they have...that's scary. Gonna be a great game vs Manvel

[quote name="OlDawg" post="1262061" timestamp="1346959256"]
[quote author=pe2009 link=topic=102281.msg1262048#msg1262048 date=1346958391]
[quote author=OlDawg link=topic=102281.msg1262042#msg1262042 date=1346958196]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]Maybe for you. I consider it a great way to support a community and enjoy a night out with old friends that I don't get to see very often. You have a different agenda?
[/quote]
Lol...naaah...just using a little sarasm...I love HS football!

ALL ANSWERS WILL BE REVEALED AT THE END OF  THE SEASON.  The DARKSIDE will be tops and the offense will suprise. First we beat Deer Park, and then PAM and then our play-off opponents.
[/quote]What about NS?
[/quote]

La Porte dismissed them to.  Noone stops the Dark Bunghole defense.

Oh yeah...Manvel sucks as well.  They havent proven nothing in 5a.  You have to lose five or more playoff games by 30 points in order to welcome your stay.

[/quote]What about NS?
[/quote]

If they take out Manvel like they did Clear Springs they will have to be considered the favorite in 21-5A IMO.

[/quote]What about NS?
[/quote]Those that have been paying attention have--maybe--mentioned that 2012/13 would be very talented NS squads. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298