CLEAR BROOK VS. LA PORTE BROADCAST THREAD/LP SURVIVES IN OT! 20-14

[quote name="BlakeJ" post="1261169" timestamp="1346868509"]
[quote author=LP0175 link=topic=102281.msg1261167#msg1261167 date=1346868352]
[quote author=BlakeJ link=topic=102281.msg1261163#msg1261163 date=1346868017]
[quote author=LP0175 link=topic=102281.msg1261153#msg1261153 date=1346867569]
must be an outcast Katy fan. all the ones i have meet exhibit this new behavior called respect.  ;)
[/quote]

I dont think Katy is all that.  Matter of fact I dont think they are even great.  Good not great...certainly better than La Porte and PAM though.
[/quote]

Katy is a big ISD....Morton Rach OR Seven Lakes? IMO you must be a Mayde Creek fan posting as a Tiger. to that i say "to each their own".
[/quote]

Big ISD...lots of kids...all of whom are smart enough to NOT dip into steroids.  ;)
[/quote] ::) yeah OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="lpbulldogblog" post="1261198" timestamp="1346870126"]
That's cool with me.

I do this for the kids and helping them be seen by as many people as possible so they can get their college paid for.  I'm not paid and I don't have any affiliation with the high school.
[/quote]and im sure LaPorte appreciates all that you do.  8)

[quote name="ThaGhost(P.A. ALL DAY)" post="1261191" timestamp="1346869785"]
You Mods going to be busy today
[/quote]

If this guy wants to make posts trashing this website and promoting another, then he is not a very smart person.

Will not be around long.

BTW, as far as traffic, hits per month, membership, etc. etc., this site blows away that other site and we have only been in business half as long as them.

Their membership in 14 years, little over 10,000. Our membership in less than 7 years, over 24,000.

Besides, that "other" site almost closed shop this year. ::)

I like that other site, good stuff over there, but let's don't be silly enough to make comparisons. No comp! ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1261206" timestamp="1346870651"]
[quote author=ThaGhost(P.A. ALL DAY) link=topic=102281.msg1261191#msg1261191 date=1346869785]
[/quote]

If this guy wants to make posts trashing this website and promoting another, then he is not a very smart person.

Will not be around long.

BTW, as far as traffic, hits per month, membership, etc. etc., this site blows away that other site and we have only been in business half as long as them.

[b]Their membership in 14 years, little over 10,000. Our membership in less than 7 years, over 24,000[/b].

I like that other site, good stuff over there, but let's don't be silly enough to make comparisons. No comp! ;)
[/quote]Numbers dont lie folks.  ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1261206" timestamp="1346870651"]
[quote author=ThaGhost(P.A. ALL DAY) link=topic=102281.msg1261191#msg1261191 date=1346869785]
[/quote]

[b]If this guy wants to make posts trashing this website and promoting another, then he is not a very smart person.

Will not be around long.[/b]

Their membership in 14 years, little over 10,000. Our membership in less than 7 years, over 24,000.

[/quote]

Got my vote! Oh wait, I don't have one

[quote name="The GOAT" post="1261199" timestamp="1346870220"]
[quote author=BlakeJ link=topic=102281.msg1261169#msg1261169 date=1346868509]
[quote author=LP0175 link=topic=102281.msg1261167#msg1261167 date=1346868352]
[quote author=BlakeJ link=topic=102281.msg1261163#msg1261163 date=1346868017]
[quote author=LP0175 link=topic=102281.msg1261153#msg1261153 date=1346867569]
must be an outcast Katy fan. all the ones i have meet exhibit this new behavior called respect.  ;)
[/quote]

I dont think Katy is all that.  Matter of fact I dont think they are even great.  Good not great...certainly better than La Porte and PAM though.
[/quote]

Katy is a big ISD....Morton Rach OR Seven Lakes? IMO you must be a Mayde Creek fan posting as a Tiger. to that i say "to each their own".
[/quote]

[b]Big ISD...lots of kids...all of whom are smart enough to NOT dip into steroids[/b].  ;)
[/quote] ::) yeah OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]well i missed this one, i must have skipped a page. what is that all about??

[quote name="BlakeJ" post="1261225" timestamp="1346872099"]
Thank you to the Admin who reinstated me after the account missunderstanding.  I learned 2 things through my short banning.

I think you forgot someone!

[b]1) KATY  sucks MORE[/b]
2) La Porte  sucks less
3)PAM doesn't suck

Hey that's also the way they exited last seasons PO's

8)
[/quote]

[quote name="ThaGhost(P.A. ALL DAY)" post="1261244" timestamp="1346872939"]
[quote author=BlakeJ link=topic=102281.msg1261225#msg1261225 date=1346872099]
Thank you to the Admin who reinstated me after the account missunderstanding.  I learned 2 things through my short banning.

2) La Porte  sucks less
3)PAM doesn't suck

8)
[/quote]
[/quote] +1

[quote name="BlakeJ" post="1261225" timestamp="1346872099"]

1) PAM still sucks
2) La Porte still sucks

8)
[/quote]
My Lord they should not give computers to the junior high kids over there......see what they do with their time?

2) La Porte  sucks less
3)PAM doesn't suck

8)
[/quote]
[/quote]

I wonder what Katy would have done to Clear Brook and Beaumont Central last weekend.  I know Klein isnt even close to the caliber of those 2 fine programs...but I'd like to say it wouldn't have gone to the wire or OT.

Katy would have been lucky to beat them.

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1261254" timestamp="1346873404"]

1) PAM still sucks
2) La Porte still sucks

8)
[/quote]
My Lord they should not give computers to the junior high kids over there......see what they do with their time?
[/quote]

Leave those little kids alone weirdo.

[b]2) PAM sucks[/b]
[b]3) La Porte is great[/b]

8)
[/quote]
[/quote]

I do believe that blakej is living in last year. He has not moved on from November when La Porte defeated Katy in the quarter finals setting up a District 21-5A regional championship game.  I do too fondly remember the mood of the katy Red as the clock struck 000.  "We just lost to La Porte. A team we beat twice before and a team that should have knew they were playing [b]Blakej[/b]."  Well inll tell you this, I still respect the Katy program despite [b]Al Bundy a.k.a Blakej[/b]. If they so happen to be a regional representative then I will do what I have in the past and root them on just as I secretly did for PAM  :-Xdont tell the Titan fans this, it'll be the death of me.

[u][/u][quote name="LP0175" post="1261648" timestamp="1346902093"]
I do believe that blakej is living in last year. He has not moved on from November when La Porte defeated Katy in the quarter finals setting up a District 21-5A regional championship game.  I do too fondly remember the mood of the katy Red as the clock struck 000.  "We just lost to La Porte. A team we beat twice before and a team that should have knew they were playing [b]Blakej[/b]."  Well inll tell you this, I still respect the Katy program despite [b]Al Bundy a.k.a Blakej[/b]. If they so happen to be a regional representative then I will do what I have in the past and root them on just as [u][b]I secretly did for PAM  :-Xdont tell the Titan fans this, it'll be the death of me.[/b][/u]
[/quote]

I thought I saw you with a "Rowdy Red" shirt the following week! Don't worry, I'm no snitch!

[quote name="ThaGhost(P.A. ALL DAY)" post="1261683" timestamp="1346903554"]
[u][/u][quote author=LP0175 link=topic=102281.msg1261648#msg1261648 date=1346902093]
I do believe that blakej is living in last year. He has not moved on from November when La Porte defeated Katy in the quarter finals setting up a District 21-5A regional championship game.  I do too fondly remember the mood of the katy Red as the clock struck 000.  "We just lost to La Porte. A team we beat twice before and a team that should have knew they were playing [b]Blakej[/b]."  Well inll tell you this, I still respect the Katy program despite [b]Al Bundy a.k.a Blakej[/b]. If they so happen to be a regional representative then I will do what I have in the past and root them on just as [u][b]I secretly did for PAM  :-Xdont tell the Titan fans this, it'll be the death of me.[/b][/u]
[/quote]

I thought I saw you with a "Rowdy Red" shirt the following week! Don't worry, I'm no snitch!
[/quote]

SNITCHES GETS STITCHES  ;D I'm kidding.

[quote name="LP0175" post="1261648" timestamp="1346902093"]
I do believe that blakej is living in last year. He has not moved on from November when La Porte defeated Katy in the quarter finals setting up a District 21-5A regional championship game.  I do too fondly remember the mood of the katy Red as the clock struck 000.  "We just lost to La Porte. A team we beat twice before and a team that should have knew they were playing [b]Blakej[/b]."  Well inll tell you this, I still respect the Katy program despite [b]Al Bundy a.k.a Blakej[/b]. If they so happen to be a regional representative then I will do what I have in the past and root them on just as I secretly did for PAM  :-Xdont tell the Titan fans this, it'll be the death of me.
[/quote]

Dude you guys dont get it.  It has nothing to do with any hard feelings about La Porte beating Katy.  Why dont you ask the Pearland fans the admiration the Oilers got from me and most all Katy fans after they beat us?  Ask Abilene the same.  Why?  They beat us at our best.  It wasnt in the middle of a hurricane.  It wasnt while our best player was out for the season.  It wasnt on the same night that execution was the worst it has been in 4-5 years.  Those teams beat us at our best.  La Porte didn't.  9-7.  La Porte scored more points (9) then they had in the previous 2 Katy/La Porte meetings combined.  9 points is La Portes best against Katy.  La Porte beat Katy on its best day against a Katy defense (9 freakin points) while Katy had it's worst offensive execution in 5 years.  Congrats on that win...wouldnt expect it again...well atleast for another 5 years or so.

Never forget.  You are the La Porte Bulldogs.  The doormat to every Division 2 Region 3 Champion.  Good teams dont lose by 30 points in the playoffs every year.  I dont care who you are playing.

Here is the hard part about being a Katy fan.  Any time you say something negative about any team...it turns into..."You're just jealous we beat you in............."

Lufkin fans are still claiming we're jealous of the 1950's.

It's never just because we have an opinion like everyone else.  I'm very critical of my own team as well...not just other teams.

My thinking that La Porte is vastly overrated this year has nothing to do with 9-7.  I promise you that.

[quote name="bigd92" post="1261827" timestamp="1346941955"]
Cmon Blakey ; give credit to Laporte their Defense was stellar last year. they stopped Katy's potent offense. Katy has an awesome program and I like how they go about their business but they just ran into a buzzsaw and thats that .
[/quote]
It was an ugly game...neither team got anything going. LP won the game on the scoreboard...that's where it counted. It's not like they moved the ball either...take away the long punt return and LP dosent cross the 50 yard line....LP played their best that game...think it was the best game they played all year and won by 2. I know its early and both teams have a long way to go...but I would love to see a rematch....also, what's the status on Hoza Scott? Good to go?

[quote name="bigd92" post="1261827" timestamp="1346941955"]
Cmon Blakey ; give credit to Laporte their Defense was stellar last year. they stopped Katy's potent offense. Katy has an awesome program and I like how they go about their business but they just ran into a buzzsaw and thats that .
[/quote]

Dont get me wrong...La Portes defense was great last year....but you cant ignore the weather....and the fact that they got smashed the next weekend and gave up over 30 again.

From an outsiders point of view...I can see how its easy for someone to say "La Portes Defense stopped Katy"  But from an insiders point of view who has watched Katy every week....knows how they operate...and can tell more of it was execution on Katy's part and the weather completely wiping out the Katy passing game.  Reember...La Porte played a team that was down Adam Taylor their best Running Back...and leaning on a freshman RB.  Down Aaron Sowell their best OLinemen...and also with the weather holding Katy's best player and District MVP Brooks Haack neutral.  Those are big time factors....whether you want to admit it or not.  Whether you're a Katy fan, PAM fan, or La Porte fan...wherever you are.  You cant ignore those key factors.

Everything was setup perfectly for the upset.  If La Portes defense is was so stout and the reason Katy scored 7 points...they wouldnt have gotten humiliated by PAM the very next weekend.

[quote name="pe2009" post="1261840" timestamp="1346942838"]
[quote author=bigd92 link=topic=102281.msg1261827#msg1261827 date=1346941955]
[/quote]
It was an ugly game...neither team got anything going. LP won the game on the scoreboard...that's where it counted. It's not like they moved the ball either...take away the long punt return and LP dosent cross the 50 yard line....LP played their best that game...think it was the best game they played all year and won by 2. I know its early and both teams have a long way to go...but I would love to see a rematch....also, what's the status on Hoza Scott? Good to go?
[/quote]Really need to get off this stuff about a specific juvenile. This has been posted, tweeted, reposted, referred to, etc. When the talk was quelled on another site, it was carried over to this one. No issues discussing teams, performance, etc. No issues sparring with other adults. But, off-field suppositions/insinuations/issues/accusations without facts about minors should be out of bounds on public forums. JMHO.

As far as a game between the two, styles are somewhat similar. Would be fun if it happened. I'd love to see it in the new Dynamo Stadium. Reliant seemed kinda crowded to me--as a fan--seatwise.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476