PN-G at Silsbee Predictions

I expect our offense to look better than the scrimmage reports because Silsbee's defense doesn't return much and Texas City is a tougher opponent all the way around. The defense is going to have to step up to the plate because Silsbee seems to have a balanced offense with a versatile QB based on the previews.

21-17 PN-G

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think PNG is just too deep to loose against Silsbee. Almost double the school size, it is just hard to hang with alot more talent to pick from. Probably a good game but I don't think Silsbee will really get rolling until they work out some of the kinks. Raidernaytion comments are hilarious considering Lumberton's inability to beat Silsbee in football or basketball. I wonder what the standing record between the two schools are? Maybe Silsbee having triple the wins when the two have gone head up. Of course that is if he considers raidernation a good quality opponent.

[quote name="football2010" post="1252260" timestamp="1346051830"]
I think PNG is just too deep to loose against Silsbee. Almost double the school size, it is just hard to hang with alot more talent to pick from. Probably a good game but I don't think Silsbee will really get rolling until they work out some of the kinks. [b]Raidernaytion comments are hilarious considering Lumberton's inability to beat Silsbee in football or basketball. I wonder what the standing record between the two schools are? Maybe Silsbee having triple the wins when the two have gone head up. Of course that is if he considers raidernation a good quality opponent[/b].
[/quote]
???
Im just giving a honest unbiased opinion about PNG vs Silsbee .

[quote name="football2010" post="1252260" timestamp="1346051830"]
I think PNG is just too deep to loose against Silsbee. Almost double the school size, it is just hard to hang with alot more talent to pick from. Probably a good game but I don't think Silsbee will really get rolling until they work out some of the kinks. Raidernaytion comments are hilarious considering Lumberton's inability to beat Silsbee in football or basketball. I wonder what the standing record between the two schools are? Maybe Silsbee having triple the wins when the two have gone head up. Of course that is if he considers raidernation a good quality opponent.
[/quote]

or maybe he considers the district that both png and lumberton play in to be competitive?? our district is pretty much a dog fight every year. not taking anything away from 3A though

[quote name="Red and Blue" post="1252283" timestamp="1346061403"]
[quote author=football2010 link=topic=102063.msg1252260#msg1252260 date=1346051830]
[/quote]
or maybe he considers the district that both png and lumberton play in to be competitive?? our district is pretty much a dog fight every year. not taking anything away from 3A though
[/quote]
I don't think these raider fans are knocking Silsbee as much as they are praising PNG for it's typical schedule which includes Tx City, BH, Gregory Portland, Crosby, Summer Creek (this year) as well as the always tough 20-4A.

Silsbee allways has some great talent. What they lack is depth as do most 3A schools. Against other 3A's it usually isn't a big deal, but one thing PNG has allways been able to do is wear down opponents that have less depth. This may be the case come Friday night. Interested to see the Silsbee RB. I hear he is a beast. Should be a great test for our young defense. Better learn to wrap up and hold on!

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1251600" timestamp="1345988911"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=102063.msg1251593#msg1251593 date=1345987733]
Could be a good game! Good luck Tigers.
[/quote]

Great post, BadS.  You do your best work when you don't have an opinion. ;D
[/

Come on TV!

Yes Silsbee does have a very good running back and QB. The problem is if the Oline blocks well enough to give them room to operate. Silsbee's defense from what I hear isn't as strong as last year. With that being said, I hope the offense has the ability to move the chains and give them some time to recover. Go Tigers!

[quote name="NDNation" post="1252536" timestamp="1346083269"]
I'm biased..so....4 TD's for the Indians and 2TD's and maybe a field goal for Silsbee. I think with the game atmosphere, coming out of the tunnel with Cherokee blaring...boys will be pumped.
[/quote]

I've been to a few PNG games and Cherokee is blaring no matter what.  It doesn't matter if yall are up 50 or losing by 20 at the half.  Good thing it's a catchy little tune.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1252598" timestamp="1346087835"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=102063.msg1252536#msg1252536 date=1346083269]
I'm biased..so....4 TD's for the Indians and 2TD's and maybe a field goal for Silsbee. I think with the game atmosphere, coming out of the tunnel with Cherokee blaring...boys will be pumped.
[/quote]

I've been to a few PNG games and Cherokee is blaring no matter what.  It doesn't matter if yall are up 50 or losing by 20 at the half.  Good thing it's a catchy little tune.
[/quote]

;D

Short Cherokee is played every time PN-G makes a first down on offense, holds the opposing offense to a fourth down when on defense, after every touchdown, after every turnover and interception, and sometimes just after a big play that didn't necessarily gain anything. Long Cherokee comes at every run-through, during the Marching I (obviously), the end of every quarter, after every PAT attempt and field goal, one or two more times after the game ends and sometimes just when the band feels like it.

Also, back in the days when PN-G and WO-S were still in the same district, it was sometimes played just to upset Dan Hooks. ;D

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1252609" timestamp="1346088704"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=102063.msg1252598#msg1252598 date=1346087835]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=102063.msg1252536#msg1252536 date=1346083269]
[/quote]

[/quote]

;D

Short Cherokee is played every time PN-G makes a first down on offense, holds the opposing offense to a fourth down when on defense, after every touchdown, after every turnover and interception, and sometimes just after a big play that didn't necessarily gain anything. Long Cherokee comes at every run-through, during the Marching I (obviously), the end of every quarter, after every PAT attempt and field goal, one or two more times after the game ends and sometimes just when the band feels like it.

Also, back in the days when PN-G and WO-S were still in the same district, it was sometimes played just to upset Dan Hooks. ;D
[/quote]

LOL..Try eating some nachos when the Indians are on offense...nacho in hand on way to mouth...1st down...stand for Cherokee..cheese flying everywhere cause you started clapping before wiping. (If you got home and found cheese in your hair...SORRY!)

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="LP0175" post="1252679" timestamp="1346092531"]
PNG 21 Silsbee 17
[/quote]

Why do people just assume that 3-A schools have field goal kickers?

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="football04" post="1252668" timestamp="1346091644"]
With size of PNG's band and drill teams you better get there early if you want a seat. Nice stadium in Silsbee but Visitors side is a little small for a PNG crowd.
[/quote]

I bet that PNG doesn't fill it up!!!!!!

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1252760" timestamp="1346097804"]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=102063.msg1252668#msg1252668 date=1346091644]
With size of PNG's band and drill teams you better get there early if you want a seat. Nice stadium in Silsbee but Visitors side is a little small for a PNG crowd.
[/quote]

I bet that PNG doesn't fill it up!!!!!!
[/quote]

???

[quote name="NDNation" post="1252788" timestamp="1346099848"]
What????? I thought they didnt start selling till Tuesday. Couldnt get them when we got our season tickets. :-[
[/quote]

The season ticket allotment sold out. There's a general admission allotment of 1,000 tickets that will go on sale tomorrow in the field house at 8 AM.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1252793" timestamp="1346100160"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=102063.msg1252788#msg1252788 date=1346099848]
What????? I thought they didnt start selling till Tuesday. Couldnt get them when we got our season tickets. :-[
[/quote]

The season ticket allotment sold out. There's a general admission allotment of 1,000 tickets that will go on sale tomorrow in the field house at 8 AM.
[/quote]

At the field-house window....only 1,000...yep, will be sold out by noon.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1252801" timestamp="1346100719"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=102063.msg1252793#msg1252793 date=1346100160]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=102063.msg1252788#msg1252788 date=1346099848]
[/quote]

[/quote]

At the field-house window....only 1,000...yep, will be sold out by noon.
[/quote]

Good! I'm glad there's a fan base that brings and good as we bring. Here's to a packed Tiger Stadium.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder