***Great News*** Prayers Needed In Brenham (Updated 8/27/12)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From KWHI:

CUB FOOTBALL PLAYER SUFFERS STROKE
JUSTIN DAVIS RECOVERING IN ST. JOSEPH'S ICU

Brenham Cubs football standout Justin Davis is undergoing more surgery at a Bryan hospital after suffering an apparent stroke, Wednesday morning.

Justin Davis

He was then taken to St. Joseph’s where he underwent surgery Wednesday to remove a blood clot that had formed in his carotid artery.
        However Thursday morning Doctors determined that Davis' condition had not improved overnight.
        Doctors then performed a Craniotomy to try to relieve the pressure on his brain. 
        According to doctors at St. Joseph’s Davis’ stroke was not heat or athletics related, but —the type of stroke usually found in a much older person.
        Cubs Head Coach Glen West says Davis complained of a headache about 30 minutes after the team finished its Wednesday practice.  Tests for a possible concussion were negative.
        A short time later, West says Davis appeared to be fine—however, his condition quickly deteriorated and he was taken to the Scott and White Emergency Room, where tests revealed he had suffered a stroke.

Doctors told West that the odds are over one-in-a-million that a 17-year old suffer this type of stroke.
        Davis is entering his senior year as a starting defensive back and wide receiver for the Cubs.  He was an All-District defensive back in 2011 and as a wide receiver, caught five passes—one for a touchdown in the Cubs scrimmage with Manvel this past Friday.  According to rivals.com, Davis is being recruited by Arizona St., New Mexico St., Texas Tech and Utah. He is also the starting center for the Cubs district-champion basketball team.
        Justin is the son of Misty Davis of Brenham and Marlin Thomas of Dallas.
        Reverend Randy Wells has announced a prayer service will be held Thursday evening at St. John's AME Church of Brenham.  The service will begin at 7:00 and is open to the public.

I just want to thank everybody for their prayers.  I also wanna thank Houston's channel 11 news for covering this, and to the Round Rock Booster Club as they attempt to raise their goal of $500 at today's scrimmage.  Good luck to my Cubs this morning as they go into this scrimmage with heavy hearts.  God bless.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1249431" timestamp="1345758013"]
Brenham's (WR/S) Justin Davis is in ICU in Bryan after having a brain anyurism yesterday.  He had surgery this morning, but it didn't seem to help.  They will perform another surgery soon. 
Thank you....
[/quote]

Lord we lift up Justin Davis to you because we know you are the healer. We pray that you open doors that need to be opened and close doors that need to be close. We give you authority over his health Lord. Strengthen him physically, mentally and spiritually. Let your peace and LOVE come to him and his family. In Jesus name we pray.

[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1250062" timestamp="1345822500"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=101973.msg1249431#msg1249431 date=1345758013]
Brenham's (WR/S) Justin Davis is in ICU in Bryan after having a brain anyurism yesterday.  He had surgery this morning, but it didn't seem to help.  They will perform another surgery soon. 
Thank you....
[/quote]

Lord we lift up Justin Davis to you because we know you are the healer. We pray that you open doors that need to be opened and close doors that need to be close. We give you authority over his health Lord. Strengthen him physically, mentally and spiritually. Let your peace and LOVE come to him and his family. In Jesus name we pray.
[/quote]

Well said...  Amen

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1250073" timestamp="1345822962"]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=101973.msg1250062#msg1250062 date=1345822500]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=101973.msg1249431#msg1249431 date=1345758013]
Thank you....
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well said...  Amen
[/quote]

Amen and Amen and AMEN.

You can get updates about Davis here.... KWHI.com

A facebook page named, "Fundraiser For Justin Davis" has been set up with info and updates to come. 

Liltex asked me early if we were having any kind of benefit, so to him and anybody else that would like to, and can afford to help....  A Wells Fargo account is currently being set up to help his family with all of the medical expenses.  Also, "Team Justin" shirts are being designed and will be available soon.  I will post more info on this as soon as I get it.  Again setx, I wanna thank y'all.  God bless.

Lord you know Justin so much better than any of us. You know his sickness and the burden his family carries.You also know his heart Lord I ask that you be with him now Lord as you work in his lfe. Lord let your will be done in his life.
  Lord I pray for Justin just as your word tells me to pray. i believe you hear all our prayers for Justin and his family and how powerfull these prayers are because of your promise. We have faith in you Lord to heal Justin but, we also trust in the plans you have for his life.
  Lord we dont always understand your ways, and we dont know why Justin and his family has to suffer but, we trust you. I ask that you look upon them with mercy and grace towards Justin and his family. Nourish their spirit and souls in their time of need Lord and comfort them with your presense.

Amen

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder