Hamshire-Fannett/Deweyville/Kirbyville Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1246947" timestamp="1345319590"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=101770.msg1246923#msg1246923 date=1345317767]
so kville not holding their water with Deweyville[b]?[/b]  :o
[/quote]

He wasnt talking about kville..they wasnt playin...at least wait ur turn to throw ur unwanted remarks about until its time....geez
[/quote]you see whats in bold? it was a question, dont get sensitive yet, emphasis on [b]yet[/b]  ;)

In first team action Deweyville scored against Kville (without the startering TB). that's the only defense they faced before the qtr. Deweyville was not scored on in first team action. No one really moved the ball much against their D.

Besides all that its the first scrimmage so none of it counts.

Good first scrimmage for all 3 teams, yes Dville scored on Kville and no one scored on Dville 1's but all 3 teams had positives and some mistakes, just a scrimmage. Kville will compete and be in the hunt in their District and HF is much improved over last years team. Good luck to HF and Kville.

Here are the stats for each first team offense.

This scrimmage had a 12 minute running clock for each offense to run as many plays as they could get in.

First 12 minute set:

Hamshire-Fannett 1st Team offense vs. Deweyville 1st Team defense

HF

rushing  10/15 yards
passing  1-6- 14 yards
total      16 plays/ 29 yards
FD            2
3 and outs    3

2nd 12 minute set

Kirbyville 1st Team offense vs. Hamshire-Fannett 1st Team defense

Kirby

rushing        17/107 yards    TD
passing        1-5- 5 yards
total            22 plays/ 112 yards
FD                  7
3 and outs        0

Kirbyville did reach the HF 11 yard line but failed to score on 4 consecutive plays. Turn over on downs.

3rd 12 minute set:

Deweyville 1st Team offense vs. Kirbyville 1st Team defense

Dewey

rushing        13/63 yards    TD
passing        0-2  0 yards
total            15 plays/ 63 yards
FD                    3
3 and outs        1

Deweyville went 5 plays and 65 yards scoring on a 38 yard run to start their offensive series. Kirbyville made a few adjustments and slowed down Deweyville the rest of the 12 minute set.

I did not keep 2nd team stats. Each team ran their 2nd teams for a 10 minute set. Lightning sent the teams in after that, then I left.

If I were to rank each teams offense and defense based on this scrimmage, it would go like this:

Offense

1. Kirbyville
2. Deweyville
3. Hamshire-Fannett

Defense

1. Deweyville
2. Kirbyville
3. Hamshire-Fannett

For what I viewed today, the team that impressed me the most was Deweyville. Good offense and very good defense. Coach Babin and his staff are doing some very good things there. I expect Deweyville to have a good season.

Team that disappointed me the most was Hamshire-Fannett. Their offense simply could not move the ball against Deweyville and their defense really never stopped Kirbyville. HF better step it up on both sides if they want to compete for that 3rd playoff spot in 21-3A.

As for Kirbyville, offensively they looked okay but it was against a very weak HF defense. Hard to judge how good they really are. Little disappointed in the Wildcat defense giving up that big touchdown drive by Deweyville. Kirbyville did adjust and looked better after that.

All three teams obviously need more work but I have to say, Deweyville was the most impressive.

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="1247005" timestamp="1345324500"]
Good first scrimmage for all 3 teams, yes Dville scored on Kville and no one scored on Dville 1's but all 3 teams had positives and some mistakes, just a scrimmage. Kville will compete and be in the hunt in their District and HF is much improved over last years team. Good luck to HF and Kville.
[/quote] Sir, I talked to Lafredrick Ford and he told me that his cousin said they beat both HF and Deweyville. I don't know how true this is though.

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1247017" timestamp="1345326547"]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=101770.msg1247005#msg1247005 date=1345324500]
[/quote] Sir, I talked to Lafredrick Ford and he told me that his cousin said they beat both HF and Deweyville. I don't know how true this is though.
[/quote]

I attended this scrimmage. No one "won" this scrimmage.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1247019" timestamp="1345326879"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=101770.msg1247017#msg1247017 date=1345326547]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=101770.msg1247005#msg1247005 date=1345324500]
[/quote]

I attended this scrimmage. No one "won" this scrimmage.
[/quote] Kirbyville will get better on defense though.

I was just happy it wasn't sloppy.

When I was there Kirbyville scored on HF in the final seconds of the 12 minutes. Looked like they would score the first time but the drive fizzled and a pass was nearly picked in the endzone on 3rd and goal.

Deweyville on offense had that one big play for the score against Kirbyville.

Just before I left the HF #2 offense moved the ball with no problem against Deweyville. Long pass with a nice snag in front of me then a QB keeper for a score in the 10 minute segment. Had to head out after that.

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="1247041" timestamp="1345333237"]
I was just happy it wasn't sloppy.

When I was there Kirbyville scored on HF in the final seconds of the 12 minutes. Looked like they would score the first time but the drive fizzled and a pass was nearly picked in the endzone on 3rd and goal.

Deweyville on offense had that one big play for the score against Kirbyville.

Just before I left the HF #2 offense moved the ball with no problem against Deweyville. Long pass with a nice snag in front of me then a QB keeper for a score in the 10 minute segment. Had to head out after that.
[/quote] I heard Quintin Jacko and Haywood ran the ball well for Kirbyville.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder