Allen new 60 million dollar stadium

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1241932" timestamp="1344022192"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=101413.msg1241806#msg1241806 date=1344000339]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=101413.msg1241805#msg1241805 date=1343999900]
[quote author=mat link=topic=101413.msg1241792#msg1241792 date=1343998019]
Did they name it after their superintendent?  :)

I'm sorry. I just couldn't help myself.
[/quote] ::) ::) Just like the Berry Center in Cypress Fairbanks?  ;) ;)
[/quote]

Difference, Mr. Berry had long been retired from the district. Wasn't currently on staff.
[/quote]

Mr. Berry is friend of our family! Helped get my wife the right contacts to get promoted to Principal in Cy Fair.
[/quote]

Badsanta, somehow I knew you weren't the brains of your household. ;D

Allen passed this bond to pay for these facilities a few years ago. I think it has been great for the city. Home prices have risen, people are actually moving here for this and our school, the school will make money from the home games and playoffs in football, lacrosse, soccer,, and the city will make money from these sporting events. Allen's home games will sell out, and I know of another school that is proposing a similar bond for their November bonds.

An excerpt from this article:

Long before Allen boomed to its current population of 84,256 (according to the 2010 census) district officials decided to remain a one-high school town.

The result is a high school with 5,388 students in grades 9-12, according to figures calculated by the University Interscholastic League, the organization that oversees public school sports and academic competitions in Texas.

But that figure doesn't even make Allen the largest school in its six-team football district, 10-5A. Plano East is the largest school in the state with an enrollment figure of 6,016. Plano Senior High has an enrollment figure of 5,315 and Plano West has 4,945.

In Texas, Class 5A schools have a minimum enrollment of 2,090 students. Most 5A schools have enrollments closer to McKinney High, the smallest member of Allen's district with 2,121.

Allen's varsity football team has about 100 players. There are another 100 on the two junior varsity teams, and [b]256 boys have signed up to play freshman football this fall.[/b]

All told, there are approximately [b]1,200 kids playing football from seventh grade on up.[/b] But that's just the football program.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1242868" timestamp="1344442844"]
An excerpt from this article:

Long before Allen boomed to its current population of 84,256 (according to the 2010 census) district officials decided to remain a one-high school town.

The result is a high school with 5,388 students in grades 9-12, according to figures calculated by the University Interscholastic League, the organization that oversees public school sports and academic competitions in Texas.

But that figure doesn't even make Allen the largest school in its six-team football district, 10-5A. Plano East is the largest school in the state with an enrollment figure of 6,016. Plano Senior High has an enrollment figure of 5,315 and Plano West has 4,945.

In Texas, Class 5A schools have a minimum enrollment of 2,090 students. Most 5A schools have enrollments closer to McKinney High, the smallest member of Allen's district with 2,121.

Allen's varsity football team has about 100 players. There are another 100 on the two junior varsity teams, and [b]256 boys have signed up to play freshman football this fall.[/b]

All told, there are approximately [b]1,200 kids playing football from seventh grade on up.[/b] But that's just the football program.
[/quote]That sure helps a coach out. With those kind of numbers to pull from.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1242934" timestamp="1344452508"]
Allen is loaded!
[/quote]
Loaded in more ways than one. This state made me shake my head; like their downplaying the median income.

"And while Allen is blooming with malls and chain restaurants, the median household income grew to $100,843 in 2009. In other words, this isn't a town of millionaires footing the bill for the new stadium."

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1243231" timestamp="1344522690"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=101413.msg1243229#msg1243229 date=1344521391]
I heard Carroll "Butch" Thomas is applying there in hopes they'll name it after him.
[/quote]Maybe so.  I think they'll do it before naming their new stadium the Rez. What do you think? 8)
[/quote]

hahaha good one Soulja!

[quote name="liltex" post="1243201" timestamp="1344514465"]
Give it time and some financial gurus will build a Toll $ road to get to it to ease traffic ;D
[/quote]

They already have...my family and I relocated here from Austin (Austin is our home, and we'll get back there some day).  But Allen is very nice, we live on the west side of 75 where the new development is and a toll road is just around the corner.

to preface, Dallas is basically 1/2 toll and 1/2 state maintained roads, so they're pretty common

The staduim is amazing, it's quite a sight...I'm sure they'll see a lot incremental revenue from tons of playoff games and maybe even some FCS or DII college playoffs (its bigger than Dr Pepper park in Frisco where they had the nat'l championship that Sam Houston played in this year)

A lot of those teams Allen played had the same amount of players in their programs. The Plano schools probably have more than Allen. What hurt Allen was when the people in Lucas decided they wanted their own school and Lovejoy High School was built. A lot of Allen talent went out there. With Lovejoy now being 4a, we will see what happens now.

[quote name="Wreckem2011" post="1243357" timestamp="1344537974"]
A lot of those teams Allen played had the same amount of players in their programs. The Plano schools probably have more than Allen. What hurt Allen was when the people in Lucas decided they wanted their own school and Lovejoy High School was built. A lot of Allen talent went out there. With Lovejoy now being 4a, we will see what happens now.
[/quote]I think Lovejoy will be 5A really soon.

[quote name="Wreckem2011" post="1243384" timestamp="1344541663"]
It will be a while. They just moved up from 4A, and their community is becoming [b]land locked[/b]. I personally don't ever see them moving up.
[/quote]oh, well that makes sense, i didnt know they were becoming land locked.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder