Best Coach In SETX??

I Think its Cornell Thompson but obviously im biased lol

Im interested to hear what every one else thinks, and maybe to make it interesting every one should pick another coach besides there on and in that case I will go with the Coach of the Vidor Pirates, with the Nederland coach a close 2nd

[quote name="JohnSmith" post="1234219" timestamp="1341616243"]
Former HD Coach Jerry Stewart of Dayton.  Still a coach by HEART.  Has a winning record against every 4A school in SETX.
[/quote]

Those Dayton and WO-S gaes were always great battles.. Me and a forer teammate were talkking about Dayton the other day, always a very physical well coached bunch of kids..  I respect their program alot

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="1234282" timestamp="1341664119"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=100851.msg1234268#msg1234268 date=1341637449]
Hard to argue against Barbay at Coldspring.
[/quote]
I agree
[/quote]
+1  He coached his all-star team to victory also.

Coach Hubbard - San Augustine. In the short time he's been there the program has improved by leaps and bounds. Not only is he an awesome football coach, he is an excellent role model and mentor for these kids. We are blessed to have him.

[color=red][size=14pt]GO WOLVES !!!!!!!!! [/size] [/color]

[quote name="bigdog" post="1234298" timestamp="1341673403"]
I would say in no particular order:

Larry Neumann
Dan Hooks
Brian Barbay at Coldspring
Curtis Barbay at Newton
[/quote]

I am pretty sure the author was asking for current coaches, not past or deceased.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1234299" timestamp="1341673513"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=100851.msg1234298#msg1234298 date=1341673403]

Larry Neumann
Dan Hooks
Curtis Barbay at Newton
[/quote]

I am pretty sure the author was asking for current coaches, not past or deceased.
[/quote]

Ok.... So current coaches

Larry Neumann
Brian Barbay - Coldspring
Stump - Bridge City

[quote name="bigdog" post="1234305" timestamp="1341675488"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=100851.msg1234299#msg1234299 date=1341673513]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=100851.msg1234298#msg1234298 date=1341673403]

Larry Neumann
Dan Hooks
Curtis Barbay at Newton
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok.... So current coaches

Larry Neumann
Brian Barbay - Coldspring
Stump - Bridge City
[/quote]

Wait to see what Stump does this year before ranking him as one of the best. Not saying he is not good but the jury is still out until we see what he does without Menard/Dishon.

Love him or hate him Neuman is the best football coach in the area currently coaching.

he has turned the program around.  I agree lets wait and see what he does without the studs.  I didn't put Thompson from WO-S on the list because this was his first year as HC in the area.  I know he has been coaching for years, but I want to see what he does as HC.

What is the criteria that people are using? Overall record or do they over achieve with the kids they have? Dayton always makes deep runs... So, obviously Hancock and Stewart...
I would prefer to look at the a school whose kids over-achieve... If that is the criteria, Dayton is still at the top, but there are other schools... I think. Coldspring is loaded with speed and talent, but so is WOS... Hard to dispute WOS's past success and Coldspring's recent success...

I believe this is not a horn-tooten contest.  I agree with  jackeeoleboy Larry Neuman who has done more with less time and time again. He lost back to back to back starting qb's in a single season but yet still found away to make the playoffs. So we can set here all day and say my school this and my school that but when it comes down to it Larry Neuman was right up there already with Dan Hooks Curtis Barbay  and Jerry Stewart as the best in SETX and they NO LONGER coach in SETX so in my purple blinders on book i see Nueman still standing ALONE at the top of the SETX coaching list. Look at his track record Nederland fans help me here
in 1 10 year strecth 10 playoffs 4 quaterfinals 1 semifinals  no other setx coach has these kinda stats. Im only gonna say this once then im back over the tracks to PNG.

You better run fast across those tracks Prepfan, or your purple brothers might disown you. ;)  Thanks though.  Neumann is 146-74-1 in 19 years.  11 years straight in the playoffs, and another 4 straight after 2007.  To help you out, Prepfan, 1 Semifinal appearance , 5 quarterfinals, and a long list of consecutive bi-district wins.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder