Liberty Losing QB?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest incognito123
[quote name="Panthers4thewin" post="1231357" timestamp="1340078714"]
Hudson is one of the better athletes to come out of Liberty. Will start for the Panther Football and basketball team as a sophomore.
[/quote]

You guys had never even uttered this kids name until today.  Now all of the sudden Daniel leaving doesn't matter because you have this stud Sophomore waiting to take his job!?! I really hope it works out, but I just cannot beleive that Liberty will not suffer because of Daniel's departure.  All I want is to hear one honest Liberty fan say that Daniel leaving is a big deal.  All of you have acted as though you won't miss a beat!

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1231341" timestamp="1340074715"]
Bua left for John Curtis.  Much higher profile private school in Louisiana.  Bua left for SEC exposure and it worked.  Played at Arkansas.
[/quote]my mistake your right man... Why do all the good athletes leave Liberty? Fitz in my opionion has great potential to be a great college football athlete, maybe even do well in the professional ranks.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Thegoldenboy" post="1231393" timestamp="1340115518"]
How did Liberty get the jv qb from st Pius ? I have seen him play a few times and he isn't even in the same ballpark as fitzwater. He throws like a jv qb.
[/quote]

Sounds like you are asking why they got the JV QB from St. Pius rather than why.

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1231358" timestamp="1340082463"]
[quote author=Panthers4thewin link=topic=100599.msg1231357#msg1231357 date=1340078714]
Hudson is one of the better athletes to come out of Liberty. Will start for the Panther Football and basketball team as a sophomore.
[/quote]

You guys had never even uttered this kids name until today.  Now all of the sudden Daniel leaving doesn't matter because you have this stud Sophomore waiting to take his job!?! I really hope it works out, but I just cannot beleive that Liberty will not suffer because of Daniel's departure.  All I want is to hear one honest Liberty fan say that Daniel leaving is a big deal.  All of you have acted as though you won't miss a beat!
[/quote] It is a big deal!!! We're screwed!!!I figured with Fitz we would go 5-5 and maybe squeeze into the playoffs if we could beat a surging Cleveland team but now 3-7 at best.But I'll look at the brite side,no more Deel after his contract expires.

Liberty just needs to keep it positive. So what if no one was talking about the next qb before now. I hope he steps in and does really well. Hated to see Fitz go, but now it's time to move on. Lets go Liberty! Turn it into a positive.

Standish wasn't mentioned before bc he was going to be the back up qb I don't think any team really talks to much about their back ups. Standish does not have the arm fitz does but he is a hard worker great leader very smart kid, and a good qb. I wish the best for fitz wherever he goes, but I think liberty can get the job done with standish at qb.

Liberty has some of the worst fans I have ever seen. Everybody says that me lp6 and lp4life are arrogant and what not, but y'all make me ashamed to have ever played for Liberty. Here's a good idea instead of whining about the coach why don't you try to support the players instead of putting down a bunch of 16 and 17 year olds. Yes liberty lost fitz and t is a big loss, but all of these people on here trashing the team, who were supporting the panthers earlier this year. Standish will lead the panthers to playoffs. We still have Jordan jones , antoine, Mosley, and many other athletes that are perfectly capable of going to the play offs.

[quote name="Thegoldenboy" post="1231498" timestamp="1340137450"]
The liberty team from last year was one of the most talented 3a teams I have ever seen. They had like 5-6 kids over 6"5 and athletes to go with it. Dline was huge oline was huge. It doesn't make any sense they were not better than they were.
[/quote]
::) ::) They weren't that talented. If they were they would've made the playoffs even if the coach is as bad as some say.

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1231306" timestamp="1340060216"]
This is an indictment of Deel.  Fitzwaters father has a lot of football knowledge, and he told me several times that he was getting frustrated with the way things were going in Liberty.  I hate to see this, but i'm sure it is what is in Daniels best interest if he plans on playing at the next level.  I'm sure all of the Liberty posters will be very quiet from this point forward.

Is Jake Vaught going with him?
[/quote]
This is one of the funniest things I have heard in my life. Just so you know liberty does a fairly good job of getting attention to their players for
Colleges with 3 players going to play in college from this years graduating class.

I wasn't surprised to hear they lost fitz.. but i was surprised to remember my password to my account  ;D.. They still have athletes & they still will play for that 3rd playoff spot.. Jones, Mosley, Antoine will still produce on offense.. I just hope the defense is solid this year & injury free

I don't have a clue about anything going on in Liberty, but I am not surprised to see on this board that Fitzwater is leaving as I know for a fact that he was looking seriously at transferring to Houston Second Baptist this spring. Obviously this is another one of those issues where the parents think that the kid can be the next great thing at one of the high profile colleges and they are willing to make whatever family sacrifices they deem necessary to try to make it happen.  Sometimes it works for people and sometimes it doesn't. If the kid is really as good as they think he is, in today's scouting/recruiting environment, if he doesn't have any baggage, they would have found him in Liberty.  But that is a moot point in that it is obvious, whether right or wrong, the parents didn't feel that way and no doubt in my mind there has to be some tension between the parent and the coaching staff.

I had a teammate when I played that could have left H-D for a bigger school. He and his family thought hard about the move for more exposure. In the end, he stayed in H-D to be with his teammates and make more memories with his teammates. He and his family were smart enough to see that was important. I recently asked him if he regreted the decision. He said no, he did not regret the decision. He told me the memories he made in 6 years of football with his teamates were priceless. Only Daniel Fitzwater and his family will know if they have made a mistake. Also let's remember it takes a team to be successful, not one player. Good luck Liberty, keep your heads up.

The liberty team from last year was one of the most talented 3a teams I have ever seen. They had like 5-6 kids over 6"5 and athletes to go with it. Dline was huge oline was huge. It doesn't make any sense they were not better than they were.
[/quote]

lol. 

I know a couple Liberty football players that need to come on back home to HD. Their dads were Bobcats, but their moms were Panthers, and Liberty won out. If ya'll wanna win next year, come on back to Bobcat Country! Plus the grandparents of these two kids live in Hull and Daisetta and I'm sure they'd love to see them more often  ;)

I'm just joking on that  ;) Hope everything works out for Fitz and his family. Also wish the best for the new QB at Liberty and the Panthers on the upcoming season.

Go Bobcats!!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1231676" timestamp="1340199654"]
I know a couple Liberty football players that need to come on back home to HD. Their dads were Bobcats, but their moms were Panthers, and Liberty won out. If ya'll wanna win next year, come on back to Bobcat Country! Plus the grandparents of these two kids live in Hull and Daisetta and I'm sure they'd love to see them more often  ;)

I'm just joking on that  ;) Hope everything works out for Fitz and his family. Also wish the best for the new QB at Liberty and the Panthers on the upcoming season.

Go Bobcats!!
[/quote]

Don't know if it like this in your house, but in my house, when Mama's happy, EVERYBODY'S happy. ;D

[/quote]

You don't get out much....do ya ?  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder