Liberty Losing QB?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ECBucFan
Liberty might have lost their QB, but good news is that LISD just hired a great superintendant. Dr. Abshire will do a great job for the school, and the Panther athletic dept. might improve too.

Acedemically and athletically, it really pays off to have the right super in place. Look at EC, acedemically recognized, fiscally sound, and excellent in football & basketball. Thats a winning combination!  8)

Make no mistake there were a few players who had to hid the fact that they had concusions from the coaching staff so they could continue to play the players who were injured could not possibly play regardless of how tough they were.

[quote name="LP2012" post="1232038" timestamp="1340312738"]
Make no mistake there were a few players who had to [b] hid the fact that they had concusions from the coaching staff [/b]so they could continue to play the players who were injured could not possibly play regardless of how tough they were.
[/quote]

If that is true then the players that did it are idiots. No high school football game is worth permanent brain damage.

However I doubt that happened, because the only way the kids could find out they had concussions is either from the athletic trainer who would inform the coach or from a independent doctor who would probably tell the parents. A concussion is not something you could diagnose by yourself.

Make no mistake there were a few players who had to hid the fact that they had concusions from the coaching staff so they could continue to play the players who were injured could not possibly play regardless of how tough they were.
[/quote]
You Liberty people just keep walking into the fire dont you? What non-sense! Players that get stomped routinely feign injury. 

Guest incognito123
Make no mistake there were a few players who had to[b] hid the fact that they had concusions from the coaching staff [/b] so they could continue to play the players who were injured could not possibly play regardless of how tough they were.
[/quote]

This is stupid.  If it is true, Deel needs to be fired now.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1232061" timestamp="1340318284"]
[quote author=LP2012 link=topic=100599.msg1232038#msg1232038 date=1340312738]
[/quote]
You Liberty people just keep walking into the fire dont you? What non-sense! Players that get stomped routinely feign injury.
[/quote]
You're a joke, why would a team that is up big against cleveland just start dropping like flies while winning? After those lb's got hurt cleveland got back in the game. When a kid has to get carried off the field, then tries to walk on the sideline by himself & falls flat on his face, he must be faking right? It's one thing to get on here and say we won & brag about it but to blast these athletes about a games you obviously weren't attending where these kids received actual injuries is pathetic.

Excuses, excuses. Keep em coming. Did they get diagnosed with concussions by a physician? Players will start "dropping like flies" when they get hit hard or punched in the mouth by another team. They will often be carried off the field only to return later or be just fine the next day with no apparent injuries. It happens all the time with teams that are less physical playing teams that enjoy being physical. When players get tired of being hit by another team they will get a mysterious undiagnosable injury that they can get themselves off the field with.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1232310" timestamp="1340397192"]
Excuses, excuses. Keep em coming. Did they get diagnosed with concussions by a physician? Players will start "dropping like flies" when they get hit hard or punched in the mouth by another team. They will often be carried off the field only to return later or be just fine the next day with no apparent injuries. It happens all the time with teams that are less physical playing teams that enjoy being physical. When players get tired of being hit by another team they will get a mysterious undiagnosable injury that they can get themselves off the field with.
[/quote]
Keep them coming? Why the hell would i have make shit up to prove you wrong.. you are just 89 falcon on setx lol.. if townley would've been hurt & i was to say he faked it or questioned him as a person you & the rest of the huffman clan would've cried all over the site.. i don't even know why im entertaining this ignorance.

[quote name="YoungCoug21" post="1232378" timestamp="1340410126"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=100599.msg1232310#msg1232310 date=1340397192]
[/quote]
Keep them coming? Why the heck would i have make censored up to prove you wrong.. you are just 89 falcon on setx lol.. if townley would've been hurt & i was to say he faked it or questioned him as a person you & the rest of the huffman clan would've cried all over the site.. i don't even know why im entertaining this ignorance.
[/quote]

I don't think he is saying that nobody on Liberty's team was hurt. I think it has more to do with the number. 11 starters injured durring the Cleveland game? Players not telling coaches about concussions they mysteriously got diagnosed with? That sounds a little extreme. It sounds like an excuse for losing.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1232386" timestamp="1340412329"]
[quote author=YoungCoug21 link=topic=100599.msg1232378#msg1232378 date=1340410126]
[/quote]
Keep them coming? Why the heck would i have make censored up to prove you wrong.. you are just 89 falcon on setx lol.. if townley would've been hurt & i was to say he faked it or questioned him as a person you & the rest of the huffman clan would've cried all over the site.. i don't even know why im entertaining this ignorance.
[/quote]

I don't think he is saying that nobody on Liberty's team was hurt. I think it has more to do with the number. 11 starters injured durring the Cleveland game? Players not telling coaches about concussions they mysteriously got diagnosed with? That sounds a little extreme. It sounds like an excuse for losing.
[/quote]
11 was an exaggerated number and you do not have to be diagnosed to know you have a concusion the symptoms are fairly simple to recognize if they have been diagnosed before. A concusion is a concusion regardless if it is diagnosed or not. And I brought that up because some people made a comment about liberty players not being very tough. When a person can not walk he can not play regardless of how tough he is

[quote name="LP2012" post="1232415" timestamp="1340416036"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=100599.msg1232386#msg1232386 date=1340412329]
[quote author=YoungCoug21 link=topic=100599.msg1232378#msg1232378 date=1340410126]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
11 was an exaggerated number and you do not have to be diagnosed to know you have a concusion the symptoms are fairly simple to recognize if they have been diagnosed before. A concusion is a concusion regardless if it is diagnosed or not. And I brought that up because some people made a comment about liberty players not being very tough. When a person can not walk he can not play regardless of how tough he is
[/quote]

Yes you have to be diagnosed with it. The signs and symptoms could be caused be a multitude of things. The only way to know for sure is to go to a medical professional. 17 and 18 year kids are not able to determine by themselves wether they had a concussion or not.

With that said if these kids felt there was any possibility they had a concussion and they didn't tell anyone that does not make them tough, it makes them idiots. A concussion is not like a broken bone or a ligament tear or almost any other athletic injury. It is something that if a player continues to play with can give them permanent brain damage and even kill them. Anyone who considers playing with a concussion a sign of toughness, needs to seriously take a look at the people who suffer from the aftermath a concussion can cause years after they stopped playing.

Regardless, of how many starters were 'injured' Liberty was unable to 'seal the Deel' against Cleveland... And it is my prediction, that there will be more excuses this year... Starting with, 'our qb is young,' and ending with 'the coaches had concussions.'

There are differences between being hurt and being injured... How many of those injuries required 'medical' treatment? I guess it is a good thing you didn't make the playoffs, your mght not have been able to field a team... How many of those injuries included the 6 D-1 prospects that you claim to have had?

Anyway, THAT'S in the PAST!! Good luck to all teams, and I hope someone beats Coldspring this year, JUST TO SHAKE IT UP A LITTLE!!!  :)

Tired of hearing about Liberty and how they only lost due to players being hurt. At the end of the 1st quarter it was 0-0. Starting the second Cleveland got picked on our own 35 and Liberty had to settle for 3 on the field goal. Then Liberty held Cleveland and on the punt we had a high snap, over the kickers head and Liberty recovered on our 19. they still settled for 3 on the field goal. Cleveland then fumbled on our 42 and Liberty got a TD and the extra point before halftime. 2nd quarter ended 13-0 Liberty. All three score were due to Cleveland mistakes and great field posistion. Starting the third Liberty scored in two plays up 7 more, then Cleveland returns about a 70 yard kick off for 7. Liberty fumbles on the 50, Cleveland turns it into 7 more. both teams then score 7 each before the end of the third, 3rd quarter 27-21 Liberty. Starting the 4th Liberty kicked for 3, then Cleveland scored 3 TD's missing the extra point on one. Liberty scored a TD and it's over. Final 36-42 Cleveland.

1st 0-0 , 2nd 13-0 Liberty, 3rd 27-21 Liberty 4th 36-42 Cleveland

by the sound of the post, Liberty was up 30 points, everybody got hurt on Liberty D and Cleveland ran up and down the field for the win. it's over, let's get ready for the new season......

This went from qb's to softness lol so I'll comment on both! Good luck Hudson! Liberty will be OKAY if they change the offense up! Can't keep the same O as they had when Fitz was running it! I also want to say Daniel has Great mechanics and this may help his college exposure!

Now about Liberty being "soft" not all the boys on the team are soft and I couldn't see as a "MAN" how you could even consider faking an injury. That's just not something that you should even be able to contemplate doing. Takes away all your man hood IMO.

...But, Huffman made liberty look scared last year! I'm sorry it's the honest truth, go ask any of the guys who have been going to games for the last 20 years that's all the old folks were talking about in the stands the second half of the game. There were multiple late hits\cheap shots that came out of bounds or after the whistle and there was no retaliation at all! Yeah that's good Sportsmanship but at sometime you have to go toe to toe and deliver a blow back! At least protect your fellow teammates! Fighting on the field is never good but I know in the past 15 years not many teams would "bully" liberty around with out there being some type of retaliation! Some of you will say that, Liberty was a bunch of thugs but like I said you gotta stand up for your self at least make the opponent respect you! That's the only time I would have classified Liberty as "soft"!

[quote name="3apantherfan" post="1233473" timestamp="1341076598"]
This went from qb's to softness lol so I'll comment on both! Good luck Hudson! Liberty will be OKAY if they change the offense up! Can't keep the same O as they had when Fitz was running it! I also want to say Daniel has Great mechanics and this may help his college exposure!

Now about Liberty being "soft" not all the boys on the team are soft and I couldn't see as a "MAN" how you could even consider faking an injury. That's just not something that you should even be able to contemplate doing. Takes away all your man hood IMO.

...But, Huffman made liberty look scared last year! I'm sorry it's the honest truth, go ask any of the guys who have been going to games for the last 20 years that's all the old folks were talking about in the stands the second half of the game. There were multiple late hits\cheap shots that came out of bounds or after the whistle and there was no retaliation at all! Yeah that's good Sportsmanship but at sometime you have to go toe to toe and deliver a blow back! At least protect your fellow teammates! Fighting on the field is never good but I know in the past 15 years not many teams would "bully" liberty around with out there being some type of retaliation! Some of you will say that, Liberty was a bunch of thugs but like I said you gotta stand up for your self at least make the opponent respect you! That's the only time I would have classified Liberty as "soft"!
[/quote]

Waaah Waaah Waaah. Liberty is so soft.  :'(

I swear if Liberty played some big boy football against 4a or 5a setx tems like West Brook, Memorial, Central, PNG or Nederland for example. They'd forfeit the game before the 1st quarter was even over. With more than half of the team being out for the season because they got some "boo-boos" and "ouchies"

2-hand touch league is over there

--------------------------------->

Oh wait, that might be too tough for Liberty too. They might break their arms from getting tagged too hard or they may get a tummy-ache from too much gatorade.  :'(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder