Liberty Losing QB?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hudson doesn't have quite the arm of Fitz but not far off. He is 6-2 runs a 4.8 forty. He quarterbacked St. Pius jv team last year, and played some wr for their varsity. Hard working kid with a great football iq. Now will he put up the same numbers as fitz prolly not, but he will make his fair share of great plays, and do a great job of leading the offense. He threw 9 TD passes against Atascosita in a 7 on 7 game last week.

Guest incognito123
This is an indictment of Deel.  Fitzwaters father has a lot of football knowledge, and he told me several times that he was getting frustrated with the way things were going in Liberty.  I hate to see this, but i'm sure it is what is in Daniels best interest if he plans on playing at the next level.  I'm sure all of the Liberty posters will be very quiet from this point forward.

Is Jake Vaught going with him?

[quote name="lp4life" post="1231305" timestamp="1340060159"]
Hudson doesn't have quite the arm of Fitz but not far off. He is 6-2 runs a sub 4 forty. He quarterbacked St. Pius jv team last year, and played some wr for their varsity. Hard working kid with a great football iq. Now will he put up the same numbers as fitz prolly not, but he will make his fair share of great plays, and do a great job of leading the offense. He threw 9 TD passes against Atascosita in a 7 on 7 game last week.
[/quote]

What's that 40 time???  You said sub 4?

Guest incognito123
[quote name="lp4life" post="1231312" timestamp="1340061733"]
i meant 4.8 and Jake Vaught has graduated and is going to play at Trinity. His talent will be missed, but in no means shall it be the demise of the panthers.
[/quote]

You guys have said for months that he was the catalyst that would propell Liberty to the next level.  According to the logic you guys have applied all along, this is the demise of the panthers.  It was pretty grave before, it is in the grave now. 

Moving on from that, where is he going to school?  Is  the whole family moving or is he just moving for athletic reasons ala Tony Bua?  Is Mr. Fitzwater still going to be the JH principal in Liberty?  These are all questions that need answering.  I cannot imagine that Mr Fitzwater will stay at his post at LJH while moving his son out of the district because he is not happy witht he coaching and what they can do for Daniel.  That seems like it would be a tense situation.

Maybe he is tried of facing a no-win situation in having to go up against the superior teams of CS and Huffman. The repeated beatings he has witnessed have to be un-nerving.

Guest incognito123
Regardless of his position, he was some type of principal at Liberty.  Those are facts that don't matter. The post still retains its meaning whether he is at the JH or the HS.  Is Calvary a public school and is it indeed in Shreveport?

I applaud your decision to stay positive, but this is bad for the Panthers.  You know it, the team knows it, and somewhere, probably on his couch at home, Coach Deel knows it.

All signs point to 2-8

Guest incognito123
Just looked up Calvary High School in Shreveport Louisiana on Google.  Looks like a succesful program.  Many kids signing scholarships this year per their football website.  www.rodscalvarywebsite.com

The interesting piece, there is only one QB on the roster and he is a Freshman.  Looks like Fitzwater will step right in and be the starter.  It is indeed a private school.  They beat Evangel last year in what looks like a shootout. 

I wonder if they recruited him?  If so, how did they find him?  Maybe at one of those camps the guys go to for college exposure.  All of this is just me rambling trying to figure out how yesterday Liberty had a very good QB who looked like he would anchor their team for this upcoming season and today he is gone to a school in another state leaving Liberty to figure it out on their own.  I am not a Liberty fan, actually I am the opposite, but I feel really bad for their players right now.  This is a major blow for their morale.  This is why, in Texas, schools aren't allowed to rob their neighbors for athletic purposes.  The ones who suffer are the other players on the team.  Good luck Fitzwaters, hope you can live with this.

Guest incognito123
Bua left for John Curtis.  Much higher profile private school in Louisiana.  Bua left for SEC exposure and it worked.  Played at Arkansas.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin