JASPER NEEDS WEEK 4 GAME

[quote name="biaplayer" post="1226097" timestamp="1337995822"]
Tell the coach to.  Call fairclothe at png he might be game, maybe maybe not may want that week off!
[/quote]

No good for a couple of reasons 1) PN-G already has 10 regular season games 2) Sept. 28 is PN-G's district opener against Lumberton

[quote name="j_dog" post="1226162" timestamp="1338004018"]
Where is Silsbee  ??  Here is the opportunity to do some creative re-scheduling?  Could Silsbee swap around??  Seems silly to have this break in playing!  Is the reason it did not happen gone now?
[/quote]

Problem is the same with Silsbee as it is with PN-G.  After the 2 schools couldn't get together, Silsbee has filled a 10 game schedule.  Also, because 21-3A is a 7 team district now, all of the schools (except one) will start on Week 4.

[quote name="j_dog" post="1226162" timestamp="1338004018"]
Where is Silsbee  ??  Here is the opportunity to do some creative re-scheduling?  Could Silsbee swap around??  Seems silly to have this break in playing! [b] Is the reason it did not happen gone now?[/b]
[/quote]

Yes the reason that Jasper and Silsbee are not playing is gone(Morgan). Silsbee did all they could to keep the long time series between the two teams intact, but Morgan didn't want to play.

These two teams started playing each other in 1923, have played 74 times over the years, every year since 1948. Just a crying shame that the series couldn't continue. Hopefully it will get back on in the next realignment.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1226204" timestamp="1338036478"]
[quote author=j_dog link=topic=100213.msg1226162#msg1226162 date=1338004018]
Where is Silsbee  ??  Here is the opportunity to do some creative re-scheduling?  Could Silsbee swap around??  Seems silly to have this break in playing! [b] Is the reason it did not happen gone now?[/b]
[/quote]

Yes the reason that Jasper and Silsbee are not playing is gone(Morgan). Silsbee did all they could to keep the long time series between the two teams intact, but Morgan didn't want to play.

These two teams started playing each other in 1923, have played 74 times over the years, every year since 1948. Just a crying shame that the series couldn't continue. Hopefully it will get back on in the next realignment.
[/quote]
Reminds me of another rivalry we will not see this year...around Thanksgiving.  :(

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1226166" timestamp="1338004281"]
[quote author=j_dog link=topic=100213.msg1226162#msg1226162 date=1338004018]
Where is Silsbee  ??  Here is the opportunity to do some creative re-scheduling?  Could Silsbee swap around??  Seems silly to have this break in playing!  Is the reason it did not happen gone now?
[/quote]

Problem is the same with Silsbee as it is with PN-G.  After the 2 schools couldn't get together, Silsbee has filled a 10 game schedule.  Also, because 21-3A is a 7 team district now, all of the schools (except one) will start on Week 4.
[/quote]
that just means it is time to do some trading.  :)

I have spoken with Silsbee coaches many times. The reason they did not play Jasper had nothing to do with the coaches. Silsbee anticipated that they would play Jasper in game five and then discovered that a sixth district game had been added. Coach McGallion did not want to go back on his word to the people he had already committed to play in the first four games.(PNG, LCM, Lumberton and Livingston) This left them no spot to play Jasper. It is my understanding that Jasper wanted to continue the series with Silsbee.

[quote name="scoopno1" post="1226712" timestamp="1338259077"]
I have spoken with Silsbee coaches many times. The reason they did not play Jasper had nothing to do with the coaches. Silsbee anticipated that they would play Jasper in game five and then discovered that a sixth district game had been added. Coach McGallion did not want to go back on his word to the people he had already committed to play in the first four games.(PNG, LCM, Lumberton and Livingston) This left them no spot to play Jasper. It is my understanding that Jasper wanted to continue the series with Silsbee.
[/quote]

Wrong

Guest incognito123
I know of one assistant coming to Jasper with Coach Barbay, but it's not my place to say.  Those involved in the situation already know.  I"m sure there is more than one coming with Coach Barbay.

Guest ECBucFan
Back to Jasper needing a game, everyone should realize the vast majority of teams already have a full 10 game schedule in place. 10 regular season games is the UIL max allowed. Inevitably, this situation arises for a team or two each year, and the message boards light up with rampant, misguided speculation.

The question that should be asked is: [i]"Who out there [u]does not[/u] have a full 10 game schedule set up yet"[/i]. Answer that and you can precisely narrow the potential opponents down. Folks mean well, but just saying "Hey, lets play so-and-so that week" is usually impossible, since most already have full schedules.

Anyone know of a team still [i]needing[/i] a tenth game? Thats who Jasper could play. 

Guest ECBucFan
If they can't find a 2a-3a-4a team to play, they should consider a JV from a top notch 5A school. I bet any of the preseason 5A Top Ten schools have excellent JV's that could give the Dogs a good game. Would be better than nothing for sure. 

Coach Barbay e-mailed that they are still looking for that 10th game.  If you know a school that has less than 10 games on their schedule and has either Sept. 28 or Oct. 12 free, they can contact Darrell Barbay at 409-679-2514.

Guest ECBucFan
Might be worth checking to see if someone in Louisiana needs a game. If worse comes to worse, southern Arkansas could be an option since Jasper is up in deep east TX. I think the Lufkin JV is worth a look too, like BTP said. Hope it works out somehow.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1229505" timestamp="1339215387"]
Might be worth checking to see if someone in Louisiana needs a game. If worse comes to worse, southern Arkansas could be an option since Jasper is up in deep east TX. I think the Lufkin JV is worth a look too, like BTP said. Hope it works out somehow.
[/quote]

As far as out of state, Coach Barbay is way ahead of you.  He has called in Louisiana, Arkansas AND Mississippi without any luck.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin