Texas HS Football Class of 2013 Elite 200

Guest octfeb
Saw that earlier today.. What constitutes eliteness (yeah yeah I know that's not really a word) Juan Coranco from Dayton I thought for sure would have been on there..  :-\ 

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1227009" timestamp="1338330555"]
Love how a certain QB from this area made the top 50 but another QB with better stats and went further in the playoffs didn't even make the top 200. Politics much??  ::)
[/quote]

It also goes by size and stuff.  Also y'all don't throw enough to get much recognition at QB.

Love how a certain QB from this area made the top 50 but another QB with better stats and went further in the playoffs didn't even make the top 200. Politics much??  ::)
[/quote]

Quirante is, most likely will be recruited as an Athlete. They don't put too many if those on these type of lists.

[/quote]

Has nothing to do with politics and Collins is not listed as a QB prospect, but as an athlete, which I think is justified

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1227081" timestamp="1338361248"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=100160.msg1227009#msg1227009 date=1338330555]
[/quote]

It also goes by size and stuff.  Also y'all don't throw enough to get much recognition at QB.
[/quote]
Yeah i know we don't throw enough but the QB they have on the top has the same offense and q had more passing yards than him.

And Q started on both sides of the ball and hardly ever touched the bench and had better stats than the other guy on both sides of the ball yet he doesn't make the top 200 and the other guy makes top 50. If that's not slanted than i don't know what is.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1227682" timestamp="1338502332"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=100160.msg1227081#msg1227081 date=1338361248]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=100160.msg1227009#msg1227009 date=1338330555]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yeah i know we don't throw enough but the QB they have on the top has the same offense and q had more passing yards than him.

And Q started on both sides of the ball and hardly ever touched the bench and had better stats than the other guy on both sides of the ball yet he doesn't make the top 200 and the other guy makes top 50. If that's not slanted than i don't know what is.
[/quote]

Quirante is an elite athlete. He will not play QB at the next level unless it's in an offense life air force or georgia tech haha... but no doubt he has everything you want in a player but the elite arm... I am not saying he cant throw, i am just saying it's not the best...He looks like any other linebacker throwing the ball  :o haha jk

[quote name="octfeb" post="1225192" timestamp="1337735539"]
Saw that earlier today.. What constitutes eliteness (yeah yeah I know that's not really a word) Juan Coranco from Dayton I thought for sure would have been on there..  :-\
[/quote]

The last kicker i saw on one of these list had a net punting average of about 55 yards, and was near perfect with a 48 yard field goal to his name. (that was a nationwide list btw)

[quote name="Krispy Kreme" post="1228004" timestamp="1338573314"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=100160.msg1227682#msg1227682 date=1338502332]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=100160.msg1227081#msg1227081 date=1338361248]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Quirante is an elite athlete. He will not play QB at the next level unless it's in an offense life air force or georgia tech haha... but no doubt he has everything you want in a player but the elite arm... I am not saying he cant throw, i am just saying it's not the best...He looks like any other linebacker throwing the ball  :o haha jk
[/quote]
I'm not saying that he can throw the ball with the best of them. I know he isn't the best at throwing and i'll admit that but what i was arguing is that compared to the guy who made top 50 he is, IMO, better in every way and yet he didn't even make top 200.

There are two reasons Collins is on that list.

1 Is that he is fast
2 is that he has scholarship offers from Baylor, Texas, Texas Tech, Utah, TCU, Vanderbilt, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma St.

ESPN even puts him as a 4 star recruit, and has him as the 25 best CB in the country. I think he has earned his spot on that list

Montana Q on the other hand doesn't even have a profile on any of the major scouting sites and he doesn't have any scholarship offers that I know of.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1228200" timestamp="1338666952"]

1 Is that he is fast
2 is that he has scholarship offers from Baylor, Texas, Texas Tech, Utah, TCU, Vanderbilt, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma St.

ESPN even puts him as a 4 star recruit, and has him as the 25 best CB in the country. I think he has earned his spot on that list

Montana Q on the other hand doesn't even have a profile on any of the major scouting sites and he doesn't have any scholarship offers that I know of.
[/quote]

Couldn't have put it any better!  +1

1 Is that he is fast

[/quote]

Yall got a good point.... The truth is, "My two cents", the reason Quirante is not on these list is he does not try to be on them.... He does not set up a profile or still to my knowledge, has not sent out his highlights to people yet...haha thats pretty relevant... He does not entertain scouts or coaches like some of these others do.... It is not people underestimating or demeaning his abilities. He just does not solicit his talent like others do... Once he decides to do so he will get recognized...nothing to worry about, im sure he is not the only elite one left off the list... Some people dont need to be on the list to know that they are still elite haha

[quote name="Krispy Kreme" post="1228213" timestamp="1338681338"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=100160.msg1228200#msg1228200 date=1338666952]

1 Is that he is fast

[/quote]

Yall got a good point.... The truth is, "My two cents", the reason Quirante is not on these list is he does not try to be on them.... He does not set up a profile or still to my knowledge, has not sent out his highlights to people yet...haha thats pretty relevant... He does not entertain scouts or coaches like some of these others do.... It is not people underestimating or demeaning his abilities. He just does not solicit his talent like others do... Once he decides to do so he will get recognized...nothing to worry about, im sure he is not the only elite one left off the list... Some people dont need to be on the list to know that they are still elite haha
[/quote]

You don't make your own profile. The website makes it and evaluates the player's talent based on information from scouts and college coaches.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1228210" timestamp="1338676718"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=100160.msg1228200#msg1228200 date=1338666952]

1 Is that he is fast

[/quote]

Couldn't have put it any better!  +1
[/quote]

Thank you 8) ;D

1 Is that he is fast

[/quote]

Well, that's great. It means a lot to work your butt off and get any type of free college. Trust me, I know. knowing you worked your butt off and getting rewarded for it is a feeling that only a few people can understand. I wish the best for the kid and hope he does well.

[quote name="Krispy Kreme" post="1228213" timestamp="1338681338"]

1 Is that he is fast

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well......MQ needs to go ahead and start to market himself. I saw him play one game and it was their last playoff game. The kid has tallent and could be a great addition to any college team. You can't teach heart. Of what I saw, the kid has it. People need to understand that sending tapes and highlites can make all the difference. Those scouts see thousands of kids and sometimes only get a chance to look at them on a tape for 2 minutes. You see, they might be scouting 300 different players at a time. A good tape with great highlites can mean the difference in getting a scholarship. And were talking about thousands of dollars of awards here

1 Is that he is fast

[/quote]
Well i can't really argue with this ff. I can only argue what i saw and from my point of view Montana is a better player than Collins. But that's just my opinion. Maybe if someone were to send some highlight reels of montana out and get him some attention i wouldn't be the only one thinking so.

And i would argue against the not being able to make your own profile on some of those recruiting websites. I know a few kids who have done so. Montana just isn't one of them.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1228223" timestamp="1338688393"]

1 Is that he is fast

[/quote]

Dont worry about him....He is getting attention A&M came and took a look 2 weeks ago...  8) people will be reminded why he is elite come September!!!

My mistake on the profile thing but they are still working on the reel... They had it and then there were technical difficulties but he is getting attention from the right people... Dont worry A&M visited Vidor about 2 weeks ago 8)
Well i can't really argue with this ff. I can only argue what i saw and from my point of view Montana is a better player than Collins. But that's just my opinion. Maybe if someone were to send some highlight reels of montana out and get him some attention i wouldn't be the only one thinking so.

And i would argue against the not being able to make your own profile on some of those recruiting websites. I know a few kids who have done so. Montana just isn't one of them.
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder