Buna vs Nac Central Heights predictions

it is being said that the series will be held in Hemphill.    The cougars have a great chance to win it all, but they have to cut down on the mental errors to have a chance. Base running against hemphill was not good at all, the cougars swung the bat ok but they could have worked the pitcher a little more and been more selective in what they were swinging at. One last thing, Coach T. was having to work too hard to get them motivated and to keep them motivated.  The cougars are deep at pitching and that will help out alot and when they play the game the way all the fans, coaches and themselves know they can play, the cougars can beat Central heights.

Guest momof2hornets
I haven't seen Pegasus about the Haley kid putting in awhile, is he still a pitcher or holding out for college?

[quote name="allball24" post="1221997" timestamp="1336959692"]
Are yall serious? Do you realize CH has the same pitchers that shut Buna down last year?
[/quote]
like you said LAST YEAR not this year dont make assumptions off last year u might get dissapointed

[quote name="txathlete7" post="1222147" timestamp="1337018459"]
what makes you think buna will not win if u look at who they have both played.... jasper beat CH buna beat jasper... silsbee only beat buna 6 to 3 silsbee beat CH by more than that i believe buna will win this series in two
[/quote]

I wish the best for Buna, but common non-district opponents mean next to nothing in baseball...the games are used more to work on things, defense, situational plays, getting some work in for other pitchers. Gonna be a steep hill, if Buna can climb it they will certainly have something to crow about. 

Good luck Buna. But, ill take CH in 2. Not easily, but it wont be too stiff of a challenge for them either. Phillips will win game one and Haley will win game two. If Buna is gonna keep it close, theyll have to be patient and take walks, not make any mental errors, and play better than they have played all season. If they dont do that, CH wins both by at least five. But good luck Coogs.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1222184" timestamp="1337022984"]
Good luck Buna. But, ill take CH in 2. Not easily, but it wont be too stiff of a challenge for them either. Phillips will win game one and Haley will win game two. If Buna is gonna keep it close, theyll have to be patient and take walks, not make any mental errors, and play better than they have played all season. If they dont do that, CH wins both by at least five. But good luck Coogs.
[/quote]

Ok? Glad they are playin the Texas rangers? Lol

[quote name="SFA65" post="1222311" timestamp="1337053339"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=99962.msg1222184#msg1222184 date=1337022984]
[/quote]

Ok? Glad they are playin the Texas rangers? Lol
[/quote]
LOL I hear ya, thats why they play the game, you never know. Buna will compete till the final out I can promise you that, no quit in that team.

Alex Phillips is a 2013 RHP/1B with a 6-3 200 lb. frame from Nacogdoches, TX who attends Central Heights HS. Big build for his age, nice strength potential. Hand drop delivery, quick compact arm action, tight 3/4's release point, some drop and drive. Mid 80's fastball to 86 mph, FB has good life up and down. Fair CB spin when on top, good feel for change up, will cut change up effectively. Very good idea what he's doing for his age, mixes and spots well. Shows power with the bat, big loose swing with some bat speed, gets extension, sound fielding fundamentals at 1B. Good prospect, follow closely. Good student.  ---- perfect game report

Hunter Haley is a 2012 SS/OF with a 5-10 175 lb. frame from Nacogdoches, TX who attends Central Heights HS. Slender young build. 6.56 runner, quick twitch actions, quick to the ball defensively, good infield arm strength, will need to improve footwork and arm accuracy. Similar outfield skills. Back side hitter, leans back to swing, upper cut swing plane, looks to pull and lift, will benefit from a more level approach. Good student. Throws 90 out of outfield -- perfect game report

CH has two justifiable athletes on board with lots of tools as has been reported by Perfect Game.  Velocity on the mound has been the nemesis all year for the cougars when facing it.  No doubt it will take their best performance at the plate to overcome this challenge. They need to remember how it felt to be man handled by the Mr. Hendrix over at Big Sandy who is definitely a power pitcher with a spectacular offspeed pitch.  Buna has some boys that can swing it and hit the pee diddle out of it at times and that time is when it is "strikes" That being said, patience at the plate will be the ticket I think.  Hit strikes and take balls, get base runners, then do what we do....make em pay every little mistake, as the mistakes are only going to get smaller and less frequent through playoffs. 

Buna doesn't have shutdown pitching, and have yet to try to play like they do.  Walks more than ever will be the most important thing to manage.  Give the defense a chance to make outs and minimize damage and I think we can play with most any 2A program.  I wish them well and am proud they have given themselves another chance to test their skills.  Goodluck!!

Two

Buna doesnt have stand out pitchers but they have 3 good pitchers with decent off speed that keep teams off balance. They have a good infield who don't make errors often and they have a real good Catcher who can swing the stick they have a really strong defensive centerfielder. The one that that helps Buna wins game is they do what they have to do to win like getting bunts down and being team players. I think Buna will win series if they can win game 1 against ch number 1

Guest momof2hornets
Nice resume!!!  ::)

[quote name="Sportsfan1968" post="1222376" timestamp="1337094760"]
Alex Phillips is a 2013 RHP/1B with a 6-3 200 lb. frame from Nacogdoches, TX who attends Central Heights HS. Big build for his age, nice strength potential. Hand drop delivery, quick compact arm action, tight 3/4's release point, some drop and drive. Mid 80's fastball to 86 mph, FB has good life up and down. Fair CB spin when on top, good feel for change up, will cut change up effectively. Very good idea what he's doing for his age, mixes and spots well. Shows power with the bat, big loose swing with some bat speed, gets extension, sound fielding fundamentals at 1B. Good prospect, follow closely. Good student.  ---- perfect game report

Hunter Haley is a 2012 SS/OF with a 5-10 175 lb. frame from Nacogdoches, TX who attends Central Heights HS. Slender young build. 6.56 runner, quick twitch actions, quick to the ball defensively, good infield arm strength, will need to improve footwork and arm accuracy. Similar outfield skills. Back side hitter, leans back to swing, upper cut swing plane, looks to pull and lift, will benefit from a more level approach. Good student. Throws 90 out of outfield -- perfect game report

CH has two justifiable athletes on board with lots of tools as has been reported by Perfect Game.  Velocity on the mound has been the nemesis all year for the cougars when facing it.  No doubt it will take their best performance at the plate to overcome this challenge. They need to remember how it felt to be man handled by the Mr. Hendrix over at Big Sandy who is definitely a power pitcher with a spectacular offspeed pitch.  Buna has some boys that can swing it and hit the pee diddle out of it at times and that time is when it is "strikes" That being said, patience at the plate will be the ticket I think.  Hit strikes and take balls, get base runners, then do what we do....make em pay every little mistake, as the mistakes are only going to get smaller and less frequent through playoffs. 

Buna doesn't have shutdown pitching, and have yet to try to play like they do.  Walks more than ever will be the most important thing to manage.  Give the defense a chance to make outs and minimize damage and I think we can play with most any 2A program.  I wish them well and am proud they have given themselves another chance to test their skills.  Goodluck!!

Two
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin