Buna vs Nac Central Heights predictions

[quote name="SFA65" post="1222311" timestamp="1337053339"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=99962.msg1222184#msg1222184 date=1337022984]
Good luck Buna. But, ill take CH in 2. Not easily, but it wont be too stiff of a challenge for them either. Phillips will win game one and Haley will win game two. If Buna is gonna keep it close, theyll have to be patient and take walks, not make any mental errors, and play better than they have played all season. If they dont do that, CH wins both by at least five. But good luck Coogs.
[/quote]

Ok? Glad they are playin the Texas rangers? Lol
[/quote]
And I guess if CH is the Rangers, Buna is compared to the Minnesota Twins in this case? If you wanna totally honest. Buna has a chance if they play well. If they don't, it won't be close.

One thing for sure, the pressure to perform is on CH, they are the slight favorite.  Buna has no reason not to let it all hang out and just go for it.  If they do I think they can do it in 2 and move on!!!  Each team has to make 21 outs or more to win whether it be ground outs or strikeouts.  If Buna doesnt give too many strike outs away they will be fine.  You only have to score 1 to win (or at least 1 more than your opponent).  Kids are human and pitchers can be rattled as proved the case last night for Lemoine of BC (only lasted 1 2/3) which I hated to see for BC but he was fortunate his team had his back and ended up winning and advancing.  Point being, just not the time to be tentative, go after it and see what happens. 

[quote name="Sportsfan1968" post="1222376" timestamp="1337094760"]
Alex Phillips is a 2013 RHP/1B with a 6-3 200 lb. frame from Nacogdoches, TX who attends Central Heights HS. Big build for his age, nice strength potential. Hand drop delivery, quick compact arm action, tight 3/4's release point, some drop and drive. Mid 80's fastball to 86 mph, FB has good life up and down. Fair CB spin when on top, good feel for change up, will cut change up effectively. Very good idea what he's doing for his age, mixes and spots well. Shows power with the bat, big loose swing with some bat speed, gets extension, sound fielding fundamentals at 1B. Good prospect, follow closely. Good student.  ---- perfect game report

Hunter Haley is a 2012 SS/OF with a 5-10 175 lb. frame from Nacogdoches, TX who attends Central Heights HS. Slender young build. 6.56 runner, quick twitch actions, quick to the ball defensively, good infield arm strength, will need to improve footwork and arm accuracy. Similar outfield skills. Back side hitter, leans back to swing, upper cut swing plane, looks to pull and lift, will benefit from a more level approach. Good student. Throws 90 out of outfield -- perfect game report

CH has two justifiable athletes on board with lots of tools as has been reported by Perfect Game.  Velocity on the mound has been the nemesis all year for the cougars when facing it.  No doubt it will take their best performance at the plate to overcome this challenge. They need to remember how it felt to be man handled by the Mr. Hendrix over at Big Sandy who is definitely a power pitcher with a spectacular offspeed pitch.  Buna has some boys that can swing it and hit the pee diddle out of it at times and that time is when it is "strikes" That being said, patience at the plate will be the ticket I think.  Hit strikes and take balls, get base runners, then do what we do....make em pay every little mistake, as the mistakes are only going to get smaller and less frequent through playoffs. 

Buna doesn't have shutdown pitching, and have yet to try to play like they do.  Walks more than ever will be the most important thing to manage.  Give the defense a chance to make outs and minimize damage and I think we can play with most any 2A program.  I wish them well and am proud they have given themselves another chance to test their skills.  Goodluck!!

Two
[/quote]We had to hit to win and didn't end of story. Phillips and Haley worked their butts off. Great effort    Good luck to CH NEXT ROUND. run was fun while it lasted. Good job cougars

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder