Brenham vs. Little Cypress-Mauriceville Game Thread/Brenham advances!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 5th

Stegent reaches on HBP
Watts (running for Stegent) steals 2nd
Jahns K swinging
Baird out 6-3, Watts to 3rd
Brewton reaches on BB
Luchenas runs for Brewton
Luchenas steals 2nd
Jozwiac reaches on E6, Watts and Luchenas scores
Wunderlich K swinging

For Brenham:
2 runs 0 hits, 1 error, 1 LOB

After 4 1/2, Brenham 9, LC-M 0

Top 6th
Top 6th

Webb 1B to center
Baker K looking
Newman out 6-3, Webb to 2nd
Stegent reaches on BB, Webb steals 3rd
Watts (running for Stegent) steals 2nd
Jahns out 6-3

For Brenham:
0 runs, 1 hit, 0 errors, 2 LOB

After 5 1/2, Brenham 9, LC-M 0

Brenham dominated throughout this game. I was a little surprised they handled LCM that easily.  LCM had a ton of errors in this game, their defensive play was very sloppy.  The third pitcher they brought in should have been canned, he hit three of our leadoff hitters, the third being the starting pitcher with a fastball to the ribs.  He then got mouthy with a kid he had hit earlier in the game after a strikeout. Very classless performance.  Otherwise it was a great ballgame, usually Brenham vs. LCM games are tooth and nail.  Brenham just brought it tonight.

[quote name="ricko" post="1221350" timestamp="1336797974"]
Brenham dominated throughout this game. I was a little surprised they handled LCM that easily.  LCM had a ton of errors in this game, their defensive play was very sloppy.  The third pitcher they brought in should have been canned, he hit three of our leadoff hitters, the third being the starting pitcher with a fastball to the ribs.  He then got mouthy with a kid he had hit earlier in the game after a strikeout. Very classless performance.  Otherwise it was a great ballgame, usually Brenham vs. LCM games are tooth and nail.  Brenham just brought it tonight.
[/quote]

I wasn't at the game to make a call on the situation but it doesn't seem like LCM baseball to purposely hit batters when down in the ball game. Maybe playing conditions had something to do with the high number of hit batters with a combination of nerves. I'm glad it was just yelling though and nothing more serious came of it. Good luck ahead Cubs

Yeah Bear Country I thought the same thing too. But then the jawing at our players, especially ones he had already hit previously in the game, let me know what the intentions were.  It was a real shame that had to go on because LCM carries a class program, but as I said before it was a classless performance by that pitcher.

[quote name="Bear Country" post="1221351" timestamp="1336799763"]
[quote author=ricko link=topic=99914.msg1221350#msg1221350 date=1336797974]
[/quote]

I wasn't at the game to make a call on the situation but it doesn't seem like LCM baseball to purposely hit batters when down in the ball game. Maybe playing conditions had something to do with the high number of hit batters with a combination of nerves. I'm glad it was just yelling though and nothing more serious came of it. Good luck ahead Cubs
[/quote]

Thanks...  17-4A is 2-0 so far!  Magnolia is down in their series 0-1, & Magnolia West has a 1 gamer tomorrow.

[quote name="Monkeynuts" post="1221356" timestamp="1336801564"]
Congrats Brenham/Brenhamfan Lets try to make this a 17-4A rematch for the region. Good luck going forward and go 17-4A teams!!!
[/quote]

17-4A did it last year and we're gonna hopefully do it again!  We gotta get the Magnolia schools to do their part.

[quote name="ricko" post="1221350" timestamp="1336797974"]
[/quote]

The Brenham player started mouthing off first, no ifs ands or buts on that, so tell me who is classless.  I know it hurts getting hit, but you gotta take your lumps and then take your base (think Bryce Harper).  If your going to stand on the plate, your going to get hit.  Interesting tidbit, per BrenhamFan, the player who got hit twice has gotten hit more than anyone else on the team this year.  Think there's a coincidence?

Fortunately, other than maybe a couple of bruises there were no apparent injuries.

Other than the hit batsman, the pitcher in question was throwing very well.  He had several strikeouts and gave up very few base hits.  Brenham only scored twice and both of those were probably unearned.

Congratulations to the Brenham Cubs on their win last night.  Please go on and win state so we can at least say that it took the state champs to knock us out of the playoffs. :)

That was one amazing and fantastic catch by your centerfielder.  I've seen some great catches in the outfield this year but that one was the best.

For the LCM Bears, despite last nights game, you had a great year, certainly one to be proud of.  For the Seniors, I've enjoyed watching you play over the years starting back when you were 4 in Tee-ball.  I'm certainly going to miss it and you.  Good luck in all of your future endeavors.  For those who want to continue playing at the next level I hope you get what you want.

[quote name="ricko" post="1221352" timestamp="1336800050"]
Yeah Bear Country I thought the same thing too. But then the jawing at our players, especially ones he had already hit previously in the game, let me know what the intentions were.  It was a real shame that had to go on because LCM carries a class program, but as I said before it was a classless performance by that pitcher.
[/quote]
I was at the game. It probaly didnt help that the fans from Brenham were heckling the young man and some players mouthed off to him as well. The kid had some nerves when stepping out and yal could tell that at times the guy can get wild. When he settles down, he was good. Great game by Cubs. They make the plays and thats what you need to do. LCM made to many errors. Good season for the Bears though. Proud of you guys.

[quote name="LCM76" post="1221403" timestamp="1336831227"]
[quote author=ricko link=topic=99914.msg1221350#msg1221350 date=1336797974]
[/quote]

The Brenham player started mouthing off first, no ifs ands or buts on that, so tell me who is classless.  I know it hurts getting hit, but you gotta take your lumps and then take your base (think Bryce Harper).  If your going to stand on the plate, your going to get hit.  Interesting tidbit, per BrenhamFan, the player who got hit twice has gotten hit more than anyone else on the team this year.  Think there's a coincidence?

Fortunately, other than maybe a couple of bruises there were no apparent injuries.

Other than the hit batsman, the pitcher in question was throwing very well.  He had several strikeouts and gave up very few base hits.  Brenham only scored twice and both of those were probably unearned.
[/quote]

They wern't crowding the plate at all.  Also, it is one heck of a coincidence that he hit the lead off hitter 3 times, and threw behind another's head.  All of this in a few innings cuz he was the 3rd pitcher.  Really can't blame the weather, cuz our pitcher went 7 innings without hitting anybody.  You brought Bryce Harper up, as a reference, well his team retaliated.  Even after our pitcher got hit, he kept his composure, cuz we have more class than that.  Anyways, it's over now...  Congrats to the Bears on a fine season, good luck to the seniors.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1221416" timestamp="1336834172"]
It wasn't just our fans.  I sat on the LCM side and there were 2 guys standing up, yelling profanity across the stands.
[/quote]
I am well aware of that. My point was that the fans from Brenham did not understand that this guy can be like that on occasion. Good pitcher, but can get off on occasions. He was not trying to prove a point. We did not want to just give yal runners on base. We were down 9-0. Lol. He didnt do it intentionally.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder