Pujols

It's May 3rd and there have been 2 more no hitters thrown than Albert Pujols homeruns.

Also Chris Johnson and Carlos Beltran had more RBi's Last night than Albert does all year. 

Is he just having a hard time adjusting to the AL or is this the beginning of a drastic decline?

[quote name="baddog" post="1218526" timestamp="1336175951"]
How can anyone not like Albert Pujols? He's a class act in my book and the shot he hit off of Brad Lidge is still orbiting.
[/quote]

I agree.  I watched a segment about Albert adopting his future wife's daughter who has down syndrome.  It's hard not to root for an athlete who took on that resposibilty at such a young age.  Most athletes would run from that, especially since the kid wasn't his.  He earned my respect and still continues to run a foundation for Downs syndrome research. 

http://www.pujolsfamilyfoundation.org/about/

[quote name="jenks" post="1221440" timestamp="1336837062"]
He reminds me of Beltran after he left the Astros. Never played up to the money.
[/quote]

Beltran is actually doing a great job of filling in for Pujols in St Louis.  He is tied for 1st in Hr's and 2nd in RBI's in the NL.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1221444" timestamp="1336837523"]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=99629.msg1221440#msg1221440 date=1336837062]
He reminds me of Beltran after he left the Astros. Never played up to the money.
[/quote]

Beltran is actually doing a great job of filling in for Pujols in St Louis.  He is tied for 1st in Hr's and 2nd in RBI's in the NL.
[/quote]
Your right, he is doing pretty good right now. My thought is the years with the mets rights after he left the stros.

[quote name="LumRaiderFan" post="1218668" timestamp="1336184949"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=99629.msg1218526#msg1218526 date=1336175951]
How can anyone not like Albert Pujols? He's a class act in my book and the shot he hit off of Brad Lidge is still orbiting.
[/quote]

I agree...what's not to like about Pujols?
[/quote]

i don't know, just something about him.  i respect him, just don't like him.  and now that he left his hometown team that made him a ridiculous offer in order to run to LA for an even more ridiculous offer, i like him even less.  glad to see him struggling since he's in Texas' division.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83