So who are the biggest surprises/disappointments so far this year?

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1214599" timestamp="1335322827"]
Surprises....Splendora and PNG not losing a district game so far.
[/quote]

Actually Splendora lost the 1st meeting against Huffman but did beat them the second time around but I do agree that Splendora did suprise alot of people

In 4A, IMO Ozen finishing at 4-10 in district is not a surprise worth mentioning.  Them beating Nederland is however an accomplishment worth mentioning, which would also put the Bulldogs in the disappointment category on the heels of some district championship talk early.

I think Lumberton and Vidor felt like they should have made a better showing this year. 

I also think Livingston has been a pleasant surprise along with PNG's running of the table.

In 3A, HF has to be the team that would be considered the underacheiver and probably WOS somewhat of an overachiever just a few runs short of being in the thick of things.  BC Silsbee OF about where we all thought they would be.

In 5A, I think everybody came out about where they thought they would if westbrook cna get in.

Someone already wrote about Kelly feeling like they should have been able to get into the post season.

I think up north Jasper might be feeling like they should have been able to finish a little higher in the district.

[quote name="retiredoldcoach" post="1214660" timestamp="1335366701"]
I think up north Jasper might be feeling like they should have been able to finish a little higher in the district.
[/quote]
for sure.  Jasper, with a 17-7 overall record, has four one run district losses; and may have to win a playoff just to capture the third playoff spot.  surprises me.

Would have to say in 19-4a Crosby would have to be the biggest surprise . They started off horrible in pre-district , but really turned it on in district play . Hats off to the cougars . On the other end , would have to say dayton is the biggest disappointment . This team had a lot of expectations with plenty of talent to end up where they wanted to be , now here it is at the end of the season , and we are fighting for a playoff spot . We lost some close games to some district competition that we should have won . Broncos have to learn to finish if they expect to be a winning team . Good luck to all the 19-4a teams that make the playoffs .

After the smoke has cleared from the 20-4A race, I am not disappointed with my pirates.  I think our coach did well with the team we had.  I wish we could have pulled out a couple more wins and been in the race for that last spot, but just did not happen this year.  I think going in if you would have said we would finish one spot back of nederland we would have taken it.  Just would not have dreamed at that point that the bulldogs would be finishing fourth.

[quote name="j_dog" post="1215008" timestamp="1335461928"]
[quote author=retiredoldcoach link=topic=99390.msg1214660#msg1214660 date=1335366701]
[/quote]
for sure.  Jasper, with a 17-7 overall record, has four one run district losses; and may have to win a playoff just to capture the third playoff spot.  surprises me.

Agree this is suppose to be a strong sr class with 7 starting.  We should be better maybe we will get hot in playoffs...
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine