• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="1212241" timestamp="1334781579"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=99156.msg1212205#msg1212205 date=1334778359]
A nice list of names here as well.
[/quote]
Very nice list.
[/quote]

I thik Chris Pachuca should at least be in the finals and should have a good shot at the job.  He did a real good job when was in Deweyville as the Oline coach/DC.  He knows the kids and what is takes for them to be successful.  I don't think some of those on the list would be a good fit. 

[quote name="baseball25" post="1212265" timestamp="1334784322"]
dp70 who are the really good names?
[/quote]
There are guys from successful programs such as La Porte, Katy, La Marque, Montgomery, Wellington, the guy from South Garland (Seth Hobbs) won a state championship with a previous school he coached at, Farmersville.

[quote name="wildcats35" post="1212290" timestamp="1334786167"]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=99156.msg1212241#msg1212241 date=1334781579]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=99156.msg1212205#msg1212205 date=1334778359]
A nice list of names here as well.
[/quote]
Very nice list.
[/quote]

I thik Chris Pachuca should at least be in the finals and should have a good shot at the job.  He did a real good job when was in Deweyville as the Oline coach/DC.  He knows the kids and what is takes for them to be successful.  I don't think some of those on the list would be a good fit.
[/quote]
I agree, Coach Pachuca would be a good hire.

Big D is correct,

Coach Cauthern should get a chance he has been a finalist for many jobs, you couldnt find a better man to run a program, he is a program guy he cares about all programs girls and boys and has been a head coach of several different sports.  I would work for him again any where and any place, I hope he gets a chance.

Chris Babin has done a great job at Lumberton as there OC. He was a MAJOR reason Lumberton made the playoffs in 07/08 and runs a system that would fit Deweyville well. Also Deweyville and Lumberton are very similar in demographics and size of the school. I can't see a better fit for this job.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="WTB" post="1212709" timestamp="1334848476"]
Chris Babin has done a great job at Lumberton as there OC. He was a MAJOR reason Lumberton made the playoffs in 07/08 and runs a system that would fit Deweyville well. Also Deweyville and Lumberton are very similar in demographics and size of the school. I can't see a better fit for this job.
[/quote]
Surely you are kidding about your "Similar in demographics and size" statement - aren't you? ???

I worked with Chris and know the current Scarbourgh coach. Their are alot of hardships that go with that job. Babin went 2-8 his first and only season at Scarbourgh. The season before hand they didnt win a game if I remember correctly. He doubled or tripled their offensive output from the season before. He was not allowed to bring over or hire any coaches. He ethier got current coaches on staff or the principal would ask a new hire if they wanted to coach. Scarbourgh also had an enrollment of around 700 but plays in a 4A district because they do not have many local 3A schools.

As for the Coach at Galveston Ball, I dont know him personally but I hear he is a great guy and a joy to work with. I dont know much about him besides that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder