Ozen sprinter competed in too many races during District Track Meet

There is no way the Ozen coach did not know this rule. Nobody wants to win by default, but rules are rules. Had Nederland played by the same rules, Coach Dial would have entered their long distance runners in all 3 events (limit is 2), and Nederland would have won the District Title. The Ozen coach should be reprimanded and fired for cheating.  >:( >:(

[quote name="Zoneblock" post="1211233" timestamp="1334605253"]
pretty strong allegation there abe calling a coach a cheater and he needs to be fired.
[/quote]
Ur right. I was a tad upset when I found out this news. I withdraw my statement regarding him being fired. Fact remains that he did cheat by allowing a runner to participate illegally. All track coaches know the rules, and they should be held accountable for their actions. They are role models and leaders for these young kids who are easily influenced. Showing them its ok to cheat shows that they don't have to play by the rules. Every sport I played while growing up taught me life lessons which helped me through life. Leading these kids to cheat so they can get ahead is not what our young kids need.

Found out 30 min. rule does not apply in this situation.Honest Abe if Ozen is caught trying to cover up a mistake I could possibly see someone getting fired. What are the odds that James would be interviewed after the fourth race.Talk about getting caught with your hand in the "Cookie Jar".If they are caught in a "Cover-Up",I would hate to see what the UIL might do after Ozen's other problems this season.Best bet is to tell the truth if a mistake was made.   

[quote name="Rizon" post="1211333" timestamp="1334627795"]
[quote author=scouter link=topic=99015.msg1211299#msg1211299 date=1334623893]
all yall stfu.. haters
[/quote]

Wow...you should be banned from this site. I don't think there should be 30 minute time limit or whatever it may be, if they were caught using a kid in four races (accident or not) they should lose those points.
[/quote]
typical.....  ::)

(not talking about you rizon)

Being how high school track in east texas isn't as strongly supported as much as some of the other team sports, it doesn't shock me how this happened and how the community and others find it to not be that big of a deal.  I dont know about getting fired, but I think being stripped of the district title would be more fitting.   

[quote name="bjimbo" post="1211406" timestamp="1334669030"]
Being how high school track in east texas isn't as strongly supported as much as some of the other team sports, it doesn't shock me how this happened and how the community and others find it to not be that big of a deal.  I dont know about getting fired, but [b]I think being stripped of the district title would be more fitting.  [/b]
[/quote]

Yes they shouldn't be district champs because real champs don't cheat even if it was a mistake.

I don't think just eliminating the one relay team has enough teeth.OZEN would not have won the 1600 with out James in it.If the only consequence is to have that team eliminated if caught,sounds like a pretty good gamble to do it and cheat your way to a District championship if not caught.The rule book states that" places" shall be taken away if this type of violation happens.Don't know how an "s" can be at the end of place and only DQ one relay team !P.S.OZEN also ran a distance guy in to many events.Only cost them 4 points when discovered.

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1212526" timestamp="1334805625"]
I don't think just eliminating the one relay team has enough teeth.OZEN would not have won the 1600 with out James in it.If the only consequence is to have that team eliminated if caught,sounds like a pretty good gamble to do it and cheat your way to a District championship if not caught.The rule book states that" places" shall be taken away if this type of violation happens.Don't know how an "s" can be at the end of place and only DQ one relay team !P.S.OZEN also ran a distance guy in to many events.Only cost them 4 points when discovered.
[/quote]
If I understand u correctly, even of Ozen was dropped from 1st place to 2nd place in that relay, would it have been enough points to propel Nederland into 1st place? If my memory is still decent, relays are worth more points than individual events. 20 pts for 1st, right? Not sure of what the next 'place' earns? 16? 15pts?

Ozen won the 4x400m by 6 seconds. How fast of split did the kid who was entered in too many events run? They have a kid that can go 47-48 but I don't know his name. If he was not the one in 4 events, I think they would have still won the 4x400m but we will never know.

Snjpes,you are right.We will never know.I am more concerned why the distance runners points were taken away in every event he participated in and the same logic was not applied to James.If you use the same logic,all three relay teams should have been DQ.The distance runner lost 2 points in two different races.The relay teams should have lost 60 points.

[quote name="JSnipes" post="1212646" timestamp="1334843301"]
Ozen won the 4x400m by 6 seconds. How fast of split did the kid who was entered in too many events run? They have a kid that can go 47-48 but I don't know his name. If he was not the one in 4 events, I think they would have still won the 4x400m but we will never know.
[/quote]maybe it had to do with Ozen trying to cover it up and not admitting what they did??

It upsets me that this whole thing happened but I do feel for the young man (James), not sure that this is how he wanted to be in the spotlight. Hopefully the kids are learning from the mistakes the adults made, exactly why  I don't leave it completely up to the coaches to teach my son the ins and outs of life.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    lufunom123
    Newest Member
    lufunom123