Nederland vs. Livingston Game Thread/Livingston wins 2-0!

[quote name="tjcfan08" post="1210568" timestamp="1334376203"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=98942.msg1210531#msg1210531 date=1334373740]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=98942.msg1210509#msg1210509 date=1334372464]
Nederland is having a bad run right now.
[/quote]

Nederland has scored 1 run in their last 3 games.  They need to figure something out on te offensive end of they want to do anything in the playoffs.

[/quote]

Never would have predicted this kind of year for Nederland....Such a talented group of kids and no leader.....Hope they get that batting lineup figured out....Let's go Bulldogs....
[/quote]

I see what your saying about not expecting Ned to have the record they do at this point in district but I for one think it has less to do about Ned and more to do about Livingston. Fact of the matter is that Livingston is a top team this year, no questions asked. [b]They have allowed 15 RUNS in district 20-4A so far through 10 games.[/b] I have no idea why people are not talking about this more. I'm not trying to call you out tjcfan08; Im just trying to make a point that Livingston is not getting the love the deserve and that is especially true of their pitching staff.

[quote name="EAGLE BLUE" post="1210595" timestamp="1334381107"]
[quote author=scapegoat link=topic=98942.msg1210570#msg1210570 date=1334376491]
Biggest case of" home cooking" I have ever witnessed in alot of years of watching baseball.Livingston played great they did not need the extra help.If those two guys called everyone of Livingstons games the Lions would be undefeated.9 against 11 is not a fair game! Have never witnessed two umpires have a conversation with the home coach about a call and not let the visiting coach in on the conversation.Especially when the call goes the home teams way reversing the original call.Just so happens it was in the same inning Livingston scored it's 2 runs.With no one on base the home plate umpire over rules the first base umpires call that livingstons first baseman's foot came off the bag.Lead off batter for Nederland in the inning.Sure would like to know what was said in the conversation!
[/quote]

WOW !!!  Spoken from a fan of the team with the goose egg on the scoreboard.  It's the way it has been, and I am sure it's the way it will always be.  If we win, We played a great game. If we lose, then it's the umps fault.. 
[/quote]

ummmm...., ump do make the calls at all games.  Ned does NOT blame the umps at Livingston for loss. Man up.  When you lose, you have to look at yourself.

Highly unlikely, those SAME umps from last night also called:
Ned games vs Png, Ned vs Vidor, or others

There's one common denominator here  = that  we  DO NOT come up with the HITS, & RIGHT NOW, we don't have the ability to punch runners in.  Pitching has kept us FROM falling apart. 

Good win for Livingston!
Dogs will figure it out! 

[quote name="bballfanatic" post="1210488" timestamp="1334371144"]
Lions shook up things in 20 4-A tonight!
[/quote]

Don't be so surprised, Livingston's been in the mix all season long.  In fact they've been on the edge of getting into the playoffs for the last couple of years.

Livingston may very well have the top 1-2 pitchers in district.

Despite the records, I don't think there really is a whole lot of differences between the top four teams in district.  PNG is undefeated which speaks well of their consistency in the field and timely hitting but if I recall all of their games against Nederland, Livingston and LCM have been pretty close.

I agree with LCM36. We have one of the hardest districts in the state to "escape from" and grab a play-off spot. The top four teams are basically battling for seeding at this point, unless Vidor wins out. Credit is due to all of them for playing hard every game.

Among the top four, we are talking a difference of 1 and 2 points each time they play. Wins at this point come down to pitching and defense. An error can cost you the whole game, especially when most of the points aren't even hitting the board until the 6th and 7th innings when they play each other.

Great win for the Lions.

Livingston's success thus far is not a surprise to any coaches in 20 4A.  They have seen this same group of Seniors for 3 years now as they were on the varsity as Sophomores, and as a previous poster said, right on the edge of the playoffs the last two years...sweeing PNG last year and 2 outs away from the playoffs last year against Vidor.  This was always going to be the year for this group from their first freshman practice.  I as said before the season, they returned the most starters of any team in the district, ( 8 out of 9), and returned their top 3 pitchers, who were arguably the best in the district.  They might finally be putting in all together at the right time.  They can make a deep run in the playoffs if they can lock up the #2 seed with their pitching depth.

Man Up did you hear me complain about calls in the Vidor and PNG losses?That bust out inning Livingston had they had one hit in it and alot of help with a reversed call.Pitcher for Livingston was great and we should have been entertained with extra innings but the umpires made sure they got home on time.One has to ask why there were only two umpires at the game.No doubt Nederland should be playing better and not leaving it in the umpires hands.Just the way it goes when you are struggling.One thing is for sure.There were some awful 'Fishy" calls in the lake Livingston area last night!   

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1210570" timestamp="1334376491"]
Biggest case of" home cooking" I have ever witnessed in alot of years of watching baseball.Livingston played great they did not need the extra help.If those two guys called everyone of Livingstons games the Lions would be undefeated.9 against 11 is not a fair game! Have never witnessed two umpires have a conversation with the home coach about a call and not let the visiting coach in on the conversation.Especially when the call goes the home teams way reversing the original call.Just so happens it was in the same inning Livingston scored it's 2 runs.With no one on base the home plate umpire over rules the first base umpires call that livingstons first baseman's foot came off the bag.Lead off batter for Nederland in the inning.Sure would like to know what was said in the conversation!
[/quote]

[quote author=scapegoat link=topic=98942.msg1210739#msg1210739 date=1334435922]
Man Up did you hear me complain about calls in the Vidor and PNG losses?That bust out inning Livingston had they had one hit in it and alot of help with a reversed call.Pitcher for Livingston was great and we should have been entertained with extra innings but the umpires made sure they got home on time.One has to ask why there were only two umpires at the game.No doubt Nederland should be playing better and not leaving it in the umpires hands.Just the way it goes when you are struggling.One thing is for sure.There were some awful 'Fishy" calls in the lake Livingston area last night!   
[/quote]

If you've been watching a lot of baseball over the years as you claim, especially games at Nederland, you would have to agree that over the years Nederland has had an awful lot of calls go their way when they are at home.  I recall several ridiculous calls that have gone against LCM the previous two years.  (This past years game at Nederland was a very well called game, LCM just stunk it up).

By the way, in MY years of watching baseball, umpires don't generally have discussions with both coaches at the same time (but I'm not saying that it NEVER happens).  Generally they discuss a situation with one coach and then after the ruling may talk to the other coach to give an explanation.  After the call was made after talking to the Livingston coach, if the umpire didn't go to the Nederland coach then the Nederland coach should have gone to the umpire to discuss.  Mr. Ump1 may be able to give some better insight on how these situations are handled.

Even if the Nederland runner was ultimately ruled safe at first (if I correctly understood what was posted), as good as the Livingston pitchers are, he most likely would have been left stranded there or been put out at 2nd on a DP.

[quote name="LCM76" post="1210765" timestamp="1334440811"]
[quote author=scapegoat link=topic=98942.msg1210570#msg1210570 date=1334376491]
[/quote]

[quote author=scapegoat link=topic=98942.msg1210739#msg1210739 date=1334435922]
[/quote]

If you've been watching a lot of baseball over the years as you claim, especially games at Nederland, you would have to agree that over the years Nederland has had an awful lot of calls go their way when they are at home.  I recall several ridiculous calls that have gone against LCM the previous two years.  (This past years game at Nederland was a very well called game, LCM just stunk it up).

By the way, in MY years of watching baseball, umpires don't generally have discussions with both coaches at the same time (but I'm not saying that it NEVER happens).  Generally they discuss a situation with one coach and then after the ruling may talk to the other coach to give an explanation.  After the call was made after talking to the Livingston coach, if the umpire didn't go to the Nederland coach then the Nederland coach should have gone to the umpire to discuss.  [b]Mr. Ump1 may be able to give some better insight on how these situations are handled.[/b]

Even if the Nederland runner was ultimately ruled safe at first (if I correctly understood what was posted), as good as the Livingston pitchers are, he most likely would have been left stranded there or been put out at 2nd on a DP.
[/quote]

Well since i was not there, kind of hard for me to comment on what went on. I can say the reason that there are two umpires at Livingston games is because they use the Houston Chapter and Livingston chooses to only pay for two umpires. Most games around the state are covered by two man crews. Our local 4A and 5A schools opt to pay for three for the extra coverage. The travel dollars that Livingston has to pay for officials in all sports has to be a killer on their budget.

Mr Ump1,I appreciate your insight.The over ruling of the pulled foot opened my eyes to what went on the rest of the game.The first base umpire was right on top of the call.The coach came out to argue the call and the first base umpire went to the home plate umpire for back up and the home plate umpire left him out to dry by reversing a call his partner was right on top of.Mr Ump I know you know this does not happen to often because Umps usually catch each others backs.I am not saying we would have won the game with different calls but the calls that were made sure did not help things.From my experience when a young umpire over rules his partner he is either a ego maniac or someone with a agenda.P.S. I am very impressed with the Livingston Lions and wish the best of luck to you guys in the play-offs.Just hope we get a cleaner game called next year.   

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1210875" timestamp="1334457510"]
Mr Ump1,I appreciate your insight.The over ruling of the pulled foot opened my eyes to what went on the rest of the game.The first base umpire was right on top of the call.The coach came out to argue the call and the first base umpire went to the home plate umpire for back up and the home plate umpire left him out to dry by reversing a call his partner was right on top of.Mr Ump I know you know this does not happen to often because Umps usually catch each others backs.I am not saying we would have won the game with different calls but the calls that were made sure did not help things.From my experience when a young umpire over rules his partner he is either a ego maniac or someone with a agenda.P.S. I am very impressed with the Livingston Lions and wish the best of luck to you guys in the play-offs.Just hope we get a cleaner game called next year. 
[/quote]
Classy response 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder