Jasper wants new football coach by April 30

[quote name="u_da_man" post="1202922" timestamp="1332940460"]
Two representatives from the Football booster organization...can you say 10ft pole......
[/quote]
has this been done before?  we have had some strange hires over the past decade plus.  going to finally get it right?

will booster members make any difference?  At first blush, it is easy to blame the admin & board for this debacle.  and i think they do owe some honest explanations instead of more obfuscation.  but how many fans have put pressure to get their kid more playing time, or a different position?  don't know, but over the years i have heard surprising complaints in the stands from fathers and standerbys.  Even Walkoviak came under intense criticism for not "winning the big one".  Well they got rid of him, and it was years before they got to play in another "big one".  maybe we should all share the blame.  but it is the job of admin and board to do the fixing.  hope they finally get it right this time.

"hope they finally get it right this time" J_Dog

I do not and will not understand people saying "finally." Bickham was a bad hire, possibly. Morgan was a great hire as shown by the success of the football program, but he just picked up and left on his own...I don't understand how people are suggesting that they have been getting it consistently wrong over the years. I guess it just comes back down to everyone NEEDS someone to blame, because it has to be someones fault right? So the easiest target is the administration.

[quote name="football" post="1203017" timestamp="1332948940"]
Coaching had nothing to do with Walk leaving.
[/quote]
true.  but the criticism was out there.  at least i heard it and i was not even living in Jasper by that time.  comments like "anyone can win with the talent at Jasper."  Time has proven that to not be true.  besides the point.  my point is that since Gene Walkoviak left, we have had a revolving door in Jasper Texas.  some flashes of greatness for one period of time.  then everything fell apart.  My point is that I understand that the admin and board can be under pressure, even with a great coach.

But still, in the end, it is admin's job to do the hiring.  and their responsibility if they do not get it right.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder