Latest H-F applicant list

Until they raise the pay or there is a sudden spike in talent, H-F will continue to be a stepping stone school. They might as well go out and get a big name because whoever they get is going to leave after a couple years anyway. The only people I see that would stay more than 3 years from that list is Lance Dale (who is from H-F) or Billy Tilton (who coached there in the 90's).

In the last 4 years H-F's record has been 6-34 (Mangan: 3-17, Price: 3-17). If the new coach goes 8-12 in his first 2 years, he is going to look like a miracle worker. Then, he'll leave. Revolving door.

[quote name="cattail" post="1200126" timestamp="1332355667"]
They had a guy that wanted it and would have stayed when it was down to Mangan and Stewart. They chose Mangan.
Barbay would be a great hire, unless the Jasper opening has his interest.
[/quote]I'm with you, if offered the Jasper job it is his for the taking. You know Jasper is going to try and go after him being he showed interest in HF. Heck why wouldn't he, closer to his hometown and a chance to compete and coach with the cailber
of talent that the Jasper area offers. It could not come at worse time for HF, I think somebody like Barbay could really help our program as we have some talent in place next year with more coming in.

[quote name="knows2much" post="1200121" timestamp="1332355390"]
Remember I said this...

The job will belong to Barbay if he wants it.  If not it'll be Dale from Kountze.

Mark it down
[/quote]
Between the two I hope its Dale, because he will most likely stay longer since he bleeds blue and gold.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kabamok245
    Newest Member
    kabamok245