West Brook coach finalists await word on job

Tweets in past hour from Beaumont Enterprise sports writer David Henry:

"BISD school board president Woodrow Reece said the school board has not yet received a recommendation on the new coach at WB"

"School board members Janice Brassard, Tom Neild and Mike Neil said yesterday they had not gotten a recommendation"

Flanigan over Haynes?!  Hummm.  Interesting!!  We'll see.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1184069" timestamp="1330035459"]
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/West-Brook-coach-finalists-await-word-on-job-3356726.php

Looks like it may be Flanigan's job.
[/quote]

It's all about the stupid, rumored racial comments.  I've been around the gentleman on many occasions.  He is far from racists.  If West Brook truly feels that the he is the best candidate for the job, then hire him already!  This is a coach that really does care about his players, and expects discipline.  He doesn't play the favortism game for any child, including a school board member's child.  If hired, he is hired to win football games and make his players better.  Not to please every parent or every school board member's child.

It is my understanding that Flanigan refused to start some influential citizens' children, including a board member's child, at Crosby.  The board member then basically poisoned the water.  When the community members found out BISD wanted to possibly hire Flanigan they called a BISD board member and here we go.  Stupid. 

[quote name="sig220" post="1184377" timestamp="1330089067"]
It is my understanding that Flanigan refused to start some influential citizens' children, including a board member's child, at Crosby.  The board member then basically poisoned the water.  When the community members found out BISD wanted to possibly hire Flanigan they called a BISD board member and here we go.  Stupid.
[/quote]OK.  I see.  So basically, the Crosby board contacted BISD simply to blackball Mr. Flanigan, correct?  And this caused all kinds of havock in last night's selection?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder