West Orange-Stark vs. Orangefield Game Thread/Orangefield wins 56-53!

WOSgrad

[quote name="bballgod" post="1178206" timestamp="1329278601"]
Not every thread has to become DV and somebody elses arguing grounds.  Why do teams always have to be put down when trying to prove your point.  Nobody on here said anything about OF being world beaters, but you get on here and dog them.  Are they the caliber as Ozen or Wheatly.  No and never claimed to be, but 9 men just fought their butts off tonight to play another day.  Quit dogging them.  Just a proud parent.  Sorry.
[/quote]

Here here!! Good post!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1178203" timestamp="1329278378"]
Silsbee only beat WOS by 7 the first time they played in Silsbee!!! ;)
[/quote]
and 30 the next time...right? 8)...Bad teams have great games and vice versa..It happens...but this is not an example of "brains" over athleticism, by any means...WOS is just not very good.  JHow bad did you guys beat Orangefield, Lazeek? 30, 40?  ???

[quote author=bballgod link=topic=96025.msg1178206#msg1178206 date=1329278601]
Not every thread has to become DV and somebody elses arguing grounds.  Why do teams always have to be put down when trying to prove your point.  Nobody on here said anything about OF being world beaters, but you get on here and dog them.  Are they the caliber as Ozen or Wheatly.  No and never claimed to be, but 9 men just fought their butts off tonight to play another day.  Quit dogging them.  Just a proud parent.  Sorry.
[/quote]

Not dogging Orangefield...Great win for them...They beat WOS...They fought hard and won. Congrats to them for the win.

[quote name="bballgod" post="1178206" timestamp="1329278601"]
[/quote]

Good post, sir.  But don't be offended because neither one of those individuals intended to offend you.  It was just their grounds to take the opposite side of the issue with me.  I will congratulate you again because you beat a team that can run faster and jump higher and, regardless of the level of play, is considerably more athletic than the Bobcats.  I believe that speaks well for your team and proves there are other variables involved besides athleticism.  Since West Orange beat a local 4-a team that is in the playoffs and lost by 2 to another team that is tied for first in the same district, I feel they are a decent team and it means what Ofield did tonight was a noteable accomplishment.

[quote name="Aces_Full" post="1178249" timestamp="1329280228"]
Dickie V loves to throw in Ozen's name like their anything special this yr. maybe he just reliving his glory days riding Coach Boutee's coattails. 
[/quote]
Sure I am...call me Mr. coattails... ::)....wanna try my ring on?  8)....Lets get back on topic, please...this is not about me...please.

As a member of the OF community, I want to say how proud I am of these players and coaching staff.  They have gone through more in the past 6 or 7 months than most teams ever with the loss of one of their teammates.  They looked tonight like they had something to prove and they were playing for someone.  I hope this carries over and we see something special this weekend and who knows, maybe next week.  I think those 9 players and 3 coaches would all agree, this one is for you, Grey.

[quote name="bballgod" post="1178257" timestamp="1329280693"]
As a member of the OF community, I want to say how proud I am of these players and coaching staff.  They have gone through more in the past 6 or 7 months than most teams ever with the loss of one of their teammates.  They looked tonight like they had something to prove and they were playing for someone.  I hope this carries over and we see something special this weekend and who knows, maybe next week.  I think those 9 players and 3 coaches would all agree, this one is for you, Grey.
[/quote]

:) :)

[quote name="monotone" post="1178267" timestamp="1329281482"]
So how is 3rd place determined?
[/quote] somethin to do with a coin toss I think they all 3 flip a coin and the team that wins that gets a bye and the other two face off and the winner faces the remaining team and that winner gets in the playoffs... something like that I believe

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1178271" timestamp="1329281734"]
[quote author=monotone link=topic=96025.msg1178267#msg1178267 date=1329281482]
[/quote]
Three team tourney...teams flip for the 1 seed and the bye...2 and 3 seed play Friday night, and the winner plays 1 seed on Saturday for the 3rd spot...
[/quote]when was the last time this happened?

[quote name="monotone" post="1178275" timestamp="1329281935"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96025.msg1178271#msg1178271 date=1329281734]
[quote author=monotone link=topic=96025.msg1178267#msg1178267 date=1329281482]
[/quote]
Three team tourney...teams flip for the 1 seed and the bye...2 and 3 seed play Friday night, and the winner plays 1 seed on Saturday for the 3rd spot...
[/quote]when was the last time this happened?
[/quote]

In this particular district, not sure. Last year in 24-1A DII, they had a 4 team tie and had a mini tourney to determine what 3 teams went to the playoffs out of the 4.

Inspired and a little help from Grey on those last free throws.  Just glad that they are playing another day.  This group of kids will always be the most special group of kids to me.  They have helped keep me distracted and hope that they continue to just play like there is only 2 mins left every game.

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="1178302" timestamp="1329283953"]
Inspired and a little help from Grey on those last free throws.  Just glad that they are playing another day.  This group of kids will always be the most special group of kids to me.  They have helped keep me distracted and hope that they continue to just play like there is only 2 mins left every game.
[/quote]

Good stuff.  Congrats again Catter!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder