Huffman vs. Orangefield Game Thread/Orangefield wins 63-47!

WOSgrad

The ladies stepped it up tonight.  One of the best games they've played all season.  Huffman was much improved over last season.  That freshman #22 is going to be a good one, I like the way she plays.

Next game against Giddings will be a tough one.  Continue to play as a team Lady Bobcats and you will be fine.  Good luck!

So proud of my Lady Bobcats last night and proud of our two seniors Ashton Wagner and Rebecca Higginbotham!!! Ashton hit the first shot of the game a long 3 pointer and it was on after that. Girls played inspired and hard all night, that's the Lady Cat team I've been waiting to see all year. Coach Jost did a great job of keeping our girls fresh with a good rotation and we flat wore out Huffman who I believe only played 7 girls all night. Our press was making them work for everything and we contested most of their shots all night. We were just in better shape and it showed in the second half, our girls looked like they could have played another game. We hit some big 3's at key times everytime Huffman was making a run to slow them down. And our post ran the floor and got easy buckets all night, it was a total team effort!!! Keep it up ladies and go give Giddings a taste of what Southeast Texas basketball is all about!!!

[quote name="Cat22" post="1178210" timestamp="1329278849"]
The ladies stepped it up tonight.  One of the best games they've played all season.  Huffman was much improved over last season.  That freshman #22 is going to be a good one, I like the way she plays.

Next game against Giddings will be a tough one.  Continue to play as a team Lady Bobcats and you will be fine.  Good luck!
[/quote]
Good luck to Orangefield and congrats on the win.

[quote name="Bobkat" post="1178387" timestamp="1329313537"]
So proud of my Lady Bobcats last night and proud of our two seniors Ashton Wagner and Rebecca Higginbotham!!! Ashton hit the first shot of the game a long 3 pointer and it was on after that. Girls played inspired and hard all night, that's the Lady Cat team I've been waiting to see all year. Coach Jost did a great job of keeping our girls fresh with a good rotation and we flat wore out Huffman who I believe only played 7 girls all night. Our press was making them work for everything and we contested most of their shots all night. We were just in better shape and it showed in the second half, our girls looked like they could have played another game. We hit some big 3's at key times everytime Huffman was making a run to slow them down. And our post ran the floor and got easy buckets all night, it was a total team effort!!! Keep it up ladies and go give Giddings a taste of what Southeast Texas basketball is all about!!!
[/quote]

Very good analysis.  I don't attend many girls games but was there due to a niece being on Huffman's  team.  Huffman only played 6 or 7 players and when they made a run in the fourth they ran out of gas.  Orangefield played a great game.  As far as Huffman,  its a shame they played so few players.  If they had played more,  maybe those on the floor late in the game could have kept there run going.  Oh and for you OF fans/cheerleaders you have to drop that "Who are you rooting for" cheer,  nobody should copy that from hj it just gives you a bad name.... ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476