Chances for State?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1172355" timestamp="1328409475"]
Hardin Jefferson and maybe and I do maybe Nederland. Silsbee with an outside chance depending on match ups.
[/quote]BADSANTA, just when I think you're taking meds as directed, you come along and make a statement about the possibility of Nederland going to State 8)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1172389" timestamp="1328423713"]
Oh goodness....seriously? The ONLY teams with a REALISTIC shot at Austin in the area are Silsbee and HJ... ::)....Come on you guys, lets be realistic here....
[/quote] How can you say Silsbee and HJ?? Only one of them will make it out of regionals :o

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1172414" timestamp="1328454006"]
That means they BOTH have a shot at going.... ::) ::)
[/quote] Every team that makes the tournement has a SHOT. Its all about who gets hot at the right time. There were a few teams that were said to have the REAL SHOT at making it to Austin last yr, and the only one that made it ,was not one of those ( REAL SHOT ) teams.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1172372" timestamp="1328413646"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=95487.msg1172355#msg1172355 date=1328409475]
Hardin Jefferson and maybe and I do maybe Nederland. Silsbee with an outside chance depending on match ups.
[/quote]BADSANTA, just when I think you're taking meds as directed, you come along and make a statement about the possibility of Nederland going to State 8)
[/quote]

Dove did you really think they could make it to Regionals last year? Read my comments. I said maybe And I so mean maybe. Central is decent but good money says they will only go as far a Smiths jump shot will take them.

[quote name="rc2182" post="1172404" timestamp="1328451447"]
HJ AND SILSBEE ARE THE ONLY TWO TEAMS WITH A REALISTIC CHANCE AT GOING TO STATE, AND OZEN GIRLS OF COURSE,AS A MATTER OF FACT THEY (OZEN GIRLS ) WILL WIN STATE.
[/quote]
How about the B Hill girls? Are they good enough to knock out Ozen?

[quote name="True Blue" post="1172418" timestamp="1328455784"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95487.msg1172414#msg1172414 date=1328454006]
[/quote] Every team that makes the tournement has a SHOT. Its all about who gets hot at the right time. There were a few teams that were said to have the REAL SHOT at making it to Austin last yr, and the only one that made it ,was not one of those ( REAL SHOT ) teams.
[/quote]

that's not true.  most teams who make the tournament have NO shot.  I'd say in each classification, there are maybe 10 teams with realistic shots, and maybe 10-15 with an outside shot based on whether they get hot and if they get favorable matchups.  glad to see you back, though.  finally get that hay cut?  ;D

[quote name="bullets13" post="1172433" timestamp="1328460233"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=95487.msg1172418#msg1172418 date=1328455784]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95487.msg1172414#msg1172414 date=1328454006]
[/quote]

that's not true.  most teams who make the tournament have NO shot.  I'd say in each classification, there are maybe 10 teams with realistic shots, and maybe 10-15 with an outside shot based on whether they get hot and if they get favorable matchups.  glad to see you back, though.  finally get that hay cut?  ;D
[/quote]

Bullets, are saying that most teams that make the state tournament have NO shot? If so, I have to disagree with that statement. I mean you are down to just the final 4 and I have been to what will be 41 straight state tourneys and most if not all the teams there have a very descent shot of winning it all id not a great shot. It's just 2 wins away for all of them.

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1172424" timestamp="1328458133"]
[quote author=rc2182 link=topic=95487.msg1172404#msg1172404 date=1328451447]
HJ AND SILSBEE ARE THE ONLY TWO TEAMS WITH A REALISTIC CHANCE AT GOING TO STATE, AND OZEN GIRLS OF COURSE,AS A MATTER OF FACT THEY (OZEN GIRLS ) WILL WIN STATE.
[/quote]
How about the B Hill girls? Are they good enough to knock out Ozen?
[/quote]
Nope they sure don't. Ozen is a freight train headed to that state ring. The only thing that can stop them and themselves.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1172444" timestamp="1328462143"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=95487.msg1172433#msg1172433 date=1328460233]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Bullets, are saying that most teams that make the state tournament have NO shot? If so, I have to disagree with that statement. I mean you are down to just the final 4 and I have been to what will be 41 straight state tourneys and most if not all the teams there have a very descent shot of winning it all id not a great shot. It's just 2 wins away for all of them.
[/quote] Thats what I was trying to say. These are 17 and 18 yr old KIDS, In a one game situation you never know what might happen.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1172462" timestamp="1328465733"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=95487.msg1172461#msg1172461 date=1328465618]
Even though "anything is possible" I believe that in this region at the 3-a level, Waco LaVega is the likely representative with HJ and Silsbee having the best chance to beat them out of it.
[/quote]

I agree.
[/quote] just curious on the playoff scenario.. either way silsbee or HJ will have to face la Vega until Huntsville right

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1172444" timestamp="1328462143"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=95487.msg1172433#msg1172433 date=1328460233]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i got the impression that he was talking about any team that made the playoff tourney.  obviously, once they get to state, or regionals, for that matter, they have a chance.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
    • Classic Bridge City.  Always someone else's fault, refs/umpires cheated, AD with an agenda, yada, yada, yada.  As far as I can tell it's damn near impossible to get fired at these schools so when someone does get fired, it's usually something.  Drama at Bridge City is a constant.  The guy did a good job coaching basketball and I'm sure he'll continue that somewhere else.  Time to move on.
  • Topics