Chances for State?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1172707" timestamp="1328533931"]
Vp, would you put money on those long odds? Didn't think so! You just get your signature line ready after this week!  8)
[/quote]
Does it matter if i would put money on it Dickie? No it doesn't. The topic of the thread clearly reads chances for state and i am simply arguing that Nederland has a chance.

[quote name="vp32" post="1172710" timestamp="1328534100"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95487.msg1172707#msg1172707 date=1328533931]
Vp, would you put money on those long odds? Didn't think so! You just get your signature line ready after this week!  8)
[/quote]
Does it matter if i would put money on it Dickie? No it doesn't. The topic of the thread clearly reads chances for state and i am simply arguing that Nederland has a chance.
[/quote]
OK, and I am saying that the odds are slim to none....closer to none! ;)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1172719" timestamp="1328534744"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=95487.msg1172710#msg1172710 date=1328534100]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95487.msg1172707#msg1172707 date=1328533931]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I think you have made that point lol.  8)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1172719" timestamp="1328534744"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
To quote one of my favorite movies:
"Yes! So you're saying there is a chance!". (Lloyd Christmas)

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1172731" timestamp="1328536947"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95487.msg1172719#msg1172719 date=1328534744]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
To quote one of my favorite movies:
"Yes! So you're saying there is a chance!". (Lloyd Christmas)
[/quote]
LOL ;D ;D....actually, there is...I mean, you're in the playoffs, right? 8)...slim is better than not being in the hunt! ;)

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1172740" timestamp="1328537576"]
Not many experts picked the #6 seed in the Western Conference to win the NBA title in 1994 but The Rockets proved (just about) everyone wrong!
[/quote]

If my understanding is correct, the Giants had to beat the Cowboys in the last game just to get into the playoffs and then they won the Superbowl?

[quote name="stevenash" post="1172744" timestamp="1328537925"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95487.msg1172740#msg1172740 date=1328537576]
Not many experts picked the #6 seed in the Western Conference to win the NBA title in 1994 but The Rockets proved (just about) everyone wrong!
[/quote]

If my understanding is correct, the Giants had to beat the Cowboys in the last game just to get into the playoffs and then they won the
Superbowl?
[/quote]
That is correct.

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1172797" timestamp="1328542271"]
I'm pretty sure not many people gave the 'Hoosiers' team in IN much of a chance either, but there is proof that it does happen at the HS level as well. Movie based on a 1954 IN HS team who won the state championship against all odds.
[/quote]2012-1954= 58 years. Yep, its long overdue for a Hoosier miracle to happen for Nederland  ::)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1172802" timestamp="1328542575"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95487.msg1172797#msg1172797 date=1328542271]
I'm pretty sure not many people gave the 'Hoosiers' team in IN much of a chance either, but there is proof that it does happen at the HS level as well. Movie based on a 1954 IN HS team who won the state championship against all odds.
[/quote]2012-1954= 58 years. Yep, its long overdue for a Hoosier miracle to happen for Nederland  ::)
[/quote]
I hear ya. Just mentioning examples in which everyone can relate. I'm sure it's happened many times since then. It was such a big deal then bc it would be like Evadale (who has a very good program) beating FM Marcus this year. Back then, they didn't have different classifications which made it  such a big accomplishment.

Guys ,you are going to eventually have to accept the idea Nederland is good ,but barring a miricle ,no chance for state ,no time soon ,it's a long road to get there for even the very best of teams .With that being said be proud of the accomplishments and strides they have made ,but state with the team they have now, no way.

[quote name="rc2182" post="1172811" timestamp="1328543469"]
Guys ,you are going to eventually have to accept the idea Nederland is good ,but barring a miricle ,no chance for state ,no time soon ,it's a long road to get there for even the very best of teams .With that being said be proud of the accomplishments and strides they have made ,but state with the team they have now, no way.
[/quote]
I hear ya rc. I don't think anyone is predicting (or expects) this team to win it all this year. We are just enjoying the ride, and it's exciting to see how far they can go. Next year, however, expectations will be a bit higher, and I will be singing a different tune.

Agreed, but I will go as far to say ,which ever team comes out as the district leader next year will make a deep run in the playoffs based on the talent level coming up from all three teams Ned.,Ozen, Central .Hate looking past this year but our district is not very strong compared to others ,however it is fun and competive to watch locally.

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1172820" timestamp="1328544537"]
[quote author=rc2182 link=topic=95487.msg1172811#msg1172811 date=1328543469]
[/quote]
I hear ya rc. I don't think anyone is predicting (or expects) this team to win it all this year. We are just enjoying the ride, and it's exciting to see how far they can go. Next year, however, expectations will be a bit higher, and I will be singing a different tune.
[/quote]I agree enjoy the ride. But some of us enjoy making it bumpy sometimes.  ;)

[quote name="rc2182" post="1172831" timestamp="1328545436"]
Agreed, but I will go as far to say ,which ever team comes out as the district leader next year will make a deep run in the playoffs based on the talent level coming up from all three teams Ned.,Ozen, Central .Hate looking past this year but our district is not very strong compared to others ,however it is fun and competive to watch locally.
[/quote]
I think all 3 team's will make a lot more noise next year as well. I am with you though, I am more interested today in talking about this year. On your other statement about this district being 'down', others are as well. 19-4A isn't anything special, and neither is district (17) with Brenham/Magnolia, Mag West/Stratford. District 20-4A plays 19-4A in round one, then will play either 17 or 18 4A in round 2. Both of those rounds are very 'winnable' for Ned, Central, and Ozen. All you need is 3 wins for a trip to Regionals, in which the 20-4A champ and 4th place (Likely LCM) has to go through Humble to accomplish that feat. The runner up and 3rd place winner has to go through KW Park, Stratford, Magnolia, or Crosby. None of these team's are considered 'Powerhouses'.
Yates, Manvel, Pearland Dawson, Terry, Lamar Consolidated, and Wheatley are all in a different bracket, and will beat up on one another to reach the Regional tourney.

First in Indiana, they still do not have classifications.
Second, I think it is very resonable to think Nederland, maybe not this year, but with coach English building it the way he has, could win a State Title.  I have seen teams from West Texas at Austin, that the "buzz" in the crowd was how bad they would get beat, people picking 20-30 point loss for the team out of West Texas.  They would execute to near perfection, and flusterate the other team so much that they would give up.  This is not a single occurance, I have seen this many times.

Im sorry, I must have been brought up different than some others, but Houston Yates dont scare me or intimidate me at all.  I played against the best Houston had to offer for 5 straight summers and Im from right here in little old East Texas. 
Yates is in for more of an awakening than HJ or Silsbee. 
This reminds me of when I was growing up, and we would hear of a player from New York or Los Angelos, people would think and even college coaches recruit them on this basis, but when it gets right down to it, they are no different than me and you.  A friend of mine that played for the Detroit Pistons, told me I would see this and he was absolutly correct.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="1172911" timestamp="1328551392"]
Im sorry, I must have been brought up different than some others, but Houston Yates dont scare me or intimidate me at all.  I played against the best Houston had to offer for 5 straight summers and Im from right here in little old East Texas. 
Yates is in for more of an awakening than HJ or Silsbee. 
This reminds me of when I was growing up, and we would hear of a player from New York or Los Angelos, people would think and even college coaches recruit them on this basis, but when it gets right down to it, they are no different than me and you.  A friend of mine that played for the Detroit Pistons, told me I would see this and he was absolutly correct.
[/quote]But you didn't have FaceBook or XBox back then. You got home from school, milked the cows and then went off to play. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine