Chances for State?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1172961" timestamp="1328553192"]
[quote author=Silsbeealum14 link=topic=95487.msg1172937#msg1172937 date=1328552383]
You trying to be funny but be Realistic Idiot !!!! :-X
[/quote]
Idiot? Realistic? First of all...never mind, not going to waste my time on someone like yourself.  8)
[/quote]
Good idea. People who result to personal insult aren't very intelligent.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="1172911" timestamp="1328551392"]
Im sorry, I must have been brought up different than some others, but Houston Yates dont scare me or intimidate me at all.  I played against the best Houston had to offer for 5 straight summers and Im from right here in little old East Texas. 
Yates is in for more of an awakening than HJ or Silsbee. 
This reminds me of when I was growing up, and we would hear of a player from New York or Los Angelos, people would think and even college coaches recruit them on this basis, but when it gets right down to it, they are no different than me and you.  A friend of mine that played for the Detroit Pistons, told me I would see this and he was absolutly correct.
[/quote]
Preach On East TX bball! Some try intimidation techniques to demoralize others. It gets real old on this board when people talk about teams that they have never seen play. I don't think Boise State approached their BCS game against Oklahoma a few years ago when they were clearly the underdog, yet beat all odds and won the game. They were not afraid of their NAME only!

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1172971" timestamp="1328553587"]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=95487.msg1172911#msg1172911 date=1328551392]
Im sorry, I must have been brought up different than some others, but Houston Yates dont scare me or intimidate me at all.  I played against the best Houston had to offer for 5 straight summers and Im from right here in little old East Texas. 
This reminds me of when I was growing up, and we would hear of a player from New York or Los Angelos, people would think and even college coaches recruit them on this basis, but when it gets right down to it, they are no different than me and you.  A friend of mine that played for the Detroit Pistons, told me I would see this and he was absolutly correct.
[/quote]
Preach On East TX bball! Some try intimidation techniques to demoralize others. It gets real old on this board when people talk about teams that they have never seen play. I don't think Boise State approached their BCS game against Oklahoma a few years ago when they were clearly the underdog, yet beat all odds and won the game. They were not afraid of their NAME only!
[/quote]
I think Vidor was picked a favorite in 3 games maybe this year in football and yet they went 10-3 and to the 3rd round of the playoffs. Odd's don't mean a thing.

[quote name="vp32" post="1172973" timestamp="1328553780"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95487.msg1172971#msg1172971 date=1328553587]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=95487.msg1172911#msg1172911 date=1328551392]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I think Vidor was picked a favorite in 3 games maybe this year in football and yet they went 10-3 and to the 3rd round of the playoffs. Odd's don't mean a thing.
[/quote]

they had a good year, but realistically, they still had no chance to make it to state.  the same holds true for our teams out of 20-4A this year.

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1172922" timestamp="1328551705"]
[quote author=Silsbeealum14 link=topic=95487.msg1172899#msg1172899 date=1328550799]
Don't forget that Nederland has to go through Houston Yates to make it 2 State !!!! Just Saying
[/quote]
Really?? Well hello Captain Obvious!  :P
[/quote]

And as much as I would like to see the local team in Austin, Nederland better have improved greatly against pressure since earlier in the year or they don't stand a chance against any good team that applies solid pressure.  The games I saw were early in the season and they fell apart under pressure.

[quote name="bullets13" post="1172979" timestamp="1328554060"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=95487.msg1172973#msg1172973 date=1328553780]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

they had a good year, but realistically, they still had no chance to make it to state.  the same holds true for our teams out of 20-4A this year.
[/quote]
We were in the playoffs, therefore we had a chance at one time. Ned is going to the playoffs, therefore they have a chance. It doesn't matter how small of a chance. They still have one.

[quote name="bullets13" post="1172979" timestamp="1328554060"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=95487.msg1172973#msg1172973 date=1328553780]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote].  Great Comment Bullet13, at least somebody understands !!!! Lol

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1172797" timestamp="1328542271"]
I'm pretty sure not many people gave the 'Hoosiers' team in IN much of a chance either, but there is proof that it does happen at the HS level as well. Movie based on a 1954 IN HS team who won the state championship against all odds.
[/quote]But the reason it became a movie is that stories like this happen once in a blue moon.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1173073" timestamp="1328558370"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95487.msg1172797#msg1172797 date=1328542271]
I'm pretty sure not many people gave the 'Hoosiers' team in IN much of a chance either, but there is proof that it does happen at the HS level as well. Movie based on a 1954 IN HS team who won the state championship against all odds.
[/quote]But the reason it became a movie is that stories like this happen once in a blue moon.
[/quote]
Yes, and that blue moon occurred a few years ago in a BCS game when Boise State beat the odds and defeated Oklahoma. It happens. We are not expecting it in Nederland (this year) but for someone to say there is NO CHANCE is simply ignorant.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1173073" timestamp="1328558370"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95487.msg1172797#msg1172797 date=1328542271]
[/quote]Or once in a lifetime. And 58 years is just too soon :D

[quote name="east texas bb" post="1173183" timestamp="1328569942"]
Is New Waverly even winning their district?  I know they are at the top, but Trinity and Crockett are in the hunt as well.  Central Heights.  White Oak.  Those are just a few.  It wont be a cakewalk.
[/quote]

I believe Central Heights may have as good a chance as anyone.  I also think Tatum is pretty decent this year.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1173194" timestamp="1328571412"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=95487.msg1173184#msg1173184 date=1328570212]
Central Heights has already beaten Kountze twice this season.
[/quote] but you know the lions have come alive in recent weeks. they are not the same team that has been bitten twice already.
[/quote]
Galveston Ball also beat LaMarque twice last year in the regular season. LaMarque won the 3rd matchup to advance to the State Tourney in 4A before losing in the Finals.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine