Top Assistant Coaches-Known & Unknown

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1167748" timestamp="1327858558"]
My tops are in unranked order & ready for the next level:

Ken Coleman-Memorial

Ira Brooks-Silsbee

Clay Davis-Hardin-Jefferson

Passion, knowledge, and know what the heck they are doing ;)
[/quote]

Cannot believe you left out the best assistant coaches in the area. You know, the ones in the bleachers.

List starts with:

BLUEDOVE3
dawg13
True Blue
BMTSoulja1
Tebow

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1167753" timestamp="1327859837"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=95085.msg1167748#msg date=1327858558]

Ken Coleman-Memorial

Ira Brooks-Silsbee

[/quote]

Cannot believe you left out the best assistant coaches in the area. You know, the ones in the bleachers.

List starts with:

BLUEDOVE3
dawg13
True Blue
BMTSoulja1
Tebow
[/quote]Aww shucks!  ;)  ;)  ;D ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1167955" timestamp="1327894336"]
My youngest son dunked for the first time last week. I would have preferred he use the moment to shoot a mid range jumper.
[/quote]
C'mon....no you wouldn't. If you can put it down, put it down!.......Just not when he plays Nederland  ;D

Funny thing about 3-point shooters. I know a kid out of Houston area who is a top prospect and listed on the ESPN ranking. He loves to shoot 3 pointers. I did a shot graph on him once. He attempted about nine 3's and made 1 or 2. My personal theory is that a three is like a dunk. Thru all the hoopla, it disguises your weaknesses. All the people remember are the one or two 3's he hit in that game. Another example is the kid on Baylor's team, Duece Bello. All everything in high school with his athletic dunks. Can dunk the ball 101 ways but can't shoot a jumper. Sitting his butt on the bench now. Ya gotta get the fundamentals down. Unless you're shooting 40% plus, you ain't no 3 point shooter. Anything less and you're probably hurting your team.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1167966" timestamp="1327896118"]
Funny thing about 3-point shooters. I know a kid out of Houston area who is a top prospect and listed on the ESPN ranking. He loves to shoot 3 pointers. I did a shot graph on him once. He attempted about nine 3's and made 1 or 2. My personal theory is that a three is like a dunk. Thru all the hoopla, it disguises your weaknesses. All the people remember are the one or two 3's he hit in that game. Another example is the kid on Baylor's team, Duece Bello. All everything in high school with his athletic dunks. Can dunk the ball 101 ways but can't shoot a jumper. Sitting his butt on the bench now. Ya gotta get the fundamentals down. Unless you're shooting 40% plus, you ain't no 3 point shooter. Anything less and you're probably hurting your team.
[/quote]Anyone shooting 1/9 from behind the arc needs a seat beside the coach or at the very least be learning how to set pics.

[quote name="no-look" post="1167960" timestamp="1327895017"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=95085.msg1167955#msg date=1327894336]
My youngest son dunked for the first time last week. I would have preferred he use the moment to shoot a mid range jumper.
[/quote]Actually a three would have been worth more...lol....Good times ahead!
[/quote]I agree!!!  ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1167748" timestamp="1327858558"]

Ken Coleman-Memorial

Ira Brooks-Silsbee

[/quote]

I have to bite my tongue on this one.......

but I would take James Collins from Silsbee anyday!

[quote name="whsalum" post="1167979" timestamp="1327897202"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=95085.msg1167966#msg1167966 date=1327896118]
[/quote]Anyone shooting 1/9 from behind the arc needs a seat beside the coach or at the very least be learning how to set pics.
[/quote]My exact sentiments ;)

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1168047" timestamp="1327933439"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=95085.msg1167994#msg1167994 date=1327900757]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95085.msg1167755#msg1167755 date=1327860052]
Lance Robertson-Memorial
[/quote]
is that the same coach that was at vidor for a lil while??
[/quote]
Yep. He's a great assistant!
[/quote]
Yes he is. He was IMO one of the best coaches to come through Vidor behind English. He was English's assistant back in the day.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1167966" timestamp="1327896118"]
[/quote]

Unless you are 7'3"

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami